2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

What’s up with cole Tracy?  During the senior bowl or combine i remember hearing about him as one of the better kickers in the draft.  A punter got drafted in the 4th round, yet he still remains unsigned 6 hours after the draft.

Can’t imagine he’s on our radar at this point, or that we’re on his with like 37 kickers already in toe here for a competition starting next week. Surprised haven’t seen him sign on somewhere though for sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

During the senior bowl or combine i remember hearing about him as one of the better kickers in the draft.  A punter got drafted in the 4th round, yet he still remains unsigned 6 hours

dude has about 2% leg strength

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well for sure he's gonna be up against far better blocking here even in camp and preseason.  Not all that hard to dominate against blocking as shabby as some of that.  But.....he's got a quick giddy up off the snap and some moves so he's clay someone might be able to model if he sticks around on the PS.

Most of the UDFAs are "camp fodder" and PS guys at best.  If one or two make your roster ya' done good Virgil.  Bars is a guy I can see HH bringing along and Hall is a guy with jets to toss into the mix as future possibility but more likely PS now.  Baron is just one more PK to add to the competition.  Now we have four two of which will make camp.

I'm not familiar with the rest 'til I dig a little.

The first 1:10 of that video was terrible production

We need @WindyCity to roll in here and let us know about the competition level of these Offensive lineman that he was going against

With what we’ve done at WR with now a TON of quality depth and at RB with Montgomery and Davis both having 3-down skills I’m really curious to see how we deploy Cohen. I think we’re going to see someone, and maybe multiple someones, that we expect to be significant pieces in 2019 not getting a ton of reps outside of injury. I don’t expect at all to see Cohen be one of them, but it’s gonna be somebody. It’s certainly a great problem to have.

Coming into this weekend I had Wims pegged as a guy who may be looking at significantly more reps in 2019 and now I’m not even sure he makes the team without a position switch or injuries ahead of him. He’s got 5 locked in guys ahead of him for sure for roster spots in Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley and Patterson, and I don’t think he has Emanuel Hall’s upside. I think they really like Wims too, but there are only so many roster spots they can allocate to the position, and I’m not sure they can get him through to the practice squad. 

10 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The first 1:10 of that video was terrible production

We need @WindyCity to roll in here and let us know about the competition level of these Offensive lineman that he was going against

That might help a bit but from just watching I'd say a lot it looked like HS level stuff played on a much bigger field.

Despite the level of competition his quickness and range stood out to me.  At worst he has enough gas to play ST while being coached up.

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With what we’ve done at WR with now a TON of quality depth and at RB with Montgomery and Davis both having 3-down skills I’m really curious to see how we deploy Cohen. I think we’re going to see someone, and maybe multiple someones, that we expect to be significant pieces in 2019 not getting a ton of reps outside of injury. I don’t expect at all to see Cohen be one of them, but it’s gonna be somebody. It’s certainly a great problem to have.

Coming into this weekend I had Wims pegged as a guy who may be looking at significantly more reps in 2019 and now I’m not even sure he makes the team without a position switch or injuries ahead of him. He’s got 5 locked in guys ahead of him for sure for roster spots in Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley and Patterson, and I don’t think he has Emanuel Hall’s upside. I think they really like Wims too, but there are only so many roster spots they can allocate to the position, and I’m not sure they can get him through to the practice squad. 

I kinda like the thought of moving Wims into a slot TE role as a backup to Burton.  They may list him at 215lbs but he looks thicker than that to me and he has a frame that looks like it could carry 225lbs or a bit more.  He's got very good hands and body control so IMHO you find a way to use him and a "U" type TE may be a good fit for him.

One factor may be can he play on ST?  If so I see a guy we should keep if we can.  He's seems far more advanced as route runner and a guy who can make contested catches than Hall's scouting report claims he is.  Like I posted previously I believe Hall may be another KW type whose gonna need a lot of coaching before he's ready to play.

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m really curious to see how we deploy Cohen

That's hilarious, I was just watching Whyte's highlights and I was thinking ya know... would Nagy think about using Cohen in a "Tyreek Hill" role?

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

Most importantly to me: 6.77 cone

Watching that highlight tape I could see Pagano using him in a manner like he did Adalius Thomas where he has him bringing pressure from all over the formation. 

With that - let’s see him show out against NFL-ish level players at rookie minicamp and then go from there. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

That's hilarious, I was just watching Whyte's highlights and I was thinking ya know... would Nagy think about using Cohen in a "Tyreek Hill" role?

I don't think there is any doubt we will see more of Cohen in that Hill role...if we carry two QBs & eight OL we then have 15 spots for RB/TE/WR/weapons...

RB...Montgomery, Davis, Whyte

TE...Burton, Shaheen, Raymond, Braunecker (H/FB)

WR...Robinson, Miller, Wims, Riley, Hall

Weapon...Cohen, Gabriel, Patterson

If it plays out like that we have a crazy amount of guys who can make plays.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think there is any doubt we will see more of Cohen in that Hill role...if we carry two QBs & eight OL we then have 15 spots for RB/TE/WR/weapons...

RB...Montgomery, Davis, Whyte

TE...Burton, Shaheen, Raymond, Braunecker (H/FB)

WR...Robinson, Miller, Wims, Riley, Hall

Weapon...Cohen, Gabriel, Patterson

If it plays out like that we have a crazy amount of guys who can make plays.

Position: Weapon