2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

So with running backs Davis, Montgomery, and Cohen, I guess it’s appropriate to call ours runningback corps Run DMC 

i stole this joke say hello to your mother for me

Patterson makes it tricky. 

25 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Julian Love

That would make significantly more sense... lol

Yeah, THAT Love is in the mix right now for about 5 guys I've seen still on the board on a quick glance.. there's a safety out there yet, and two edge I'd consider as well.

Beyond those, I'd see what's left at TE and OL as well (haven't had time to deep dive on everyone left yet, went to see Endgame after our pick) 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

I guess it’s time to play the old “tyty used to have cancer” guilt trip card 👏🏻

i know that’s a clap emoji but just imagine it’s a devious mad scientist type rubbing his hands together all deviously and stuff

No "used to's".  Those have been outlawed since 2008.

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

So with running backs Davis, Montgomery, and Cohen, I guess it’s appropriate to call ours runningback corps Run DMC 

i stole this joke say hello to your mother for me

LOL  I suppose they could use a nickname and this one fits.

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

PFF says Bears at 8 wins.  They say regression.  They say taking RB and lack of picks means no future.  

PFF has gone from being an interesting source for metrics to being a mess.  Someone must have bought them and merged them with stupid.

13 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't see either Sanders or Montgomery falling to #87 or us trading up for them.  Both are more the lead back type and I don't think they brought in Davis to be the #2 RB.  Montgomery is a good back but also much like Davis.

Right now I'm looking for Pace to take a lesser back with skills he doesn't have now.  Someone more like Cohen but bigger; Singletary or T Will seem to fit.

I also believe he's now thinking he can get that back in round 4 or 5 and he'll draft a different position in round 3.  CB or TE possibly.

I stand corrected and the more I think about it the more convinced I am now he would not have passed on a shot at Montgomery over any 3rd round TE.

I'm also surprised Singletary went that high although I'm sure Pace and his guys aren't.

To kind of repeat, rinse, and reinforce our 2019 draft it's actually:

Round 1:  Kahlil Mack

Round 2: Anthony Miller

Round 3: David Montgomery

Round 4: ?????

And Pace preceded this with:

Round 1: Roquan Smith

Round 2: James Daniels

Round 4: Iggy

Round 5: Bilal Nichols

Round 6: Kylie Fitts

Round 7: Javon Wims

So far there isn't a single bust among them and all of his previous picks in 2018 made the team and played in regular season games.  That's some pretty awesome team building via the draft plus one "trade of the decade" or maybe even two decades.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

PFF says Bears at 8 wins.  They say regression.  They say taking RB and lack of picks means no future.  

If the Bears have injuries then maybe 8 wins but the Bears really under performed last year as they should have went further. If the RB is good then it should make them better. Maybe someday Pace trading away future picks in every draft will come back to haunt them but not yet.  I see 11 wins from the Bears at least.

Archived