2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

They aren't radically different. They both have the same type of game, Calvin is just slightly better in terms of speed, catch radius, route running. Ridley really is a Calvin "light," which is why one was a first rounder and the other was a fourth rounder

I watched him now.  

They are both same in terms of hands and technical route running, but that is where it ends.

Calvin is slight of body, cat quick and fast.   Riley is big bodied, strong and lacks seperation speed. 

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We can still trade for him.

Do you think they’d take Mack straight up, or would Tru need to be included to sweeten the pot? 

Maybe we could orchestrate a 3-way trade: TB sends Gay to SF (that seems appropriate), Bears send Mack, Hicks, Tru, Ditka, and 6 players of TB’s choice, and the Bears get Gould. Chicago would be thrilled. Bears to Super Bowl for sure. 

Pace took two high floor low risk guys with his first two picks this year.  

Interesting.  He could have gone high risk high reward with Warring or Winovich.

He went for guys who could contribute now rather than future depth. 

I think people really over estimate effect of draft on a team.  Two teams of 32 are typically radically changed by a draft in year one and which two are usually not the ones everyone says immediately after the draft. 

All of a sudden people are drastically changing their mind on how teams will do in 2019. 

Looking at you PFF.  Knee jerk over reactions. 

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pace took two high floor low risk guys with his first two picks this year.  

Interesting.  He could have gone high risk high reward with Warring or Winovich.

He went for guys who could contribute now rather than future depth. 

Makes me wonder if he is thinking of really trying to extend Robinson.

Robinson  and Miller on the outside, with Wims backing up both spots

Cohen and Ridley on the slots in various uses and set ups.

That can be a real pain in the *** for defenses.

The cowboys took cornerback Michael Jackson. Excited to see how he dominates these kids coming out of college. 

They also took DE Joe Jackson. He should be able to keep Michael in line and live up to his full potential. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think people really over estimate effect of draft on a team.  Two teams of 32 are typically radically changed by a draft in year one and which two are usually not the ones everyone says immediately after the draft. 

All of a sudden people are drastically changing their mind on how teams will do in 2019. 

Looking at you PFF.  Knee jerk over reactions. 

Not down playing importance of draft.  Just saying most teams don't typically drastically change in first year of a class.  

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Players I'm eyeing in round 6-

Mike Bell, Fresno State

Corey Ballentine, Washburn

Jalen Jelks, Oregon

Kaden Smith, Stanford

Why? We don't pick again until round 7.

Archived