2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

Just now, beardown3231 said:

That'll just about do it for Mizzell's career here and I bet we're all very upset

Indeed... But Montgomery, Davis, Cohen, and Patterson already able to catch and line up in the backfield... Seems like an odd pick since I think Mizzell was already removed entirely from the rotation. 

OK, after looking up the kid I get it a bit more... 4.36 in the 40 with a 42 inch vertical. 5 ft 10 inches at just under 200 lbs... 

Great speed /athleticism and decent size. Obviously consideration for st this late in the draft, but could potentially be another wr/RB hybrid like Cohen /Patterson buried on the depth chart. 

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Indeed... But Montgomery, Davis, Cohen, and Patterson already able to catch and line up in the backfield... Seems like an odd pick since I think Mizzell was already removed entirely from the rotation. 

I don't think CP is going to get as many rushes as well all anticipate and this selection somewhat shows that

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

OK, after looking up the kid I get it a bit more... 4.36 in the 40 with a 42 inch vertical. 5 ft 10 inches at just under 200 lbs... 

Great speed /athleticism and decent size. Obviously consideration for st this late in the draft, but could potentially be another wr/RB hybrid like Cohen /Patterson buried on the depth chart. 

Sources Tell Us

"Singletary gets all the attention, but Whyte is the more explosive of the two and he might end up surprising people." -- Running backs coach for AFC team

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

7[238]-I am looking for Alex Bars at OG. Would have been a mid round pick if he had not gotten injured.

Steal some more value.

Heistand's guy from ND right? I remember that being a projected target of ours... If he isn't a pick, I fully expect him to be a near immediate UDFA acquisition for us, given the Heistand connection.

Just now, dafreak said:

First part of that article is all I needed to know

"You showcased 4.4 speed, and you also put up a 43.5-inch vertical. Those are great numbers for a defensive back that measures in at 6-foot-3, 220 pounds"

6ft 3inch, 220 lb DB who still ran a 4.4 and posted a 43.5 vert?  Yes please.... Hell, let him try out for WR if he wants as well. Hard to complain about a massive upside guy with that late of a pick.

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

First part of that article is all I needed to know

"You showcased 4.4 speed, and you also put up a 43.5-inch vertical. Those are great numbers for a defensive back that measures in at 6-foot-3, 220 pounds"

6ft 3inch, 220 lb DB who still ran a 4.4 and posted a 43.5 vert?  Yes please.... Hell, let him try out for WR if he wants as well. Hard to complain about a massive upside guy with that late of a pick.

He was a WR - moved to CB his senior year

See him as a long term safety project at that size. His athleticism screams ST though. With our WR room looking much more like guys who probably won’t be 4-phase ST guys more of those reps are gonna likely come from DBs. 

Has anyone checked on @WindyCity? Did is not drafting a TE cause him to have the big one??

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

See him as a long term safety project at that size. His athleticism screams ST though. With our WR room looking much more like guys who probably won’t be 4-phase ST guys more of those reps are gonna likely come from DBs. 

Has anyone checked on @WindyCity? Did is not drafting a TE cause him to have the big one??

In all reality, with the drafting of Ridley and signing of Patterson and Hall I wonder if it’s not in the cards that Wims adds 5-10 lb and takes on a move TE role. Could be stellar in that role IMO. It’s really how Burton came to be in that role too - was drafted as a WR. 

Look at the :20 mark and how big he looks in that week 17 game already. His size and speed relative to the  safeties and LB generally covering that position could be a huge weapon. 

Archived