Sign in to follow this  
Giants4eva

Giants4eva Mock Draft.. Final Draft on 4/24/19***

Posted (edited)

1- Arizona Cardinals- QB Kyler Murray / Oklahoma  - From just about all reports, this to me is looking like a done deal. 

2-  SF 49ers- DT Quinnen Williams / Alabama - I think the 49ers are looking to dominate along that defensive front and Williams in my opinion is the top defensive prospect regardless of position in this draft. John Lynch should have his draft card in in 30 seconds with this one. 

3- NY Jets- EDGE Josh Allen / Kentucky - I had Nick Bosa here for a long period of time. Then i watched the Kentucky / PSU game. Nuff said. To me Allen has jumped ahead of Nick Bosa as the top edge rusher in this draft. The fact that Bosa is coming back from an injury is minor at this point but i feel from what i've seen Allen has surpassed him as top pass rusher in this draft. 

4- Oakland Raiders- EDGE Nick Bosa / Ohio State - This is gonna put a chip on Bosa's shoulders being told he was taken as the 2nd EDGE rusher. But all things considered, Mayock and Co. can ill afford to let him slip by. Bosa would be a superb 1st choice on Mike Mayock's watch as the GM of the Raiders. Just cannot see him slipping any further than here. 

5- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LB Devin White / LSU -This pick has me thinking that the drafts first trade is coming. I can see a team like Denver jumping up here to take a guy like Dwayne Haskins and have the Buccs only drop 5 spaces to the 10th pick. But im not that great with trades.  Im gonna put Devin White here because i think if the Buccs stand pat, White will be their guy. After losing Kwon Alexander to the 49ers, they replace him with a better version of Alexander. 

6- NY Giants - DT Ed Oliver / Houston - Oh am i gonna hear it for this one. My team.. after all ive read and seen and watched, they are looking at a top defensive talent. My team is so devoid of talent on the defensive side of the ball its sickening. Oliver is a building block to change that here. Fits Dave Gettlemans idealogy if u ask me. Just a big, mean, nasty SOB to play against. I know some ppl will be saying why not Montez Sweat off the edge? Honestly, i think Oliver is the better talent. 

7- Jacksonville Jaguars - OT Jawaan Taylor / Florida - I think Tom Coughlin wants to protect his investment in Nick Foles with the best OT in this draft. Cannot see Taylor slipping past here. 

8- Detroit Lions - DL Rashan Gary / Michigan - With Ziggy Ansah being released, i just cant see the Lions letting a guy like Gary slip thru the cracks. When Ansah was healthy (key words), he was a force. Gary would be that production to fill the void. 

9-  Buffalo Bills -  EDGE Montez Sweat / Miss. St - I really went back and forth here as to whom the Bills were gonna take. I had DT Christian Wilkins on my radar to step in. But with Montez Sweat falling this far. I cannot see the Bills letting him by. Sweat falls this far due to the heart issue that was reported. I think the Bills will take their chances. 

10-  Denver Broncos - QB Dwayne Haskins / Ohio St - Elway gets a QB. Maybe not Drew Lock, but on my board i think Haskins is the top overall quarterback in this class. Joe Flacco knows he's not the long term answer, so this is the insurance policy. 

11-  Cincinnati Bengals - LB Devin Bush / Michigan -  I was torn 3 ways here. 1 way is do u get Andy Daltons replacement? the other ways were do u go TE maybe CB ? ... Well. I think Andy Dalton gets 1 more season to prove he is the guy for the Bengals going forward. So for now Drew Lock will not be the selection..with Devin Bush somehow available here, I dont think the Bengals will pass on 1 of the elite defensive talents. TJ Hockensen could be the pick here but since i think this draft is very defensive friendly with top tier talent, im sticking to Devin Bush. 

12-  Green Bay Packers -  EDGE Clelin Ferrell / Clemson - GB let go of Clay Matthews, having a guy to get at the passer is ALWAYS needed. i wanted to say a guy like TJ Hockensen here or even a possible lineman to keep Aaron Rodgers upright but ill stick to what i mentioned earlier, this drafts top prospects are on the defensive side of the ball. There is gonna be a lot of talent slipping  down, i believe, in this draft. 

13-  Miami Dolphins - QB Drew Lock / Mizzou - Ryan Fitzpatrick ? .. LOL. Ya no. This is one place i believe a QB has to be taken. The Dolphins have talent, they just need a QB to put it together. I think Lock can step in and help. 

14-  Atlanta Falcons - OT Jonah Williams / Alabama - Highway robbery here. Keeping Matty Ice upright is paramount for the Falcons to win in Atlanta. Williams is arguably the top OT in this draft. I could say possibly Christian Wilkins here but i dont think the Falcons brass saw Williams falling this far. 

