REED at WR

LoganF89

So I saw a post on bleacher report that came from hogs haven. It was titled redskins new look offense.

it had us trading our 2nd and Keenum for Rosen and then had us drafting Hockenson. It said our identity would be power run using many 2 TE sets like we do now. What I thought was interesting is that it had us using Jordan Reed as a slot receiver. Now I know he lines up in the slot a lot for us anyways but it got me thinking

Could Reed make a switch to WR? His combine he ran a 4.7 which was plenty fast for a TE but not Elite reciever speed. But what Reed does just about better than any TE is his route running. If he was to shred a little bit of weight could you guys see him making a switch to wide reciever if we drafted Hockenson. I know it’s hypothetical and would probably never happen but it makes you think if he was to cut a little weight how much faster he could be. 4.5s maybe? With his route running ability and size he would still be a good matchup on corners and wouldn’t take as many hits from bigger LBs

It almost makes me really eager to draft Hockenson to be honest if we thought reed could make the switch I know it’s way easier said than done but it would be a nice concept. In running formations where we run two TE sets reed could be in motion and basically be a 3 TE set. It’s really interesting to me and would like yalls thoughts. The mock they did kinda opened my eyes to it

I don't know about moving Reed to WR or drafting Hockensen, but trading Keenum along with a draft pick for Rosen works for me, especially if lowers the price on the draft pick from a 2nd to a 3rd. It would make sense for Arizona since getting Keenum cheap would immediately give Kingsbury a vet who knows his system (something that is probably in short supply in the NFL).

I mean there’s always packages that we can run!!! But I think the biggest thing for offense if we get Rosen is to get the health and get the guys geling together. No offense is in sync the first year but I think it’s time to build one and see where this roster really is and build going forward

18 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Well, you see, Hockenson is a tight end that actually plays a full season.

While true, he’s still barely going to get playing time if they don’t cut one of Davis or Sprinkle. And there’s absolutely no guarantee under Gruden that Hockenson would get playing time. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While true, he’s still barely going to get playing time if they don’t cut one of Davis or Sprinkle. And there’s absolutely no guarantee under Gruden that Hockenson would get playing time. 

I think you would immediately shop Davis for like a 6th round pick.  Keep Reed around and have two quality TEs.  Then let Reed walk when his contract runs out.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If you're taking Hockenson at 15, there is no way you dont play him early and often, especially cause Reed is a walking concussion. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Davis is an easy cut.

Give it three weeks Hock will be starting 

Reed can play slot WR, I'm not sure he has the long speed to win consistently outside.

I'd love to see a 2nd/3rd and long line up like this:

WR: PRich

Slot: Reed

TE: Davis/Slot: Quinn

WR: Doctson

As for trading Keenum to be Murray’s back-up and we’d get Rosen in return, I’d be for it, but just like I said before I don't see Allen agreeing to trade Keenum bc he just trade for him. I could be wrong about that, but I don't see it happening.

16 hours ago, Slateman said:

Davis is an easy cut.

Give it three weeks Hock will be starting 

I think if they were going to cut Davis that they would've done it in March, but they could be waiting to see what happens at the draft. IMO though, Davis is going to be on this team this year and then next year he’ll retire.

19 hours ago, mike23md said:

If you're taking Hockenson at 15, there is no way you dont play him early and often, especially cause Reed is a walking concussion. 

When’s the last time Reed had a concussion?

I believe it was 2016. Yep, 2016 was the last time Reed had a concussion and it was at the end of the game at home vs the Eagles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/sports/football/concussions-nfl-washington-redskins-jordan-reed.amp.html

On 4/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, turtle28 said:

When’s the last time Reed had a concussion?

I believe it was 2016. Yep, 2016 was the last time Reed had a concussion and it was at the end of the game at home vs the Eagles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/sports/football/concussions-nfl-washington-redskins-jordan-reed.amp.html

Ok, but how long was he out for the past 2 years? It was a metaphor. He is prone to injury and its obvious. Adding another young TE to come in and produce would be beneficial considering we can't keep anyone healthy. 

Archived