Gophers World Mafia, Rags & The Mother Aligned have Won!

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

And it’s funny that you keep saying betrayal when I’m all actuality I did the very same thing you did ...... I wanted to help town (and also knew that I would be brought back to town) 

I was town, had a role that gave me knowledge of a reconversion mechanic, announced in thread that I did not want to be recruited and would not cooperate and once I was recruited, I did what I could to still help town win. 

You acted in a manner to ensure you would turn mafia, then upon turning mafia you we’re willing to off yourself. When told no you still wanted to help town win. 

How on gods green earth are those any different? 

UNT - this is not complicated. 

You got switched to an alive faction that was in a position to win and you betrayed them. 

I got switched to a dead team with the idea that I would shoot myself and it would be funny. 

How are you not understanding?

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

UNT - this is not complicated. 

You got switched to an alive faction that was in a position to win and you betrayed them. 

I got switched to a dead team with the idea that I would shoot myself and it would be funny. 

How are you not understanding?

You’re exactly right, it’s not complicated. 

I told you beforehand that I would not cooperate. You also fail to acknowledge that you still would have died that night regardless ......

you also fail to mention that I was reconverted that night and then lead town to victory. 

I didn’t gain any knowledge of who all was in that faction. 

You forced yourself to be switched to a dead team and then voted town out in the final vote for an all scum victory. 

But wait, I thought you were trying to help town?? 

So which is it? 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

although, touch won and you lost in these examples :)

touch played to a future win condition that he knew he could potentially fulfill.

should you feel betrayed? of course! touch betrayed you, and its part of the game, especially when theres the possibility to switch sides again. 

you attempted to lose on purpose (by trying to alter your wincon to mafia whem there were no others). you then proceeded to wipe out the town (turned on them?) to ensure a scum victory. town may feel betrayed by you. well, its part of the game.

i think both instances are totally fine. Its kind of like if you are town, but you could possibly be converted. its okay to try to lead the cult to convert you.

its kind of being being on a dying faction, and you know that hitting player X will convert you. so what, you do it!

there are many paths in mafia.

if you fulfill your win condition at the end of the game, thats what matters.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

although, touch won and you lost in these examples :)

touch played to a future win condition that he knew he could potentially fulfill.

should you feel betrayed? of course! touch betrayed you, and its part of the game, especially when theres the possibility to switch sides again. 

you attempted to lose on purpose (by trying to alter your wincon to mafia whem there were no others). you then proceeded to wipe out the town (turned on them?) to ensure a scum victory. 

i think both instances are totally fine. Its kind of like if you are town, but you could possibly be converted. its okay to try to lead the cult to convert you.

its kind of being being on a dying faction, and you know that hitting player X will convert you. so what, you do it!

there are many paths in mafia.

if you fulfill your win condition at the end of the game, thats what matters.

ctrl-f swag

no matches

didnt read

34 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

you then proceeded to wipe out the town (turned on them?)

This is where you go off course. I killed/outted 5 others. I killed exactly 1 known town and it was after host told me we would have a fun end game. Otherwise I would have shot Rags. 

But this argument is dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is where you go off course. I killed/outted 5 others. I killed exactly 1 known town and it was after host told me we would have a fun end game. Otherwise I would have shot Rags. 

But this argument is dumb. 

But I thought your goal was to help town? 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

But I thought your goal was to help town? 

My goal was to have a funny death. 

Then my goal was to help end the game quickly. 

Then my goal was to shoot myself. And when I couldnt, it came down to Rags vs Counselor. I went for the funny ending. Had there been no funny ending I would have killed the other (Rags). 

I did more for town than the vast majority of town did. 

Now I am done. If you dont understand you never will. 

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Then my goal was to shoot myself. And when I couldnt, it came down to Rags vs Counselor. I went for the funny ending. Had there been no funny ending I would have killed the other (Rags). 

so if @theuntouchable screwed you guys over for the lulz, would it then be okay :)

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

But you also said you were “sacrificing yourself to help town” 

yet now that argument has been blown to **** you’re  back to “I did it for the lulz”. 

Keep back pedaling Matt’s. It suits you well. 

At least when I made my move I didn’t come up with a pansy *** excuse as to why. At least man up and admit you were wrong. 

Archived