(Poll) Win-Loss Predictions

Mind Character

How many wins do we finish with?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do we finish with?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 04:25 AM

Beyond voting in the poll, if you have the time please post specifying the win versus loss games.

--------------------------------

i7LasqO.png

---------------

---------------

Typed Schedule for Win-Loss Predicitons

Week 1 --  Titans

Week 2 --  at Jets

Week 3 -- Rams

Week 4 -- at Ravens

Week 5 -- at 49ers

Week 6 -- Seahawks

Week 7 -- Bye

Week 8 -- at Patriots

Week 9 -- at Broncos

Week 10 -- Buffalo

Week 11 -- Steelers

Week 12 -- Dolphins

Week 13 -- at Steelers

Week 14 -- Bengals

Week 15 -- at Cardinals

Week 16 -- Ravens

Week 17 -- at Bengals

Edited by Mind Character

My Win-Loss Predictions ...

If we can stay relatively healthy at key positions, I have us winning 12 to 13 games with 12 being the likeliest number. Teams battle through focus issues, injuries, complacency, and/or the opponent's coaches just having our teams/coaches number a particular week. Therefore, as much as it matters to compare talent and predict a win-loss, it matters to project how those other factors may play in during the schedule.

---------------------------------------------

Week 1 --  Titans = Win

Week 2 --  at Jets = Toss-Up, Leaning Close Loss (Key lesson and humbling experience for the season to let our team know that we haven't arrived yet; they rebound in impression fashion but something was off this game; the drafting of Quinnen Williams and signing of CJ Mosley to go with Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, rising star Avery Williamson, a revitalized Trumaine Johnson in Gregg Williams defense; breakout player after 7 sacks Jordan Jenkins OLB; DE Henry Anderson/rising sophomore Nathan Shepherd; the Jets hit on one of there two 34OLB selections in the draft in the 4th round and 5th round with Derick Roberson, 34OLB Sam Houston St. or Oshane Ximines, 34OLB ODU; and success drafting a CB that starts in the draft proves difficult match-up w/ Gregg dialed by chance this game in prime time. Le'veon Bell has a big game w/ Robby Anderson getting behind Morgan Burnett for a few big plays. Our team just comes out sloppy. Adam Gase and Darnold are in sync. Turns out to be their best game all year as an impressive one-off when the season is all said and done. Our offense just isn't connecting. Bad penalties on a final defensive drive stand cost us the game with the Jets winning by field goal. Of course, I could easily see this being a big win for the Brownies as well, but right now I see this as one of those bad games with the experience benefiting our still young team in the long run.

Week 3 -- Rams = Win

Week 4 -- at Ravens = Win

Week 5 -- at 49ers = Win

Week 6 -- Seahawks = Win

Week 7 -- Bye

Week 8 -- at Patriots = Loss, One of the best, nail-biting games of the year ... both teams play well ... we lose by a field goal due to poor execution in the final minutes of the game.

Week 9 -- at Broncos = Win

Week 10 -- Buffalo = Win

Week 11 -- Steelers = Win

Week 12 -- Dolphins = Win

Week 13 -- at Steelers = Loss

Week 14 -- Bengals = Win

Week 15 -- at Cardinals = Win

Week 16 -- Ravens = Toss Up, Highly Competitive Game Where Ravens Believe They Can Be Spoilers for our Playoff Position, Leaning toward Win

Week 17 -- at Bengals = Toss Up, Leaning toward Loss ... we rest our 1st team, having secured a playoff spot and the Bengals edge out a win over our second team.

Edited by Mind Character

30 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Something about 10-6 just feels right. 3-3 before the bye while the rust comes off and the new coaches work their magic and a late season explosion makes sense to me. 

Agreed. Barring any major key injuries, 10-11 wins sounds about right. I believe we're capable of winning any of those games before the bye, but all of those teams should be solid at worst. Tennessee is tough, the Jets should be improved, and even San Francisco could be tough depending on how well they play with Jimmy G. And obviously LA, Seattle and Baltimore will be very tough games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Less than 12 is a bust of a year if Baker is healthy for 16. 

Age championship is the minimum for the post season. 

If you offered me 11 wins, or even 10 right now I'd take it without hesitation. If our offense it top 3 then yeah, we probably should win 12. If they are like the 6-10th best, then we'd need the defense to help us get to that number and I have no idea what to expect there yet. I'd be disappointed with less than 8 wins but 9 would be okay by me.  That's good progress. 16-0 would also work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If you offered me 11 wins, or even 10 right now I'd take it without hesitation. If our offense it top 3 then yeah, we probably should win 12. If they are like the 6-10th best, then we'd need the defense to help us get to that number and I have no idea what to expect there yet. I'd be disappointed with less than 8 wins but 9 would be okay by me.  That's good progress. 16-0 would also work.

I agree ... the one thing I have no clue about is how many wins will it take to secure a spot in the playoffs???

Will 10 wins be enough?

I guess a lot has to do with the uncertainty regarding how good the Steelers can be without AB and Lev Bell. WIll they still be dominant and edge us out for the AFC North title?

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We have a super roster imo, especially on offense, rarely are teams this talented. 

I agree I am hesitant about our defense, bu they should be top 15, boosted by our offense it should be top 10. 

Our offense should be top 3 and average 28-30 points per game. 

It could go pear shaped.

I know I sound like a broken record but we have or will have the players to win every game.

Down to the coaching.

I think 3-3 at the bye week is realistic.

With adjustments/improvements in the coaching and Hunt coming in thereafter I think 8-2 out is realistic, baring major injuries.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So, you agree with 3-3 and 8-2 net 11-5, yes?

W ith the new coaching qe couldn have an upward trend. 

I think our offense could start top in theleague and drop to top 10 as it gets cooler. 

Our defense should get better as they get more accustomed to wilks.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

W ith the new coaching qe couldn have an upward trend. 

I think our offense could start top in theleague and drop to top 10 as it gets cooler. 

Our defense should get better as they get more accustomed to wilks.

So it all comes down to Wilks?

• Like 1