Cadmus Non-TMI Mock

Cadmus

I like the aggression but I’m not a fan. If Oliver fell, cool. He’s not the ideal scheme fit though.

I also in general don’t like waiting until pick 4 to address O for various reasons. The D was lower middle teir last year and we spent on it. I could see us going pass rusher early but we aren’t a complete abortion right now. The offense was middle teir and our live is aging and we have questions at playmakers. This is an offensive league (like the final 4 teams last year were top 6 Os). We need to reload a bit. We have a new offensive minded coach. It wouldn’t shock me if we go O with 3 of our top 4 picks. 

6 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I like the aggression but I’m not a fan. If Oliver fell, cool. He’s not the ideal scheme fit though.

I also in general don’t like waiting until pick 4 to address O for various reasons. The D was lower middle teir last year and we spent on it. I could see us going pass rusher early but we aren’t a complete abortion right now. The offense was middle teir and our live is aging and we have questions at playmakers. This is an offensive league (like the final 4 teams last year were top 6 Os). We need to reload a bit. We have a new offensive minded coach. It wouldn’t shock me if we go O with 3 of our top 4 picks. 

Totally agree with the first part of your post, but I would be livid if the emboldened occurred. Wouldn't surprise me either, but...

I just hope this doesn't become a "let's please MLF" draft. We still have a major hole at Safety.

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Totally agree with the first part of your post, but I would be livid if the emboldened occurred. Wouldn't surprise me either, but...

I just hope this doesn't become a "let's please MLF" draft. We still have a major hole at Safety.

Like this.   I know we signed a lot of help for the defense in FA, but I want to finish the cake by putting icing on it.

In all honesty, I don't think there is a draft pick on offense that would come in and start.  Where as on defense.....there would be immediate contributions made. 

Have to hand it to Gute-  No one has any idea which way he's going to go, he has left all options open.  We all have an opinion on what direction we'd like to see, but I don't remember it being this up in the air this close to draft for a long, long time.

Love the early pics and heavy on D. Make this D top 5 again please we have an all world QB we don't need more offeneisve weapons we are ok there. A top 5 D changes everything in GB and takes so much pressure off our HOF qb.

8 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Like this.   I know we signed a lot of help for the defense in FA, but I want to finish the cake by putting icing on it.

In all honesty, I don't think there is a draft pick on offense that would come in and start.  Where as on defense.....there would be immediate contributions made. 

Have to hand it to Gute-  No one has any idea which way he's going to go, he has left all options open.  We all have an opinion on what direction we'd like to see, but I don't remember it being this up in the air this close to draft for a long, long time.

Have to agree totally Dubz I hope 3 of the top 4 pics are D monsters.

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

I definitely would like to see a safety and wouldn't argue against it. It will be interesting to see how the team addresses it. Reading between the lines, them not cutting Tramon makes me think a round 3/4 platoon is most likely

6 hours ago, festiveonion said:

Biggest takeaway is that Shane Ray is still available??
Where have I been

Think it's pretty likely Wilk is brought back honestly. One of the few scenarios I can see GB forgoing that is if we score Big Houston. 
Wouldn't argue either way. Like the trade up too for a new look. 

Honestly any mock we walk away from with Oliver and Adderly is already an A for me. 

Like Miller a lot. Almost put him in my mock. Though I have you to thank for pointing him out.
Really think we go 2 TE in the 3-5 range. Thats my 'not very bold' prediction of the day. 
Knox isn't my favorite there but still a lot to like. Seems like a very fair slot for Oliver.

High on Chuma and Sheldrick for this team. Like the flexibility that comes with a guy who can swing inside but it just doesn't seem necessary.
Like Donnie Lewis for us as well. 

He's had too many injuries (mostly surgeries on that wrist). Nice catch though. 

Not sure who you're talking about for the bold, but I'm interested. 

Thanks for the response. 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My day 3 safeties are Will Harris and Marvell Tell. Though Harris could sneak into round 3.

The lack of ball production by Harris (over a massive number of games) are a reason for pause (IMHO). 

I've got serious questions about Tell's frame, but he's super young so I also think you could do far worse on Day 3. 

I actually like both, but LIS everyone will have their guy(s) on Day 3 at the S position. 

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I don't like trading up to 7 for Ed Oliver. I just don't think he has the length to do what we would be asking of him. I do, however, love the trade down from 30 for all the reasons you listed. I seriously think we will get to 30 tonight and everyone will agree with you unless someone we really like is sliding down the boards. The question there would be "who does Gettleman trade up for?" Other than that, it's an interesting take on what you did here. Realistic IMHO except the Miller pick. I think he can be had Day 3 despite how underrated he is.

Yeah, I'm not going to fight you on Ed Oliver, everyone is fairly set in terms of how they view their players and I can respect that. 

Gettleman trades up for a QB. He seems very set on adding 2 immediate starters, so it wouldn't be a shock to see him trade up to collect the QB that falls in the first (they have a ton of trade ammo) and secure that fifth year option. 

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Would be beyond thrilled with those first 3 selections.

That seems like a sneaky way to tell me you hate the rest. 

I keed. 

I hope we're both happy by the end of the weekend. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

That seems like a sneaky way to tell me you hate the rest. 

I keed. 

I hope we're both happy by the end of the weekend. 

my sneaky way of telling the world I know very little about the top 50 or so guys and little to less of everyone else :)

Archived