15- Washington Redskins - WR AJ Brown / Ole Miss - This could be the most insane pick of this round but why not? I dont think the Redskins have Dan Jones on their radar and i know they dont wanna force drafting a QB just for the fact of drafting one. That's not what u do. So in my oppinion the next biggest need for the Skins is at WR. Josh Doctson just hasnt been all that impressive. They need someone to blow the top off a defence. When healthy Jordan Reed has done some damage and they do have Derrius Guice coming back from injury (well see what he does). I think the smart move here is take the top WR in this draft vs. taking what would be (in my opinion) the 3rd/4th best prospect at QB. I know ppl are gonna say HEY WHAT ABOUT DK METCALF??!!.. Brown didnt blow up the combine like Metcalf did,  but Brown didn't need to. Honestly think he's the top WR overall in this draft. 

16- Carolina Panthers -  S Deionte Thompson / Alabama - Top safety in this draft. I can easily see the Panthers taking him. This represents a BPA matching a position of need. I was considering possibly another weapon to give Cam Newton, but being once again this draft is loaded with defensive talent, Thompson falls into their laps. 

17- NY Giants (f/Cle) - QB Daniel Jones / Duke - I dont see Jones making it past my team. Read alot of reviews and the talks with Coach Cutcliffe about Jones game and the history he has with the Manning brothers. I can see this being the spot where Jones goes. 

18- Minnesota Vikings - TE TJ Hockensen / Iowa - The Vikings are going to be facing salary cap / extensions hell for a few of their players after this season. The odd man out could be Kyle Rudolph, if that's the case, Hockensen falling into their laps is beyond a steal. I dont like making picks here based on monetary decisions but the Vikings are the exception in this case. 

19- Tennessee Titans - WR DK Metcalf / Ole Miss - Name me the last downfield threat that could blow the top off of a defense that the Titans had. Ill wait. 

20- Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Greedy Williams / LSU - In my opinion he's still the best CB in this draft. Alot of ppl will debate about Byron Murphy but i think Williams has better instincts. I would've gone with a playmaking LB here for the Steelers but the top 2 LBs Bush and White are gone by this point. I think in terms of value, a top tier talent like Williams will be their pick. 

21- Seattle Seahawks - EDGE Brian Burns / Florida St. - Interesting scenario here. Frank Clark's situation i believe will work itself out. But opposite him, who do the Seahawks really have? Dion Jordan? Rasheem Green? Neither is much. Jarran Reed is a free agent after the year. I could say Cody Ford here but i dont think in terms of the better overall prospect that Ford is a better player then Burns. Burns i think will be the pick here. 

22- Baltimore Ravens -  WR N'Keal Harry / Arizona St - Steal of a pick for the Ravens at this point in the first round. Harry would be a #1 WR in their offense. They did sign Seth Roberts but i could see them adding in a young big kid like Harry. 

23- Houston Texans - OT Andre Dillard / Washington St - Another top flight OL talent to help shore up their oline. Matt Kalil was a decent move to be brought in, but i cant see him being the long term answer with his injury riddled past. After seeing Dashaun Watson take a beating in their playoff game last season, this is a no brainer pick. 

24- Oakland Raiders  (f/Chi) - RB Josh Jacobs / Alabama - Bit of a wild card pick this one but i think the Raiders are going for superstar homeruns. Jacobs is by far and large the best RB in this draft. Having signed Isiah Crowell recently doesnt impress me in the least. And Beast Mode is more like kitty mode anymore. 

25- Philadelphia Eagles - DT Christian Wilkins / Clemson - This team is so hard to gauge because they have so much talent all around. Howie Roseman really has become a top GM in this league. It would've been easy to say take a running back with this pick but Josh Jacobs just came off the board. So for my thought process, its BPA situation here. Wilkins could rotate in with Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson and just keep that defensive line sinister for a long time to come. 

26- Indianapolis Colts - DT Dexter Lawrence / Clemson - Soldifies that dline and adds a monster in the making in Lawrence. 

27- Oakland Raiders (f/Chi) -  CB Byron Murphy / Washington - I was gonna possibly go with a LB here but with Byron Murphy somehow slipping down to this part of the round.. gonna be very difficult to let him get by. 

28- San Diego Chargers - ILB Mack Wilson / Alabama - With the top DTs off the board, and seeing Jeff Simmons as a risk, i can see the Chargers going after Wilson to line up in the middle. 

29- Kansas City Chiefs - EDGE Zach Allen / Boston College - To me, he creeps into the first rd for the Chiefs. With Justin Houston and Dee Ford being let go / traded, i think it makes a ton of sense here for the Chiefs. Eric Berry being let go could lead to a safety here but i think the front line gets addressed here by Andy Reid and Co. I could say Jeffrey Simmons here, but I think a lot of teams especially after the Chiefs just dealt with Kareem Hunt's issues are going to stay away from him.

30- Green Bay Packers (f/NO) -  TE Noah Fant / Iowa - Just cannot see Fant falling into RD2. Aaron Rodgers needs another weapon to throw the ball to and can be a mismatch problem for opposing DBs. 

