2019 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

If we don't go EDGE in the next few rounds...I wouldn't be surprised to see one late. 

Jesse Aniebonam, Darryl Johnson or Jamell Garcia-Williams could all make sense in that final round. 

I think we now have the luxury of drafting an edge to develope or perhaps take a risky player like Ferguson.

Just now, Reaper said:

I think we now have the luxury of drafting an edge to develope or perhaps take a risky player like Ferguson.

Fair. 

The reason I mentioned those three as late round targets has to be with potential untapped upside. 

One of them is still trying to get back to full speed from injury and the other two haven't grown fully into those frames yet. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Genuine question. Is Sternberer at 44 high from what most have been saying? I'm not saying that matters. I'm just thinking IDK if I saw him second round much?

That's a bit high for my taste, but a small trade back and it wouldn't be the end of the world.  We're starting to get into the TEs of choice range.  Not sure there's anyone after Irv Smith whose separated themselves.  My guess is either Sternberger or Warring will be our 3rd round pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's a bit high for my taste, but a small trade back and it wouldn't be the end of the world.  We're starting to get into the TEs of choice range.  Not sure there's anyone after Irv Smith whose separated themselves.  My guess is either Sternberger or Warring will be our 3rd round pick.

This is my hope for the 3rd too. Trade back in the 2nd to net a 4th and pick Mercole Hardman with our 2nd rounder. Infuse the offense with the same speed the defense is getting has to be on Gute’s radar. 12 salivates.....

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Would be a good way to kick things off tonight. If somehow Metcalf, Brown, Butler or Samuel survive to 44, I'm running to the podium.

There's going to be at least 1 good WR still available at 44.  There's just enough talent right there.

3 minutes ago, GWH87 said:

This is my hope for the 3rd too. Trade back in the 2nd to net a 4th and pick Mercole Hardman with our 2nd rounder. Infuse the offense with the same speed the defense is getting has to be on Gute’s radar. 12 salivates.....

I expect at least one trade down today, probably move from 44 to late 40s, early 50s.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

There's going to be at least 1 good WR still available at 44.  There's just enough talent right there.

Definitely agree with you here. I am thining we are going to see a run on DB or OL at the top of the 2nd.

Just now, Reaper said:

Definitely agree with you here. I am thining we are going to see a run on DB or OL at the top of the 2nd.

Yeah.  There is going to be a ton of skill positions taken at the top of this round IMO.  You're going to see Ford and Risner go probably in the first 10 picks.  We only had one CB go on Day 1.  That few of corners haven't been drafted in the first round in the last 20 years.

Some Rich Hill Trade down options:

w/ CLE: 49 (118) and 119 (23) = 141 for 44 (135) and 194 (4) = 139

w/ TEN: 51 and 121 for 44

w/ HOU: 54 and 86 for 44 and 150

w/ SEA: 92 and 124 for 75 (this actually seems pretty likely. SEA has a gap from 37 to 92 and now 4 picks from 114-132).

Archived