***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Pretending that JJ, and Kennedy and everyone else in that brain trust in charge of this IP, didnt 100% sing off on what Rain Johnson planned fro TLJ is just ridiculous.

They all knew, they all liked it, and instead of staying the course, believing is what they had agreed to build, (it sounds like) they caved to loud whiny fanboys.

I disagree with alot of what Lucas did, especially in the prequels, but atleast he stuck to his guns and told the whole story that he wanted to 

Rian Johnson made a terrible movie, that has nothing to do with fanboys.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Pretending that JJ, and Kennedy and everyone else in that brain trust in charge of this IP, didnt 100% sign off on what Rain Johnson planned fro TLJ is just ridiculous.

They all knew, they all liked it, and instead of staying the course, believing is what they had agreed to build, (it sounds like) they caved to loud whiny fanboys.

I disagree with alot of what Lucas did, especially in the prequels, but atleast he stuck to his guns and told the whole story that he wanted to 

When did JJ come back to IX? Is he a producer on VIII? (serious questions). He might not have known much until it was too late?

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Rian Johnson made a terrible movie, that has nothing to do with fanboys.  

Were gonna keep running in this circle, but Ill say it again;

RJ made a great movie, that didnt line up with the head cannon that FANBOYS created for themselves

And the majority of people land closer to that opinion than calling TLJ a "terrible movie"

• Like 2

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Were gonna keep running in this circle, but Ill say it again;

RJ made a great movie, that didnt line up with the head cannon that FANBOYS created for themselves

And the majority of people land closer to that opinion than calling TLJ a "terrible movie"

Ok well I disagree with your opinion that it was a great movie.  It was a terrible movie regardless of whether it was a star wars movie or not.  

I also disagree with you that the majority of people land closer to your opinion, it has a negative audience RT score.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They were referring to her trying to get back to Jakku which again was part of her obsession. If she wanted to find out who she was then she need to keep moving forward. 

That's the most surface level reading of a movie line I've ever seen.

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

How could anyone forget the biggest overreaction in cinema character history from a character who showed they had over come that in their last movie. 

He overcame it once 30 years prior. 5 seconds before "overcoming it", he was doing this:

sv2klvl128ae.gif

It's not crazy to think he hadn't actually done a complete 180 and had full control of his emotions going forward and forever more.

I'm sorry you wanted a perfect Luke Skywalker with no flaws or actual character traits, but that's just not who he has ever been protrayed as in the movies.

• Like 4

To piss everyone off I will say this:

Solo is the best of the new Star Wars movies. 

Ok, not quite true, Rouge One was the best. But to me its pretty clearly Rogue One, then Solo, then a huge gap, then a bigger gap, then a black hole sized gap, then then TFA then a galaxy sized gap, then a Donald Trumps FUPA sized gap, then TLJ. 

4 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ok, not quite true, Rouge One was the best. But to me its pretty clearly Rogue One, then Solo, then a huge gap, then a bigger gap, then a black hole sized gap, then then TFA then a galaxy sized gap, then a Donald Trumps FUPA sized gap, then TLJ. 

Got an actual lol out of me, kudos.

5 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Oddly enough, I enjoyed Solo more than expected but I’d still have TFA ahead of it in terms of the Disney made SW movies. Rogue One is by far one of my favorites out of all the SW movies.