2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Because the mock God's say so lol. The perception that mock drafts are gospel is laughable.

No they went for an edge rusher there is a chance that if we took Allen then they could have taken Ferrell at 7 which means it's not  100% he would have been there at 9 we don't know for sure but they were obviously looking for an edge player.

Just now, OG_C2X said:

For me the best thing about the Ferrell pick is its a sign Mayock is leading this draft.

Ferrell that he has the lowest floor and is an immediate contributor. Ferrell is a Mayock guy. I guarantee that. 

Actually seems like the exact opposite to me.  Even Mayock said at the press conference that coaches will always go for need over value.  Just like last year, this seems like us locking in on a position instead of going for value.

Doesnt mean Ferrell wont turn into a good player but its a bad use of a top 5 pick.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

No they went for an edge rusher there is a chance that if we took Allen then they could have taken Ferrell at 7 which means it's not  100% he would have been there at 9 we don't know for sure but they were obviously looking for an edge player.

I'm agreeing with you. All these guys talking about value are basing it on some gurus mock draft, it's meaningless.

4 minutes ago, daineraider said:

It cracks me up that some of you will defend anything this stupid franchise does.  It was bad value, doesn’t mean Ferrell can’t be a good player.  Take the goggles off and look at things objectively.  It wasn’t a good pick at 4.  There was better talent and we reached.  It’s ok to be critical, doesn’t mean we don’t love our team.

Funny how some of you let the media tell you what value is. Go back pre combine.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Funny how some of you let the media tell you what value is. Go back pre combine.

How does that help? Like it or not, combine hype does play a part in value. Because it causes front offices to act irrationally. You play the man, not the cards.

5 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

The most important part of being a GM is understanding value and knowing where you can get certain players.  According to everything I've seen, both before the draft and since we made our pick, we could've gotten Ferrell farther down the board.  I would have much rather gone somewhere else at 4 and then trade up from 24 to get Ferrell. 

Again, none of our decision makers deserve the benefit of the doubt and this reeks of us pre-determining what position we're going to draft just like last year.

The last part i fully agree.

The first part misses a lot of if's: is there a trade available, is Ferrel available at 10? At 15? at 20? Is there a good value trade available when we need to trade up. how high is the staff on Ferrel versus other prospects. etc.

Archived