2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

In all reality, with the drafting of Ridley and signing of Patterson and Hall I wonder if it’s not in the cards that Wims adds 5-10 lb and takes on a move TE role. Could be stellar in that role IMO. It’s really how Burton came to be in that role too - was drafted as a WR. 

Burton is dead to me.  :)

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

See him as a long term safety project at that size. His athleticism screams ST though. With our WR room looking much more like guys who probably won’t be 4-phase ST guys more of those reps are gonna likely come from DBs. 

Has anyone checked on @WindyCity? Did is not drafting a TE cause him to have the big one??

The value was not there.

I would have been madder passing on a 2nd round value in Ridley to take the remaining TEs.

The 3rd round wiped out the TE talent.

Need to address it in free agency with a guy like Maxx Williams or someone else for depth. The Wims idea is not the worst thing I have heard.

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

In all reality, with the drafting of Ridley and signing of Patterson and Hall I wonder if it’s not in the cards that Wims adds 5-10 lb and takes on a move TE role. Could be stellar in that role IMO. It’s really how Burton came to be in that role too - was drafted as a WR. 

Unless they put Patterson in that move TE/H-Back role, getting him out of the backfield and also matched up on S and LBs

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Need to address it in free agency with a guy like Maxx Williams or someone else for depth. The Wims idea is not the worst thing I have heard.

Right? Especially if it’s strictly as a move guy. We already know he’s good using his body to box out defenders. His speed as a WR is average but as a move TE is top tier, and if he can maintain it at, say, 230 instead of 220 then he could be a ridicullus weapon there. THAT would be a mismatch weapon. 

4 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Unless they put Patterson in that move TE/H-Back role, getting him out of the backfield and also matched up on S and LBs

For 2019 I could see that, but Patterson is in all likelihood a 1-year guy though. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

For 2019 I could see that, but Patterson is in all likelihood a 1-year guy though. 

Exactly what i was thinking. The next year we have Whyte take over KR, and we still have AR12, TG18, AM17, JW83, and Ridley at WR in 2020

10 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

y'all dramatic as hell

I don't think we were told the whole story about Burton and the wild card game. I also don't think the coaching staff trusts him anymore. I've been known to be wrong before though.  :) 

Just now, dafreak said:

I don't think we were told the whole story about Burton and the wild card game. I also don't think the coaching staff trusts him anymore. I've been known to be wrong before though.  :) 

Makes sense. Probably why the team went out and signed a TE in FA and drafted another one

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Funny, time will tell....Something stinks with Burton though.....

I think there is a TON of decency bias in that. Nagy and Pace have shown very clearly that if they see a problem on the roster they attack it with both barrels and yet while everyone who follows the team saw a TE need they did NOTHING at the position besides get rid of Dion Sims’ corpse. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think there is a TON of decency bias in that. Nagy and Pace have shown very clearly that if they see a problem on the roster they attack it with both barrels and yet while everyone who follows the team saw a TE need they did NOTHING at the position besides get rid of Dion Sims’ corpse. 

That's fair but perhaps they feel he is already on the roster. And like I said, I'ver certainly been known to be wrong before.

Archived