2019 1.15 (15) Washington Redskins select QB Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

Woz

13 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Looking at the division qbs going into the future. I like this pick. Think he can be as good as Carson and better than Jones and Dak.

Now if he only had someone to throw too.

I think he's got a lot of potential as a big, strong passer who may not be overly athletic but he can move around a little in the pocket and elude/run over smaller defenders like Big Ben and Carson Palmer did as younger QBs. He compares favorably to them or I think he can have a career like Warren Moon. I have no idea why some hate him. Not giving him a chance is unconscionable to me. But hey, some ppl do that w/ every QB we acquire.

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Just stop talking please. 

This whole thing is funny. You obviously haven’t been a part of this forum long enough to realize that many of us here have been part of a family that have suffered for a long time. Until we are proven otherwise, we have our right to be pessimistic and cautious. Your callous retorts won’t change that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he's got a lot of potential as a big, strong passer who may not be overly athletic but he can move around a little in the pocket and elude/run over smaller defenders like Big Ben and Carson Palmer did as younger QBs. He compares favorably to them or I think he can have a career like Warren Moon. I have no idea why some hate him. Not giving him a chance is unconscionable to me. But hey, some ppl do that w/ every QB we acquire.

I think the points have been made across the media and these boards. It is what it is. We didn’t move up to get him. That’s great. We’ll see what happens. I was never overly impressed with him at OSU for the next level. It is what it is. 

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This whole thing is funny. You obviously haven’t been a part of this forum long enough to realize that many of us here have been part of a family that have suffered for a long time. Until we are proven otherwise, we have our right to be pessimistic and cautious. Your callous retorts won’t change that

I want to like this post, but I don't like this post. It hurts too much. :D

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think the points have been made across the media and these boards. It is what it is. We didn’t move up to get him. That’s great. We’ll see what happens. I was never overly impressed with him at OSU for the next level. It is what it is. 

Weird thing: Haskins is the first Big Ten QB taken in the first round since Kerry Collins in 1995. I don't know what that means.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You guys can continue to be negative about things that have yet to happen, I won't. I just won't respond since its rules here. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

You guys can continue to be negative about things that have yet to happen, I won't. I just won't respond since its rules here. 

And you can continue to be positive about things that have yet to happen. You can also respond. All within your rights. 

I at least like that he is a passer and not a gimmick QB.I am the biggest trade back guy in the forum.We all new who the pick was when we were on the clock.Didnt trade up is a plus.Warner said good things about his skills and mentioned a QB with a lack of mobility can be a winner.I will wait and see how he looks in real games before I run out and get a jersey lol

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Plus if the offense can PRODUCE more than 17.6 points a game! 

Dude we all want the offense to play better as much as you do.We also want the defense to improve.Both need to happen for the win total to improve.We need Oline and WRs to stay healthy.A couple of quality players on day 2 could help that.Bring Guice in to the equation to go with this years picks and you have a chance to improve our point totals

All I know is for this team to stay patient and get their guy 3 years in a row great!!!! To then trade back up and select the guy you could have Considered a steal too at 15 which both players play very very important positions. I don’t get overly excited anymore but if I’m drafting the picks I was completely okay with these picks!!! Haskins was my second highest rated QB and he was the guy I had my big game moment grade on!!! Played out of his mind in the biggest moment. That’s my most important grade for a QB. I had that trait on Russell and Watson!! Just off head. Some classes don’t have a QB with that trait. I’m happy we have a player that can elevate. Not let’s get a OG and keep his pocket clean

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

And you can continue to be positive about things that have yet to happen. You can also respond. All within your rights. 

This reminds me so much of last off-season lmao. The Alex Smith crew came out in full force. 

38 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You can respond all you like. No one is telling you that you cant.

We're telling you the WAY you're responding (by attacking people and not the arguments) isnt gonna work.

We set wide boundaries. But if you stray to close or go over, we have to step in and gently nudge you. Which we have done.