49ers draft Nick Bosa at 2

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

With no offense meant, none of this makes sense to me. Just because something isn't agreed to doesn't mean anything is in dispute,  and I am skeptical that if something could have happened, that means it would have. We have plenty of evidence to suggest this is normal for this regime and that we haven't had any problems previously. I think Solomon Thomas missed half a practice and that was the worst case. There have been no reports that I have seen that have suggested that this will be a long process or to expect a holdout of any kind. And even the previous Bosa holdout means little to me right now when Deebo also remains unsigned. Whatever the reason is that we take longer than others for our top picks to sign, that I don't know. But until there's a defined problem, this seems akin to spending all night worrying about whether or not the sun is going to come up the next day. History suggests it will happen, and it might be worth trusting that history rather than worrying about something that ultimately won't be a problem in the end.

To help you out, you nor I know why it has taken so long with our past picks, and no search I have conducted has turned up any reasons either. If there was an actual problem, I am sure one of our beat writers would have reported on it. Because they haven't, it seems like a lot of non-stories.

Besides- money is never the issue in this CBA, and sadly Paraag has had a lot of practice with getting top 10 draft pick contracts finished. Certainly, he will know what he has to concede in these talks to get the job done. 

I get what you are saying, I really do. This does seem like SOP for our FO, and as of right now neither bosa nor Deebo have missed any PT (injuries not withstanding), so lets not make this more than it is (right now). 

Here is the thing that gives me pause though, we all have read recently how certain agents are saying that they would never have their clients sign here, because the way we structure things and some of the language we use is too team friendly. You yourself even commented on this the other day. When you hear that, and then our first two picks haven't signed (who both have the same agent btw), to me, that says that they are haggling over something. 

As I said before, if they weren't haggling over something, then both contracts would most likely have been signed by now, as there would be zero reason to wait. These guys have been waiting their entire lives to get paid, and if the agreement was already a done deal, the ink would be dry already. There has been no ink yet, which means there is something that they haven't agreed on. That doesn't mean they wont agree or that they cant make a deal. 

You are right, we haven't heard anything publicly about what exactly has taken so long for any of our previous picks. None of those guys held out long enough to make it a story. I am sure that if Bosa sits out for a week or two, that something will come out as to the details of the negotiations, because at that point it is a national story considering who is involved. Something will leak from one side or the other, at some point, if there is a hold out.  

I don't really want to speculate on what it is, maybe this is just how paraag does things, he asks for something ridiculous early on that no one with a good agent would accept, then the day of camp he comes to them with more favorable language, which is the language he wanted all along, but now the player/agent is under more pressure to accept it and not make amendments to it, and it seems like we made concessions to them and that they have 'won' when in reality the whole time this was how we wanted it. That is very possible and would be supported by the other guys you mentioned who signed the day of camp. 

Im not even saying that any of this is a bad thing either, I want a FO that negotiates and works team friendly deals. I am just curious as to what exactly is the hold up, and am hoping for the best thing for this team. Hopefully that makes sense

GO NINERS

We just placed Bowman on the retired list and release John Brown which means we have spots for both Bosa and Samuel on the roster now. I think if the team anticipated Bosa, or Samuel for that matter, holding out into camp they’d have that spot filled and would release someone when a deal was made.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Right on que: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/agent-goes-on-record-to-criticize-49ers-bullsh-t-contract-structure/amp/ 

I don't think rolling guarantees are ever part of rookie deals though, so this probably isn't the reason I am looking for.

Yeah I read this early this morning. This really only applies to FA/Veterans imo. Honestly, good for us. If we can sign players to low risk deals I’m all for it. People still keep signing here, so it must not be so terrible. 

38 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah I read this early this morning. This really only applies to FA/Veterans imo. Honestly, good for us. If we can sign players to low risk deals I’m all for it. People still keep signing here, so it must not be so terrible. 

Yeah, I said it most likely doesn't apply to rookie deals. 

We've talked about it here a lot, we have flexibility in future years but we pay for it by overpaying players 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Right on que: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/agent-goes-on-record-to-criticize-49ers-bullsh-t-contract-structure/amp/ 

I don't think rolling guarantees are ever part of rookie deals though, so this probably isn't the reason I am looking for.

This isn't right on queue. This is Pro Football Talk being late to the party and reporting on something already discussed a week ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Not to beat a dead horse but deebo and bosa are one of only 4 draft picks in the entire draft not to be signed. 

Bosa, QW, Brian burns, and Samuel. That's it. 

So let's not pretend this is normal 

nor·mal
/ˈnôrməl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

If this is exactly what has happened for every year in the Shanahan/Lynch regime (it is), then it fits the exact definition of normal.

If you don't think it's a bad thing, why are you so obsessed with it? Take a chill pill and relax for a bit. 

You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. You don't know if the front office chose to focus on other things (maybe like their franchise player for one) where dollars are actually a part of the negotiations. You don't know if maybe they have been working on an extension for someone and focused on that instead. And - not to beat a dead horse - practices haven't started yet. None of this matters. 

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

If you don't think it's a bad thing, why are you so obsessed with it? Take a chill pill and relax for a bit. 

You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. You don't know if the front office chose to focus on other things (maybe like their franchise player for one) where dollars are actually a part of the negotiations. You don't know if maybe they have been working on an extension for someone and focused on that instead. And - not to beat a dead horse - practices haven't started yet. None of this matters. 

Tone is hard to convey over the internet. I am chillllllin right now. No freak out on my end whatsoever. I have just said:

1) It would be better to have them both in camp

2) There is obviously some reason they are unsigned 

3) There has been no downside to having them unsigned as of yet, because they haven't missed a single moment of camp

I am just wondering what the haggling is about, because its July and there is nothing else to talk about lol