2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

Ronheen Bingham-edge

Isaiah Prince - OT

NDs TE are the 3 guys I'm looking at now, but I admittedly only know about a handful of the remaining guys this late. 

I'd say there's good value on Darwin Thompson-poor man's Cohen or Penny Hart - wr but I legitimately don't think we have any more room for skill position guys offensively. 

Duke Shelley

PROS: Smooth change of direction allows him to match receivers vertically. Stays square to the line of scrimmage and with proper leverage until necessary. Stick man coverage skills vertically. Proper technique. Reacts well in zone coverage, and has the ball skills to compete at the catchpoint and be physical playing the pocket. Gets around around quickly. Click and close ability. Active in run support, plays downhill with some decent physicality. Lowers his shoulder and does a good job maintaining the edge.

CONS:  Undersized. Can occasionally get himself off balance while trying to keep active feet near the line of scrimmage. Does a poor job of wrapping ball carriers despite solid effort, can miss tackles in space. Though he is swift footed, can get himself beat inside with slower reaction to subtle moves by the receiver. Played primarily on one side of the field.

Shelley

A good Pro Day, combined with four years of solid defense at K-State that included 165 tackles and eight interceptions, might be enough to make him a late-round selection.

He said several NFL teams have expressed interest him as a slot corner, and he has interviews with a dozen or so teams lined up in the coming weeks.

His draft prospects are on the rise.

“I can feel it, man,” Shelley said. “It’s just right here. Seeing all the coaches right here has got me hyped and ready to go. It’s a dream come true, something I have been waiting on since I was five years old. Now that it is here I don’t have words for it.”

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I really want Tyree Jackson as a reserve. If he develops he could be a damn good reserve,  has athletic ability like Tru, tools that are seriously worth noting, and may be able to be flipped for a pick later. 

I'm relatively surprised that his college teammate, Anthony Johnson, is still available as well. Last year he was popping up in the first 2 rounds of almost every mock draft.

Archived