> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Given what Mims said about Philly I doubt he feels the same way as Aiyuk. 

Eh he went to North Philly I'd imagine if Rhule had them around Temple. Smaller town kid who went to an isolated college town like Waco...it's not surprising. 
I doubt they were hanging out in like super gentrified parts of the city like Fishtown or East Falls/Manayunk the whole time. 
Odd thing to say during this process but was definitely an honest answer.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Eh he went to North Philly I'd imagine if Rhule had them around Temple. Smaller town kid who went to an isolated college town like Waco...it's not surprising. 
I doubt they were hanging out in like super gentrified parts of the city like Fishtown or East Falls/Manayunk the whole time. 
Odd thing to say during this process but was definitely an honest answer.

I certainly app[appreciate the honesty - however, you have to wonder if the big city is too much for him. I really don't know what he was expecting - the area certainly is rough but to come out and say that you were scared or afraid of the location of potential employer is a huge red flag to me. Maybe he's better off in Minnesota or Green Bay. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Lots of last minute aiyuk hype from Caplan dont think I heard it from anyone else. Some say that the guy weidl described the other day sounds like aiyuk but sounded like Reagor to me

This would be so disappointing. Classic Eagles reach pick.

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I certainly app[appreciate the honesty - however, you have to wonder if the big city is too much for him. I really don't know what he was expecting - the area certainly is rough but to come out and say that you were scared or afraid of the location of potential employer is a huge red flag to me. Maybe he's better off in Minnesota or Green Bay. 

maybe yeah, I'm sure he regretted it.
Every city has some bad parts. Philly definitely does. I think if he didn't realize that he will get used to it like he said in the back half of that quote.
Goes the opposite way too, have a lot of guys (Lynch and Shady come to mind) that hated it up in Buffalo.
Reminds me how Penn State used to have a hard time getting good basketball players to come there despite having a good pipeline in state because the city kids didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere State College. I hated going to one of those types of colleges and left, and I grew up in the more built up suburbs. You like what's familiar, you adapt or you don't. I think Mims sounds like a good kid who works hard every time I've seen him talk about football. I think he'd be fine.

GB would be a good fit it sounds like. Doesn't seem like a guy who cares about being in a big city like some players do.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

maybe yeah, I'm sure he regretted it.
Every city has some bad parts. Philly definitely does. I think if he didn't realize that he will get used to it like he said in the back half of that quote.
Goes the opposite way too, have a lot of guys (Lynch and Shady come to mind) that hated it up in Buffalo.
Reminds me how Penn State used to have a hard time getting good basketball players to come there despite having a good pipeline in state because the city kids didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere State College. I hated going to one of those types of colleges and left, and I grew up in the more built up suburbs. You like what's familiar, you adapt or you don't. I think Mims sounds like a good kid who works hard every time I've seen him talk about football. I think he'd be fine.

GB would be a good fit it sounds like. Doesn't seem like a guy who cares about being in a big city like some players do.

I have no doubt that he is a good kid but it just seems like a soft answer to me - being mental tough, especially in a big city, is a big part of being successful, IMO. I don't think I've ever heard/read a prospect say anything remotely close to what he said. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way. 

The city of Buffalo doesn't suck, the weather most certainly does. I would venture to say 90% of the athletes that play in Buffalo hate - but not because they are scared. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I have no doubt that he is a good kid but it just seems like a soft answer to me - being mental tough, especially in a big city, is a big part of being successful, IMO. I don't think I've ever heard/read a prospect say anything remotely close to what he said. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way. 

The city of Buffalo doesn't suck, the weather most certainly does. I would venture to say 90% of the athletes that play in Buffalo hate - but not because they are scared. 

Hard to say, I'm sure guys have said something dumb before. Either during the process or before it.
I think it was Smallwood who talked crap on people from philly like a couple years before we drafted him. Can't say I recall exactly the same thing though.

We can just bunk him with Goedert & Maddox and he can stay inside all day when he's not a the facility ha.

Yeah I like Buffalo...perfectly fine city, but yeah it was weather and just not having stuff to do there that got to them if I remember what Lynch said during his trade demands.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Eh don't know if its big city as much ase iit is North Philly being a sketchy place. Im from there and I dint like being there

Dont mind Aiyuk after a trade down, but not at 21. That said it looks like Howie is set on adding a receiver in the top 40, as he should be, Wentz needs help, just watched the lions game and Carson was dropping dimes all over three field but got no help. That wasnt the only game like that either, he put the team in position to be 5-0 at least IIRC to be killed by the support.