Josh Rosen trade value

SweetFancyMoses

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Then why don’t you trust him if he decides that the best course of action is to pay Dak?

If the deal is team friendly and more on Dak's level then it's fine. But if it's an outrageous deal that somehow Jerry got involved in then of course I'll hate it. Stephen made a public declaration that the deal has to be team friendly.

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Then why don’t you trust him if he decides that the best course of action is to pay Dak?

If you listen to SJ talk about Daks contract he sounds more like Calvart and I. He said wants to "fit Dak in" with a "team friendly deal" so we can keep other pieces in place, and specifically mentions Zeke.

So why don't you guys trust him?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

If you listen to SJ talk about Daks contract he sounds more like Calvart and I. He said wants to "fit Dak in" with a "team friendly deal" so we can keep other pieces in place, and specifically mentions Zeke.

So why don't you guys trust him?

I do trust him. I think they are going to re-sign him. And I think it’s going to be at a number that you and Calvert freak out about.

You act like our goal is to over pay Dak. That’s not the case. I want him for as cheap as possible. I’m just realistic that the first number in his APY is going to be a 3.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

it appeared your case for Rosen was simply Dak might get hurt. You can say that about everyone.

Right, but if Tyron, or Martin go down we aren't putting the ball in the backups hand every play. QB is the most important position. There's a reason we started bringing in better QB2s when we had Romo.

And I don't understand your stance. Yes important players get hurt sometimes which is why most teams make a significant effort to bring in swing tackles, and back up QBs. We are looking at RBs in the draft but we already have Zeke. Backups are important, and the most important back up is often your backup QB.

You are good with Mike White or Cooper Rush taking over in the middle of a game? I know you have low standards and expectations for your QBs but come on, man. 

Rosen has real 1st round talent. He may never realize it but his ceiling is off the charts and he is still super young.

I'd do a 3rd for him

What Dak should get paid and will get paid will most likely be 2 different things.

Dak should get paid based on his performance which is around the 12th best QB.

If were going to pay Dak top 5 money around $30 to $35 million a year that will be problematic.

To make that much money you have to consistently carry your team without top talent around you.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I do trust him. I think they are going to re-sign him. And I think it’s going to be at a number that you and Calvert freak out about.

You act like our goal is to over pay Dak. That’s not the case. I want him for as cheap as possible. I’m just realistic that the first number in his APY is going to be a 3.

How can we pay Dak $30m and it be team friendly? Because SJ didn't seem to thrilled to break the bank for him, and it's his call.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-Stephen-Jones-plants-3-seeds-in-Dak-contract-extension-talks-131258097/

"If there’s any position that has to keep an eye out, not only for themselves but ... on their team in terms of how much cap space they take up, these quarterbacks are those guys,'' he said. "They know if they take up too much cap space, it can hurt their chances of winning."

So what does Stephen say about the comparison between Wilson and another quarterback with a huge deal, Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers?

"You're talking about two guys there between Rodgers and between Russell Wilson that have won Super Bowls, that have had success year-in and year-out, taking their teams to the playoffs," Jones said.

Oh.

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How can we pay Dak $30m and it be team friendly? Because SJ didn't seem to thrilled to break the bank for him, and it's his call.

Because the salary cap is mostly a mirage if it’s managed decently, it’s getting bigger every year, and the alternative is much more costly than overpaying by a few million for our quarterback who is averaging 11 wins a season.

Russel Wilson’s new contract absolutely dwarfs his last one, despite not doing much over the last few years. Similarly, $30M will look much more reasonable in a few seasons when Mahomes, Watson, and Wentz are making $40M.

Look, I hope they get him for less. But I trust that this front office is smart about managing the cap. Whatever they end up signing him for will likely be fine by me. I hope it’s $21M, but I expect it to be closer to $31M. Which I’m ok with.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-Stephen-Jones-plants-3-seeds-in-Dak-contract-extension-talks-131258097/

"If there’s any position that has to keep an eye out, not only for themselves but ... on their team in terms of how much cap space they take up, these quarterbacks are those guys,'' he said. "They know if they take up too much cap space, it can hurt their chances of winning."

So what does Stephen say about the comparison between Wilson and another quarterback with a huge deal, Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers?

"You're talking about two guys there between Rodgers and between Russell Wilson that have won Super Bowls, that have had success year-in and year-out, taking their teams to the playoffs," Jones said.

Oh.

I don’t understand what you are arguing against, to be honest. Stephen Jones is on one side of the negotiating table and not going to come out and show his hand. You obviously want to sign the guy for as little as possible. I don’t disagree with any of that.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t understand what you are arguing against, to be honest. 

The post you quoted is just a link and a few quotes from SJ. They aren't my words. It isn't me arguing anything. It's informative. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Stephen Jones is on one side of the negotiating table and not going to come out and show his hand.

Well he certainly wasn't saying things like that with Tank or Martin before they signed. I don't think it can be dismissed as negotiation speak, but I guess we'll see.

I agree that we'll be signing Dak, but I trust SJ to get it under 30.

Archived