> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

Question to you guys regarding Jefferson...maybe I'm preparing myself for him being the pick. 

I see Jefferson playing a lot outside in 2018... perhaps he was used primarily in the slot this past year because he was the best of the WRs they had that could. Just a thought. 

Michael Thomas does a lot of his work in the slot I'm not going to knock a guy who can perform there and outside at a high level. 

Edited by nlesthought
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I've been listening to way too many podcasts lately so they all kind of blend together but one of them suggested taking KJ Hamler at 21 over Justin Jefferson and that immediately changed my opinion on the whole podcast - was that the Kist and Solak one?

I think they said they would be more behind taking Hamler over Jefferson, but would rather trade back to do that...if I remember correctly. They are one of the few that I’ve heard talk about why Jefferson isn’t the best fit.

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Question to you guys regarding Jefferson...maybe I'm preparing myself for him being the pick. 

I see Jefferson playing a lot outside in 2018... perhaps he was used primarily in the slot this past year because he was the best of the WRs they had that could. Just a thought

He has the ability to, just not where he’s best really. Doesn’t have the burst to get past guys nor the strength to get through guys. That’s really what it comes down to really. Good route-runner, catches the ball well. Will be fine with contact after he catches the ball. He’ll be a solid pro if he goes to the right place. It’s really just a need & skills thing. We’ll have to draft a speed guy still or a better X to win outside. With how much we do 12 personnel, slot receivers should be devalued. You want guys that can do both, but you want an outside guy like Desean who can come inside when you want to do 3-wide.

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think they said they would be more behind taking Hamler over Jefferson, but would rather trade back to do that...if I remember correctly. They are one of the few that I’ve heard talk about why Jefferson isn’t the best fit.

All I got from that episode was that they are all obsessed with speed and I think one of them even acknowledges that. 

Even to mention taking Hamler over Jeffeson is a ridiculous suggestion. 

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

All I got from that episode was that they are all obsessed with speed and I think one of them even acknowledges that. 

Even to mention taking Hamler over Jeffeson is a ridiculous suggestion. 

Yeah it’d be nuts to consider that. 
If I remember right it was a “you almost do this” because of our need for guys who will win outside. Not necessarily putting him up there.

I know Solak has been incredibly high on Hamler because of what he can bring a team. And because that kind of game breaking ability is the rarest thing in this class. 

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I see Jefferson playing a lot outside in 2018... perhaps he was used primarily in the slot this past year because he was the best of the WRs they had that could. Just a thought. 

Michael Thomas does a lot of his work in the slot I'm not going to knock a guy who can perform there and outside at a high level. 

Jefferson fills the same role Zach Ertz does in an offense. Do you need two of those guys? not really.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I've been listening to way too many podcasts lately so they all kind of blend together but one of them suggested taking KJ Hamler at 21 over Justin Jefferson and that immediately changed my opinion on the whole podcast - was that the Kist and Solak one?

Solak has hamler as a top 26 player. Kist has him as a third rounder. So it's not like the show loves him.

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Did anyone mention that Jason La Canfora mentioned the eagles taking terrell lewis in the first? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2020-four-surprising-prospects-who-could-be-picked-in-round-1-despite-a-lack-of-buzz/

He and howie are friends. So thats something to look at.

Injured, not great, huge reach. Checks out 

• Like 1