31- LA Rams - DT Jeffrey Simmons / Miss St. - This could be a steal.. potentially. Yes bad word i know. Simmons doesn't have the greatest background as we all know and he more than likely may not even play this coming season. But the Rams find themselves in a certain spot where they can go BPA. Suh is gone off the team, Mark Barron is gone. So to me the Rams bread and butter is keeping that defence intact. Simmons, if he can get his head straight, was a top 5 talent in this draft before the injury and the obvious off the field incidents. He has been clean in the recent monthes with regards to the off the field problems but time will tell. 

32- New England Patriots - OT Greg Little / Ole Miss - This team.. it doesnt matter what they take. They always make the most of any draft. They are the top drafting team consistently. To me it has to be Little here. To lose Trent Brown is huge. They also lost Trey Flowers. I just cannot see Bellechick undervaluing the importance of top line play.

Edited by Giants4eva

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

AJ Brown is a good pick for the Redskins.

Ya your team was difficult. It would be so easy to say go quarterback with them with the loss of Alex Smith. But i don't think Dan Snyder and Co. are gonna force / reach for a QB they dont feel is the guy to lead the franchise. I could see them trading up, its very possible. I just dont see it being high enough to get into the top 5/7 picks. So they go the route of WR in my oppinion

I wouldn't hate the Bush pick because if fills our biggest need, but Hockenson is a better player, and with Eifert's injury history he would play a lot.

5 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I wouldn't hate the Bush pick because if fills our biggest need, but Hockenson is a better player, and with Eifert's injury history he would play a lot.

Give me Bush all day over Hock.  We have other offensive weapons.  We literally have no LBs who can cover.

19 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Ya Eifert came to mind when i was writing this up. His injuries alone was the reason i had projected Hockenson. But the strength of this draft is the defense. I just feel 2 guys like Devin White and Devin Bush are gonna go high. Hockenson is really shooting up the charts right now on alot of other mocks but i see him going towards the mid / late 1st. 

Can’t see D Jones with Hockenson, Burns , Ferrell, Lawrence, Dillard at that point. DJ may be okay but don’t see him as a franchise QB . Am a Jints fan and would be disappointed in that selection.

I love how the Lions signed Trey Flowers and people still think they're going to draft someone at #8 to play his position

I don't dislike it Jonah is a great player and a need for sure would finish our O-line out and put him at RT.   Although i personally might still go Wilkins or Lawrence there at DT myself but wouldn't be mad at the pick at all.

A lot of good options on the board for the Vikings. I would find it hard for them to pass on Dillard with the state of our Oline woes...that said, if we don't go oline Hock is a good option imo. He is well rounded and can help in all aspects of the offense.

1 hour ago, Spinnerman1950 said:

Can’t see D Jones with Hockenson, Burns , Ferrell, Lawrence, Dillard at that point. DJ may be okay but don’t see him as a franchise QB . Am a Jints fan and would be disappointed in that selection.

Apparently from all the reports, David Cutcliffe has been in heavy contact with Pat Shurmur and Dave Gettleman about him. And also Jones and Eli Manning have been in heavy talks regarding playing for the Giants. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I love how the Lions signed Trey Flowers and people still think they're going to draft someone at #8 to play his position

You can never have enough pass rushers. This draft is high on elite defensive talent. Any team will take a top flight player whom makes that team better. In this draft its on the defensive side of the ball. When my Giants had Mike Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, they went out and drafted Mathias Kiwanuka to add to their pass rush. Cant go wrong with a guy like Gary to add into the mix. 

Edited by Giants4eva

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

You can never have enough pass rushers. This draft is high on elite defensive talent. Any team will take a top flight player whom makes that team better. In this draft its on the defensive side of the ball. When my Giants had Mike Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, they went out and drafted Mathias Kiwanuka to add to their pass rush. Cant go wrong with a guy like Gary to add into the mix. 

Like I always say, when you have a chance to use the #8 overall pick on a guy who will play 40% of the snaps or take away snaps from other great players, you gotta do it. Why take a player who could play 100% of the snaps at a position of need when you can draft a rotational backup? 

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Like I always say, when you have a chance to use the #8 overall pick on a guy who will play 40% of the snaps or take away snaps from other great players, you gotta do it. Why take a player who could play 100% of the snaps at a position of need when you can draft a rotational backup? 

giphy.gif

Gary played along the entire line at Michigan, he can come in and play EDGE easily for you guys. I wouldn't exactly call Romeo Okwara anything more than average. You got Trey Flowers but lets see what Gary does. I could easily see him taking over Okwaras job

Edited by Giants4eva

Howie roseman has a pretty set team building philosophy Id say even if jacobs is there at 25 he wouldnt take him. Rbs has no value to him. He has only not taken a lineman(O or D) once ever and that was when he picked wentz.