#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Refs should be able to give players techs for diving. Basing an entire offense around flailing for contact and wearing officials down through whining so you get calls you don't deserve should merit harsher punishments, not a reward.

They did that like 10 years ago maybe? Basically it lasted for a month or so and they went back to not doing it.

Just generally speaking, there needs to be massive overhaul of the way the game is officiated, and they need concentrate on making the refs jobs easier not harder, because IMO the refs are too often guessing on plays because they are expected to call the game a certain way. All they've done so far is just allow for more things to be reviewable, which is fine I guess, but it also messes with the viewing experience. This is a discussion we've been having for like 2 decades now, and they flare up after an especially bad major game, so until ratings suffer it doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

They did that like 10 years ago maybe? Basically it lasted for a month or so and they went back to not doing it.

Just generally speaking, there needs to be massive overhaul of the way the game is officiated, and they need concentrate on making the refs jobs easier not harder, because IMO the refs are too often guessing on plays because they are expected to call the game a certain way. All they've done so far is just allow for more things to be reviewable, which is fine I guess, but it also messes with the viewing experience. This is a discussion we've been having for like 2 decades now, and they flare up after an especially bad major game, so until ratings suffer it doesn't matter.

That's fine. They don't need to do it all year, but there just straight up can't be offenses predicated on manipulating officiating. It's bad for basketball, full stop.

No one is expecting refereeing that is perfect, but this should be set up in a way that errs on the side of punishing people like Harden who fundamentally play dishonest basketball.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's fine. They don't need to do it all year, but there just straight up can't be offenses predicated on manipulating officiating. It's bad for basketball, full stop.

No one is expecting refereeing that is perfect, but this should be set up in a way that errs on the side of punishing people like Harden who fundamentally play dishonest basketball.

Well that's what I mean by there needs to be an overhaul of the way the game is officiated. They need to allow more contact and only call the violations that affect the plays. It'll be hard to act out fouls when the players are allowed to play. If you just called a questionable touch foul on one end and now the other team's player flailed his arms...do you feel like something happened there and you need to stay consistent? Either way I can't see anyway the refs aren't purely guessing on like half of these calls (charging or block collision, hang checks 40 feet from the rim, contact around the rim, etc). No need to guess, just let them play, the really egregious violations are much easier to see.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I said we, meaning the general public and media etc..

A lot of people already do. LeBron is no longer a consensus #1. Some people still consider him #1, but it's not nearly as many as it was coming into the season.

The other issue is there's no clear successor. I don't think Durant is the best player. He's better than LeBron, but I think Giannis and Curry are better.

Archived