(Poll) Win-Loss Predictions

Mind Character

How many wins do we finish with?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do we finish with?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 04:25 AM

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah revenge game for someone who isn't on either team and hasn't been in years. Pretty much describes the feelings about that game, means very little. A win would be good, a loss shouldn't derail the season so we'll just go out there and whatever happens happens. It's week 3 and neither team should be in panic mode. The Bears, Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Lions and now probably the Giants would have better side stories and history than this game.

The question is which team will be favored to win.

Heck no a loss shouldn’t be derailing at all. That roster is way too promising and I could see y’all coming slow for the first 4 games. Also, has kitchens said if any said starters will sit out the preseason? Or will everyone play to accelerate the player chemistry?

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Heck no a loss shouldn’t be derailing at all. That roster is way too promising and I could see y’all coming slow for the first 4 games. Also, has kitchens said if any said starters will sit out the preseason? Or will everyone play to accelerate the player chemistry?

Not worried about it. Baker had 0 first team snaps before coming and and taking care of the Jets already down 2 TD last season. He is a different animal. I think we keep the momentum we had at the end of last season and face the rams at 2-0. I certainly don't see us starting slow, I think we start fast and may need a boost to keep that intensity all the way through the season but I think we have the right guys to do that. I don't think our offense will the the 2018 Chiefs offense but it will be good enough to beat average teams if our defense is just so-so.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Not worried about it. Baker had 0 first team snaps before coming and and taking care of the Jets already down 2 TD last season. He is a different animal. I think we keep the momentum we had at the end of last season and face the rams at 2-0. I certainly don't see us starting slow, I think we start fast and may need a boost to keep that intensity all the way through the season but I think we have the right guys to do that. I don't think our offense will the the 2018 Chiefs offense but it will be good enough to beat average teams if our defense is just so-so.

I’m so curious as to what wade Cooks up for Baker. He’s been so hit or miss with our defense but then again we went thru big time injuries last year. 

I’m more hyped about the Clev game than the NO one tbh. Just wanna see that roster on the field. If im hyped I can’t even imagine what y’all going thru. 

21 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I’m more hyped about the Clev game than the NO one tbh. Just wanna see that roster on the field. If im hyped I can’t even imagine what y’all going thru. 

I think most of us realize that with new coaching across-the-board and a lot of new players out-of-the-gate things might not look as good as they will later in the season.

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think most of us realize that with new coaching across-the-board and a lot of new players out-of-the-gate things might not look as good as they will later in the season.

Richardson and Vernon shouldn't take time to adapt. Baker probably has already thrown more passes to OBJ than he did to Landry before the Jets game so I'm not worried about that. This is Kitchens' offense so I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about stopping the run on defense but it isn't like that will take any adapting we couldn't stop the run last year.

If I had to come up with 100% of my concerns they would probably be 70% defense. 10% injury (mostly to Baker or a multitude of others) 15% offensive line and 5% that Baker's season last year was an aberration somehow. I don't know how it could be, the intelligence, the cool, the accuracy, the arm strength, the leadership and the moxie are all real but a small part of me still believes it's too good to be true, probably a factor of being burned in the past by our QBs. That said, I never had any realistic expectations nearly as high as those I have for Baker so while I hoped others could become a top 10 QB if Baker ends up as a 10th best QB in the league that would be good for the Browns always being relevant but a real disappointment for him specifically as a QB. I think he has to get to and stay a top 5 QB to meet my expectations at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Me, too.

Nothing I have read about Wilks has me doing cartwheels.

Yeah, I stopped reading because it was making me pessimistic. Freddie said you have to be able to adjust your philosophy as a coach to meet your roster and league changes so hopefully that gets instilled in Wilks. Otherwise we'll look for a new DC I'm sure.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Sounds Belichickian!

Yeah, let's hope Wilks gets the message.

It does. He mentioned that most coaches refuse to change and that gives those that do a huge advantage. Paraphrasing but that was the jist of it. Probably the most likable thing I ever heard him say and there have been a lot of refreshing things that he has said. Certainly the anti-Hue and that doesn't automatically make him a great coach but it at least gives him a chance unlike Hue who would "stick to his guns" and especially when it seemed like a terrible idea.

I like that we get 2 weeks to prepare for New England. Obviously that is THE toughest game on the schedule. Pats even get 1 less day to prepare because they play the Jets Monday night before us.

The only thing that sucks is we play in Mile High the next week.

Edited by candyman93

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like that we get 2 weeks to prepare for New England. Obviously that is THE toughest game on the schedule. Pats even get 1 less day to prepare because they play the Jets Monday night before us.

The only thing that sucks is we play in Mile High the next week.

I honestly don't believe New England is the toughest team on the schedule.

The more I watch that team the more I wonder how they are still playing at such a high level.

Brady's deep ball accuracy has impressed me less and less the more I watch.  They are turning into much more of a run heavy team than pass heavy team.  They just lost their best offensive play maker to retirement. They just lost another offensive linemen.  They lost their best pass rusher.  They lost their D-Coordinator.  3/4 of their starting defensive backfield is 31 or older...

I know that I'm supposed to bow at the alter that is Tom Brady, and  I know that they keep proving everyone wrong, but I do not believe they are obviously the toughest game on the schedule.  They are certainly not the most talented team we play against....