2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

Side note... but looking at all the prospects now for our skill position players... This actually is turning into a potentially really interesting training camp/ preseason.  There's gonna be serious roster battles in a bunch of spots that weren't even necessarily projected to be roster battles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Side note... but looking at all the prospects now for our skill position players... This actually is turning into a potentially really interesting training camp/ preseason.  There's gonna be serious roster battles in a bunch of spots that weren't even necessarily projected to be roster battles.

Agreed. The 3 that come to mind are TE, RB, and WR. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Would love to find a way to get TE Dax Raymond into camp.

We did and I'm a big fan of this kid. Freaking smooth athlete, he's what Adam Shaheen wishes he was

Nice draft.  Pace stuck with proven high floor players in rounds 3 and 4 and got his guys both of whom ranked higher than we got them.  To me Shelley plays like a spitting image of Callahan but with a slimmer build.  Then a couple of highly athletic guys with good upside in 7 right where you get that type.

Shelley = Bryce Callahan, I see a ton similarities.

Whyte = Good Utility Back type and KOR who was hidden behind Singletary

Denmark =  Maybe our future Kam Chancellor at SS.  Big, fast, but raw.  Good project for Pagano.

Bars =  HH guy was almost a given Priority UDFA.  Good size prospect to work up into replacing Long or Massie.

Hall = Who was it who wanted a bigger deep threat.  I see another Kevin White type but then we didn't draft this kid 7th overall.

Dunno much about the rest.

I really liked the draft. I'm glad that Pace isn't going to back down from taking best players by drafting based on needs. It would've been nice to get an OL or Pass Rusher but can't argue with getting more weapons. Last year we were weak at WR so we added A-Rob, Gabriel and drafted Miller. This year we were weak at RB so he decided to make that a position of strength. It's going to be nice to have a stable of 1A-Montgomery and 1B-Cohen with a couple of guys fighting for touches and ready to plug in incase of injuries. This draft stabilized the position for the next 3 years.

I also like the WR pick because the Steelers have shown by drafting a WR every year, if you hit on the pick it makes every miss worth it.

With the departure of Fangio it's clear that the offense needs to carry a bigger load for our team.

36 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Eh...

Well for sure he's gonna be up against far better blocking here even in camp and preseason.  Not all that hard to dominate against blocking as shabby as some of that.  But.....he's got a quick giddy up off the snap and some moves so he's clay someone might be able to model if he sticks around on the PS.

Most of the UDFAs are "camp fodder" and PS guys at best.  If one or two make your roster ya' done good Virgil.  Bars is a guy I can see HH bringing along and Hall is a guy with jets to toss into the mix as future possibility but more likely PS now.  Baron is just one more PK to add to the competition.  Now we have four two of which will make camp.

I'm not familiar with the rest 'til I dig a little.

13 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

With the departure of Fangio it's clear that the offense needs to carry a bigger load for our team.

I don’t think it’s so much that as that it is our defense being 100% set as far as starters and in most cases top depth go where our offensive skill positions had less quality depth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Quick 4.7/40 OLB/Edge Rusher.  Looks like a high motor guy with some decent moves.

Intrigue remains. Looks like he has a decent variety of pass rush moves. High motor is obvious and seems like he has pretty solid instincts in identifying PA and zone read plays. Could see him pushing Fitts and Irving for a role.