2019 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

52 minutes ago, boratt said:

Blake Martinez is just good enough at pass coverage and he’s great at run defense. 

Would be nice to have the greatest LB who’s ever played next to him, but in a world where you only have rounds 2-7 to choose a player, I’m gonna want a great pass defender who’s just good enough in run defense to pair with Martinez. 

Drue Tranquill and Cody Barton are two guys that I believe will be perfect fits next to Martinez in our defense. 

Im hoping for one of these two guys.

The Burks pick is one of the only Gute moves that really has me long term bummed out, because I think we’re going to give him another year or two to take that job and I just don’t see it happening. Meanwhile, we’re passing on that position until we’re sure he’s failed. I hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

The Burks pick is one of the only Gute moves that really has me long term bummed out, because I think we’re going to give him another year or two to take that job and I just don’t see it happening. Meanwhile, we’re passing on that position until we’re sure he’s failed. I hope I’m wrong. 

Who do you take instead this draft? I dont see the lean.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Who do you take instead this draft? I dont see the lean.

The kinds of guys borat mentioned in his post. I just was not a fan of burks at all in that draft and do not see it panning out. At the time, I felt it was the biggest reach I may have seen in the TT/Gute era. I saw him as a 7th/UDFA type. I know a lot of others were higher on him and I’m just some joker, but I thought he couldn’t tackle worth a crap and that if you don’t have that, your speed will only get you so far. I don’t know how you protect a guy like that on defense 

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

The kinds of guys borat mentioned in his post. I just was not a fan of burks at all in that draft and do not see it panning out. At the time, I felt it was the biggest reach I may have seen in the TT/Gute era. I saw him as a 7th/UDFA type. I know a lot of others were higher on him and I’m just some joker, but I thought he couldn’t tackle worth a crap and that if you don’t have that, your speed will only get you so far. I don’t know how you protect a guy like that on defense 

Oh I see. I dont think Oren stops you from shooting a shot on a Barton. I'm not the biggest Burks guy either, especially after not resigning Morrison.

Well...I’m absolutely stoked with how things have gone these last number of months.

IMO, There were 3 huge issues on this team last year:

-Archaic Offensive Scheme

-Safety Play

-Edge Defense

We have attacked all three of those areas more than I could have hoped. We also have gotten Cole Madison, Billy Turner, and young Siragusa to help add depth to our Oline unit.

We still have 6 picks in the draft and enough money to sign one or two cheap depth guys after the draft.

In no particular order, I’d like to add a young TE with receiving upside. A smallish quick twitch WR/RB type, A developmental Tackle Prospect, & Depth bodies at Corner & RB.

With the 12th pick tomorrow there is gonna be legit players available and the possibility to move back to recoup one of the midrounders we traded away for Savage.

What would you rather do at 2.12:

-draft Irv Smith

-draft Deebo

-draft Byron Murphy

-trade back a bit to gain a midround pick

4 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Well...I’m absolutely stoked with how things have gone these last number of months.

-Safety Play

-Edge Defense

We have attacked all three of those areas more than I could have hoped. We also have gotten Cole Madison, Billy Turner, and young Siragusa to help add depth to our Oline unit.

We still have 6 picks in the draft and enough money to sign one or two cheap depth guys after the draft.

In no particular order, I’d like to add a young TE with receiving upside. A smallish quick twitch WR/RB type, A developmental Tackle Prospect, & Depth bodies at Corner & RB.

With the 12th pick tomorrow there is gonna be legit available and the possibility to move back to recoup one of the midrounders we traded away for Savage.

What would you rather do at 12:

-draft Irv Smith

-draft Deebo

-draft Byron Murphy

Deebo,  slot and return guy, we have to cut Davis asap

10 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

-draft Irv Smith

-draft Deebo

-draft Byron Murphy

Murphy. There's a pile of quality WRs in the middle rounds. Im confident we can get a good one at 75.

Although the trade back is tempting. It'd be nice to have a 4th rounder

Just now, smetana34 said:

Murphy. There's a pile of quality WRs in the middle rounds. Im confident we can get a good one at 75.

Although the trade back is tempting. It'd be nice to have a 4th rounder

I’m down for this as well.

18 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

-Safety Play

-Edge Defense

With the 12th pick tomorrow there is gonna be legit players available and the possibility to move back to recoup one of the midrounders we traded away for Savage.

What would you rather do at 2.12:

-draft Irv Smith

-draft Deebo

-draft Byron Murphy

I'm going to view Gary as IDL rusher. So my top priorities for the rest of this draft in order:

(1) EDGE3 as Fackrell upgrade

(2) TE2

(3) SLOT WR

(4) OT depth

(5) EDGE4

(6) SAF3

(7) RB2

(8) CB depth

If we get another EDGE (Wino, Miller, Polite, Nelson) and a pass-catcher tomorrow I'll be pretty stoked. Both those positions have really good depth tomorrow and we have needs there.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm going to view Gary as IDL rusher. So my top priorities for the rest of this draft in order:

(1) EDGE3 as Fackrell upgrade

(2) TE2

(3) SLOT WR

(4) OT depth

(5) EDGE4

(6) SAF2

(7) RB2

(8) CB depth

If we get another EDGE and a pass-catcher tomorrow I'll be pretty stoked. Both those positions have really good depth tomorrow and we have needs there.

There’s still an Edge or two I really like, and a trade down from 44, to nab Jachai would absolutely tickle my fancy. I agree that Gary has long term IDL upside.

Some guys I think fit what the Packers are trying to do

Eric McCoy G/C fits zone. Reliable. Good 
Julian Love CB smart. Athletic enough. Makes plays
Cody Barton ILB plus pass defense. Solid run d. Good fit for Martinez 
Drue Tranquill ILB same as Barton
Juan Thornhill FS similar to Savage but not as smart 
JJ Arcega Whiteside WR Savvy, solid
Dawson Knox TE - plus blocker. Plus athlete. Underutilized 
Nate Davis OG - excellent second level blocker. Good zone fit
Jarrett Stidham QB Late round - Gritty, tough, good enough arm
Easton stick QB Late round - gamer 
Damien Harris RB 3rd or later - good vision and long speed. Ryan Grant zon type