> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, EAGLES 1977 said:

I agree with your analysis👍 Everything you pointed out...

His metrics as you said is weird cause he has a bulky upper body (classic mlb) with skinny lower body and a face of a long snapper🤣 he is a BALLER!!! Highlights prove it... the kid has non stop motor... never give up mentality... hustle hustle hustle!!! As far as coverage... he'll get better training in the NFL... I don't think he's fast that's why he seems to be 1/2 a step behind... he makes up for it cause he has amazing instincts... if he can tone his body up I see him as a cross between Kuechly (ret.)and Milano (Bills)... LOVE his INSTINCTS👍👍👍🤙🤙🤙

If he can't tone his body up and he puts size on... 50% of Allen would be better then our 3rd DE... Sweat or whomever is our #3... so like I said take a shot... 

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Kiper has us taking Higgins, bleeehhh. Yet another jump ball, box out player with questionable speed. When will these ppl learn? I swear most people who put out mocks take a glance at the widely acclaimed position of need, and continue to throw the next best available player at it without looking into the real context of what we really need at the position. Do your research before publishing that garbage again.

To be fair, our own staff doesn't take context into account, so why should mock drafters? It wouldn't shock me at all if we took Higgins, and then took another big WR in the mids, because our staff doesn't know how to draft skill positions.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly I'm surprised how much KJ Hamler is just going under the radar relative to all the other guys.

I think most people have him firmly in round 2, so I wouldn't say he's under the radar. He's probably going to measure 5'8 3/4" 172 lbs and have small hands. He shouldn't go much higher than mid round 2, because he's basically just going to be Taylor Gabriel until he develops, if he develops at all. It's not like Hamler is some lock to be good. He might be a smaller Emmanuel Sanders or he might be Tavon Austin 2.0.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think most people have him firmly in round 2, so I wouldn't say he's under the radar. He's probably going to measure 5'8 3/4" 172 lbs and have small hands. He shouldn't go much higher than mid round 2, because he's basically just going to be Taylor Gabriel until he develops.

He's a better route runner and is probably a bit quicker and bit bigger than Garbiel tbh.

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

To be fair, our own staff doesn't take context into account, so why should mock drafters? It wouldn't shock me at all if we took Higgins, and then took another big WR in the mids, because our staff doesn't know how to draft skill positions.

I just expect to be disappointed at this point with receiver and corner draftees so I'm prepared for Higgins, Pittman and AJ Terrell.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's probably not much bigger. NCAA dudes can ragdoll Hamler.

But he is bigger. Comparing him to Gabriel really is just lazy. Gabriel is a poor poor mans version that is slower, smaller, and not as good at the basic fundamentals of being a WR.

I'm well aware that he's right now in the 2nd round. But literally every single WR in this class aside from Hamler and Higgins is getting a massive hype train each week. Higgins is obviously a polarizing prospect. But literally nobody ever talks about Hamler at all. Hence why he's under the radar.

Edited by Danger

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

But he is bigger. Comparing him to Gabriel really is just lazy. Gabriel is a poor poor mans version that is slower, smaller, and not as good at the basic fundamentals of being a WR.

I'm well aware that he's right now in the 2nd round. But literally every single WR in this class aside from Hamler and Higgins is getting a massive hype train each week. Higgins is obviously a polarizing prospect. But literally nobody ever talks about Hamler at all. Hence why he's under the radar.

Gabriel ran a 4.27. He's not slower. He's an inch shorter, but about the same weight. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gabriel ran a 4.40 40-yard dash at his college pro day in 2014, per NFL Draft Scout.

It was wind assisted though

Twelve NFL scouts were in attendance to see Gabriel run 4.53 in the 40-yard dash against a 20-miles-per-hour wind, and 4.27 in the 40-yard dash with the wind. Gabriel looked great in position drills during his workout as well. At the conclusion of his pro day, it was thought that Gabriel had tested into late round consideration, but draft day proved otherwise. Gabriel went undrafted, but was signed by the wide receiver needy Cleveland Browns.

Gabriel also had better receiving totals in NCAA. It's not really a lazy comp. You just hate seeing a guy you like compared to an average starter. 

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the average of 4.53 and 4.27 is 4.40 though

Running against 20 mph winds is pretty f'd though. Running with wind can only help so much, so I don't know if the fairest average. I'd say he's more of a 4.3 guy, plus I've seen Gabriel run right by NFL DB's. If he was tested indoors, I'm guessing he runs 4.3's all day. 

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <