> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This guy gets it 👆. I'd be so freaking stoked to get Byron Jones man.

I don't think BJ (hehe) is in the same tier as PP or Ramsey or even Slay, but he's sure as hell better than everything we currently have, and let's face it- we will draft a cb in round 3- and he will end up sucking, even if some of us like him. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think BJ (hehe) is in the same tier as PP or Ramsey or even Slay, but he's sure as hell better than everything we currently have, and let's face it- we will draft a cb in round 3- and he will end up sucking, even if some of us like him. 

Yeah, we are in a bind. nice handful of CBs this year. 
But if we can't get one out of the top ones, just avoid it.

Like we've all mostly said the last two years, we need a starter.

Just gimme a guy that plays well with Schwartz scheme. It’s pretty apparent he wants guys to play off and limit big plays. Any kind of CB that excels in press is pretty pointless. I hate the way he runs the secondary but no use beating your head against the wall. I honestly think that’s how we’ve been able to function (and not function) at times with the corners we’ve had being so subpar. Scheme over player at this position. The safeties are a much more important component in his defense.  Gimme the kid from the Vikings and let him make plays. Sign some mid range corners and hope Jackson and maybe another pass rusher make the big difference on the DL. 

• Like 1

Guys I'd draft at 21 in no particular order, some are duh's: DE Chase Young, DT Derrick Brown, CB Okudah, LB Isaiah Simmons, DE Chaisson, WR Jeudy, WR Lamb, WR Ruggs, CB Fulton, S Delpit, DE Gross-Matos, CB CJ Henderson, DE Epenesa, DT Kinlaw, WR Reagor, CB Gladney, WR Aiyuk, WR Hamler

Just missed: DT Gallimore, S McKinney, WR Jefferson, CB Diggs

On 2020-02-01 at 9:53 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

Guys I'd draft at 21 in no particular order, some are duh's: DE Chase Young, DT Derrick Brown, CB Okudah, LB Isaiah Simmons, DE Chaisson, WR Jeudy, WR Lamb, WR Ruggs, CB Fulton, S Delpit, DE Gross-Matos, CB CJ Henderson, DE Epenesa, DT Kinlaw, WR Reagor, CB Gladney, WR Aiyuk, WR Hamler

Just missed: DT Gallimore, S McKinney, WR Jefferson, CB Diggs

You’re not impressed with Laviska Shenault?

Early/Mid/Late round draft crushes:

QB
None/None/James Morgan

RB
Swift/Edwards-Helaire/James Robinson

WR
Ruggs + Reagor + Aiyuk/Gandy-Golden + Mims/Bowden Jr + Spielman + V Jefferson

TE
Haven't looked at any. Same goes for K and P.

OT
None/Bartch + Peart/Cleveland

OG
None/Lewis/Onwenu

C
None/Ruiz/Hennessy

DT
Kinlaw + Blacklock + Lynch/None/Agim + Roy

DE
None/Taylor/Highsmith + Gipson

LB
Simmons/Woodward/Wilson + Olson

CB
Gladney/Igbinoghene + Pride + Johnson/Vildor + Jackson

S
Delpit + Winfield Jr + Dugger/Brooks/None

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Anybody else like CJ Henderson?

Like him a lot, but don't love him, yet. Sometimes he looks really good, sometimes he looks like Ronald Darby without all the tent visits. I think Gladney is more consistent. I'd take either one, tbh, but I'm mostly hoping CB is addressed in FA via Byron Jones and another signing.

Byron Jones + Gladney or Henderson wouldn't be bad either, but then we're missing out on a dope DL or WR or S. Until Schwartz is out of here, give me the DL, WR, or S, because our CB's are probably getting toasted regardless of who is back there with that crazy 11 yard cushion coverage we default to most of the time. So yea, hoping we don't go CB until like round 5. Just take someone who runs fast with a decent 3 cone and hope they pan out until the schwartz has left.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Lmao a losers mentality **** off ******

You'd avoid drafting a player you think highly of because you doubt your own teams ability to actually do the job? You'd take an inferior player because you don't believe in your own team? That by definition is a loser's mentality. 

Stay classy though.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <