Trade the 12th pick?

James Lofton

3 hours ago, Hands said:

I posted on another site that a well know scout had his horizontal and vertical boards done and according to him...there were no players that warranted top 5 selections. Obviously there will be picks in the top five but this year's draft class doesn't have top five talent. Also said there were only 23 players that were ranked in the first round. So if you are Green Bay, you keep your 12 selection and if a trade situation happens...you only move down a few spots. Then use the extra picks to bundle them and move the 30th pick into the top 23. Right now it appears 1 QB and maybe two go into the first 10 picks. If that's the case...Green Bay will get one of the 10 best players available if they don't trade out.

I asked a friend who is very knowledgeable if the 23 number and none in the top five seemed right and he confirmed it to be a sort of consensuses.  

Thanks........

Kinda what I had been saying. I can see why perhaps Bosa and moreso Williams wouldn't be elite. 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This doesn't make sense to me with the production and measureables of some of the front 7 guys in the draft this year.

Bosa and Q Williams at a minimum are top 3-5 guys every year.

Williams is a one year wonder. I think that would dock him. Bosa's injury as well.

As to Oliver, he is not on the level of Donald who dropped because of size. And Jeremiah and others say Oliver is not as highly regarded by teams as by draft media. I can see that.

Any one else? ...... nope. 

So while I think both Bosa and Williams are the top two, I don't see elite talent at the top besides them and they both have mark downs.

At the same time, this class is loaded with raw talent and runs deep, just imo. (And I do like Harry lot now, esp for GB.)

2 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Williams is a one year wonder. I think that would dock him. Bosa's injury as well.

As to Oliver, he is not on the level of Donald who dropped because of size. And Jeremiah and others say Oliver is not as highly regarded by teams as by draft media. I can see that.

Any one else? ...... nope. 

So while I think both Bosa and Williams are the top two, I don't see elite talent at the top besides them and they both have mark downs.

At the same time, this class is loaded with raw talent and runs deep, just imo. (And I do like Harry lot now, esp for GB.)

Atlanta is said to really like Oliver FWIW. I don't like him because I don't think he has the length to play in our system.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Atlanta is said to really like Oliver FWIW. I don't like him because I don't think he has the length to play in our system.

Good players can play......... in any system. Jaire Alexander for instance. 

NFL . Com  -  3/28 Mock Draft (Four Rounds)

12 - T.J. Hockenson - TE
It's a coin flip whether the Packers take Ed Oliver or Hockenson here, but in this scenario, Green Bay gets a receiving threat for Aaron Rodgers and a fierce blocker for the run game.(Btw - they have Oliver going @ 13 to BUF. Burns @ 19 to TN).

30 - Johnathan Abram - S
After addressing an offensive need with the 12th pick, the Packers find a leader for the secondary in Abram. (I'm not buying this pick at all. Abram's is the first Safety off the board???????????? Not happening. Adderley @ 36 to SF. CGJ @ 38 to JAX).

44 - Kaleb McGary - OT
Right tackle Bryan Bulaga's future with the Packers is in doubt due to injuries that have limited him to just two 16-game seasons in nine years. McGary will be a solid starter for the Packers whenever he takes over the starting gig.

75 - Zach Allen - DE
Allen is a powerful 5-technique prospect who could make things easier for the Packers after the 2019 season if Mike Daniels departs as a free agent.

114 - Anthony Johnson - WR
Though the Packers selected three receivers in last year's draft, they will look for value at the position this year, as well. Johnson's strong routes and hands make him a valued middle-round pick.

118 - Trayveon Williams - RB
Williams will be a fine addition to the Packers' backfield, which may need depth if Aaron Jones struggles with knee injuries again in 2019.

My take: :S

5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I saw that mock. It's terrible. If Oliver is on the board at 12 you run to the podium. 

Especially with the depth of the TE class. All these mock drafts tend towards perceived needs IMO and everybody thinks we're drooling or a TE.

24 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Most needs list cheat sheets put us down for TE, OG and ILB and no one is going to mock us an OG at 12.

You could make the case for EDGE, OT, S and DL as much as those positions you listed. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

12 - T.J. Hockenson - TE
It's a coin flip whether the Packers take Ed Oliver or Hockenson here, but in this scenario, Green Bay gets a receiving threat for Aaron Rodgers and a fierce blocker for the run game.(Btw - they have Oliver going @ 13 to BUF. Burns @ 19 to TN).

30 - Johnathan Abram - S
After addressing an offensive need with the 12th pick, the Packers find a leader for the secondary in Abram. (I'm not buying this pick at all. Abram's is the first Safety off the board???????????? Not happening. Adderley @ 36 to SF. CGJ @ 38 to JAX).

44 - Kaleb McGary - OT
Right tackle Bryan Bulaga's future with the Packers is in doubt due to injuries that have limited him to just two 16-game seasons in nine years. McGary will be a solid starter for the Packers whenever he takes over the starting gig.

75 - Zach Allen - DE
Allen is a powerful 5-technique prospect who could make things easier for the Packers after the 2019 season if Mike Daniels departs as a free agent.

Though the Packers selected three receivers in last year's draft, they will look for value at the position this year, as well. Johnson's strong routes and hands make him a valued middle-round pick.

Williams will be a fine addition to the Packers' backfield, which may need depth if Aaron Jones struggles with knee injuries again in 2019.

🤢

4 hours ago, Leader said:

12 - T.J. Hockenson - TE

30 - Johnathan Abram - S

44 - Kaleb McGary - OT

75 - Zach Allen - DE

DisgustingHarmlessAssassinbug-max-1mb.gi

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, be prepared then for a lot of Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams kinda dudes

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, be prepared then for a lot of Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams kinda dudes

So you're saying you'd rather take projects instead of highly rated players?  How has that turned out the past 4 years taking projects in the 1st few rounds the last 4 years?  The solid players/picks; Clark Alexander have produced ... the projects not so hot. Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams have produced a heck of a lot more than Randall, Rollins, Spriggs, Jones, Adams and even King who can't stay healthy.  You go ahead and take your projects and hope/pray they become players;  I'll stay with 1st and 2nd rounders who produce.

23 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

So you're saying you'd rather take projects instead of highly rated players?  How has that turned out the past 4 years taking projects in the 1st few rounds the last 4 years?  The solid players/picks; Clark Alexander have produced ... the projects not so hot. Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams have produced a heck of a lot more than Randall, Rollins, Spriggs, Jones, Adams and even King who can't stay healthy.  You go ahead and take your projects and hope/pray they become players;  I'll stay with 1st and 2nd rounders who produce.

White is a slightly bigger clone of Edmunds. That has worked out fine so far even having only seen his learning year.

Archived