2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wasn't he all in on Kizer and Moore? In AG's mind Kizer to Moore was going to take us to the Super Bowl. LOL. And he thinks Gary is a bust, or am I wrong?

Don't recall, but I'm almost certain AG was not all in on either of those two.  Just does not seem like him. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't read his posts, but I read other's responses. So I'm inferring from reading other's responses. I could be way off.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Like I said above, I'm only inferring from people's responses to him. I could be wrong. 

So you state you are not reading his posts, yet feel comfortable in making an assumption on his stance on 2 other players?

Classic

27 minutes ago, snackattack said:

The best thing about next week is that we can stop talking about this one gary play

Nah, there will be those of us who will actually be talking THIS WEEK about the best performance by the defense in about forever in the lead up to the game with the Vikes.

Some may get excited discussing how good Jaire looked in coverage.

Or maybe we'll talk about how the Smiths both played OLBer better than it has been played in years in Green Bay.

Some may focus on how it did not seem that Bear receivers were wide open all night, especially in the middle of the field.

Others may note how Kevin King looked pretty good after being out for a month with his hammy, his first NFL game did not appear to be too big for Darnell Savage, Martinez is the glue that keeps the D together as the only viable ILB (and how big play Blake came up with another sack), Amos looked like a solid presence at safety before he made the glorious pick in the endzone, or a host of other story lines.

There are so, so many positive topics to discuss about that Packer defensive performance (including, other than his 3-man rush call, the defensive coordinator's role in that performance) that dwelling incessantly on Rashan Gary's 6-play (and highly-rated by PFF) performance would make no sense unless folks were for some reason displeased by the outcome in Chicago and wanted to deflect and detract from that performance.

Besides Packer fans should all know by now that if a Packer 1st round defensive pick like Gary gets fewer than 10 snaps in his debut he is definitely destined to be a bust because we have all the evidence we need from 2016 when that year's 1st round pick played just 9 snaps in that season opener. :D

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Your opinions are not facts. 

Bulaga is not better than Bakhtiari.

With this Gary debate, you say that everyone in the NFL makes that play and fractions of a second doesn’t matter. 

Fractions of a second can most certainly change a play. I’m not the biggest PFF fan but they gave Gary two pressures.

Just because you say something doesn’t mean it’s a fact, regardless of how many followers you have on this board. 

Never said they were facts.

Never said Bulaga is better than Bakhtiari. Merely pointing out that it's been 5 games since the player many consider to be the best tackle in the league outplayed a guy that many are trying to get rid of next year, or think is going to resign for 2/12. 

The Bears blew a stunt. That's all it was. Gary could have been Fackrell, could have been Clay Matthews, could've been Shea McClellin. Could have been Vic So'oto there is nothing that he did in that play that a replacement level edge rusher isn't doing.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never said they were facts.

Never said Bulaga is better than Bakhtiari. Merely pointing out that it's been 5 games since the player many consider to be the best tackle in the league outplayed a guy that many are trying to get rid of next year, or think is going to resign for 2/12. 

The Bears blew a stunt. That's all it was. Gary could have been Fackrell, could have been Clay Matthews, could've been Shea McClellin. Could have been Vic So'oto there is nothing that he did in that play that a replacement level edge rusher isn't doing.

I think you’re being incredibly dishonest. 

How many games in a row does Bulaga have to be better than Bakhtiari before we pose the question who's better?” 

That insinuates much much more than what you just said. You don’t have to explicitly say things to have the same meaning. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wasn't he all in on Kizer and Moore? In AG's mind Kizer to Moore was going to take us to the Super Bowl. LOL. And he thinks Gary is a bust, or am I wrong?

Where have I ever written that Gary is a bust? It has never once occurred. I don't think Gary is going to be a bust. I think there are fundamental problems to Gary's game right now that need to be fixed before he has a hope of becoming a good NFL player. Those are not remotely the same things. 

However,

Because I had to dig some of this stuff up: 

On 4/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Done mind the player.

Really don't like person

Somebody liked the pick though:

On 4/28/2018 at 2:01 PM, Donzo said:

Was that the issue?... It's been discussed by the talking heads there was some issue with his 40... Like you mentioned, watching him in a game and he's fast.

On 4/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, Donzo said:

His 3C time highlights athletic ability, he's very agile.

On 4/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, Donzo said:

There ya go...

The guy ran past SEC DB's.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:29 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I really hate this trade. 

Just traded our best CB for a QB with:

An 0-15 record as a starter

A sub 55% completion percentage (32/32 qulifiers)

A 1:2 TD:INT ratio (50/50 qualifiers)

A TD% of 2.3% (30/32 qualifiers)

A 6.1 Y/A (29/32 qualifiers)

Edited by AlexGreen#20

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think you’re being incredibly dishonest. 

How many games in a row does Bulaga have to be better than Bakhtiari before we pose the question who's better?” 

That insinuates much much more than what you just said. You don’t have to explicitly say things to have the same meaning. 

Does it? I feel like you're inferring things that you want to infer. If Bulaga outplays Bakhtiari for 12 of 16 games, isn't that a question worth posing?

It's not a cut on Bakhtiari who remains rock solid, merely pointing out that Bulaga has been a half step better over the last 33% of a season. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Does it? I feel like you're inferring things that you want to infer. If Bulaga outplays Bakhtiari for 12 of 16 games, isn't that a question worth posing?

It's not a cut on Bakhtiari who remains rock solid, merely pointing out that Bulaga has been a half step better over the last 33% of a season. 

Well then you argue against my All Pro argument which also tells me it’s more than a slight comment . 

I can say that a certain old, overweight, orange fella says vile stuff about people who don’t look like him. Everyone knows what and who I’m talking about but I’m not explicitly saying it, meaning I can pivot from it and have the slightest ounce of plausible deniability.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Others may note how Kevin King looked pretty good after being out for a month with his hammy, his first NFL game did not appear to be too big for Darnell Savage, Martinez is the glue that keeps the D together as the only viable ILB (and how big play Blake came up with another sack), Amos looked like a solid presence at safety before he made the glorious pick in the endzone, or a host of other story lines.

As King gets healthier and his snap count increases, who do you think is coming off the field? I really don't think it will be Tramon, at least in the early season.  Raven Greene played really well against the Bears.  Tony Brown had a clean game against the Bears, his problem as a rookie was penalties.  And what does this log-jam do for Josh Jackson and Ka'dar Hollman?