> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Got Reagor too low. Higgins and Jefferson too high.

I have all 7 in the first round, that's how close they are but I do think 1-4 is pretty set right now. I know a lot of folks don't like Higgins fit with the Eagles but he's still a fantastic prospect in his own right. 

Kiper has us taking Higgins, bleeehhh. Yet another jump ball, box out player with questionable speed. When will these ppl learn? I swear most people who put out mocks take a glance at the widely acclaimed position of need, and continue to throw the next best available player at it without looking into the real context of what we really need at the position. Do your research before publishing that garbage again.

• Like 1

Sad thing is, I dont trust anyone on this staff to properly evaluate and or draft the right WR from this class, in any rd.

I'd like to say, identify the best 3 WR's and go get one of them , whatever the cost but don't trust 2 of the 3 evaluations to be remotely right.

Eagles drafting WR's is the equivalent to the Browns drafting QB's.

Sad!

Edited by Nabbs4u

I love how "versatile" has become "gadgety" and how Shenault's value "peaked too soon.""
OK, nobody actually said that it peaked too soon.  They just implied it with their comments.
But, I said he was the best pick in November and joked when everyone loved him at the beginning of January and now he's overrated and "falling" going into February.
What a farce.  People are waffling based on what other people are saying.  Watch the damn games.
Laviska Shenault is the best receiver likely to be available at 21.
He takes the ball from defenders, makes up for QB errors and makes people miss after the catch.
Colorado used him in ways the Eagles may never have to use him, but could.
My biggest reservation is a need for Plan B as he may not be there.
Hell, most people had Odell Beckham Jr. going 20-25 and he went 12.  That can happen.  AND it panned out.
Mock him at 21 and he goes 14, no shame.
Pass on him at 21 and he goes to New England ..... and whine about how Belichick knows talent and the Eagles don't ... and you need to be quiet.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sad thing is, I dont trust anyone on this staff to properly evaluate and or draft the right WR from this class, in any rd.

I'd like to say, identify the best 3 WR's and go get one of them , whatever the cost but don't trust 2 of the 3 evaluations to be remotely right.

Eagles drafting WR's is the equivalent to the Browns drafting QB's.

Sad!

100% agree!!! About our WR evaluation process... 

Exhibit A- 2001 draft (WR Reggie Wayne) Eagles draft (Freddie "4th&26" Mitchell) Exhibit B- 2019 draft (WR D.K. Metcalf) Eagles draft (J.J. Arcega Whiteside) still very early to give up on J.J., but D.K. is already a STUD... Many other scenarios cause I could probably make a point in every draft that we went with a WR... Just a couple right here

Like you pointed out... get 3 WR that the team must have and go get one of them... I still worry about our scouting department though... to me it's just like our medical staff 🤙🤙🤙

1 minute ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

Exhibit A- 2001 draft (WR Reggie Wayne) Eagles draft (Freddie "4th&26" Mitchell) Exhibit B- 2019 draft (WR D.K. Metcalf) Eagles draft (J.J. Arcega Whiteside) still very early to give up on J.J., but D.K. is already a STUD... Many other scenarios cause I could probably make a point in every draft that we went with a WR... Just a couple right here

Like you pointed out... get 3 WR that the team must have and go get one of them... I still worry about our scouting department though... to me it's just like our medical staff 🤙🤙🤙

My Personal targets for Round 1- WR HENRY RUGGS III, JALEN REAGOR, AND TEE HIGGINS

All the WR talk aside, the two most impressive LB's I've seen in terms of draftability are Evan Weaver and Justin Strnad.

Weaver is one of those known commodities who doesn't have the metrics.  But, he's a baller.
He's everywhere with a motor like Jared Allen, who fell to the 4th.
There is little Cal game film where he isn't right there, mostly in the backfield.
Yeah, he's not great in coverage before the pass, but he's never far away.
Also, with his size he may project as a DE one day.  That could be sick.

Strnad can cover the field side to side with his lanky speed.
He also anticipates well and blows up plays.
People are projecting him too low.  I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 3-4 range.
I think he has an immediate impact on defense, not just ST.

Note:  I've been notoriously bad at LB.
I still think these are two guys who can change the team's fortune at this position.

6 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

All the WR talk aside, the two most impressive LB's I've seen in terms of draftability are Evan Weaver and Justin Strnad.

Weaver is one of those known commodities who doesn't have the metrics.  But, he's a baller.
He's everywhere with a motor like Jared Allen, who fell to the 4th.
There is little Cal game film where he isn't right there, mostly in the backfield.
Yeah, he's not great in coverage before the pass, but he's never far away.
Also, with his size he may project as a DE one day.  That could be sick.

Strnad can cover the field side to side with his lanky speed.
He also anticipates well and blows up plays.
People are projecting him too low.  I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 3-4 range.
I think he has an immediate impact on defense, not just ST.

Note:  I've been notoriously bad at LB.
I still think these are two guys who can change the team's fortune at this position.

I like Weaver... if we can draft him with one of our (3) #4s... plus sign FA Corey Littleton (Rams)... 

6 minutes ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

You could look at any draft for any team and say, "The team selected this guy over that guy" and every draft is stupid.
That amounts to nothing.
The chances are most teams were in on the evaluation.
How many teams passed on Metcalf?
Do you know why?*
That is a dubious analysis.
Post your opinions before the draft and live and die with them afterward.

*Metcalf ran a limited route tree, was more concerned with his physique than being a WR and was oft injured.
Many people were in on this evaluation, myself included.
I stand by it.  He's not established any more than a late season phenom yet.

7 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

You could look at any draft for any team and say, "The team selected this guy over that guy" and every draft is stupid.
That amounts to nothing.
The chances are most teams were in on the evaluation.
How many teams passed on Metcalf?
Do you know why?*
That is a dubious analysis.
Post your opinions before the draft and live and die with them afterward.

*Metcalf ran a limited route tree, was more concerned with his physique than being a WR and was oft injured.
Many people were in on this evaluation, myself included.
I stand by it.  He's not established any more than a late season phenom yet.

Just examples and I understand that it's hit or miss... teams had him lower also and didn't draft Metcalf...

What I really mean is that it's time to take a chance on players that have no route tree and maybe even players with red flags (Randy Moss)... what DK. has (Height, Size, and (SPEED)... you can't teach that... I know not every player with amazing attributes make it, but I definitely know we're scared off by a simple thing like learning to run more routes... give him a year or two to learn... We took a shot on CB Sidney Jones... Why not the same for other athlethes that possess what D.K. showed... 🤙

18 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Why do you like Weaver?

I agree with your analysis👍 Everything you pointed out...

His metrics as you said is weird cause he has a bulky upper body (classic mlb) with skinny lower body and a face of a long snapper🤣 he is a BALLER!!! Highlights prove it... the kid has non stop motor... never give up mentality... hustle hustle hustle!!! As far as coverage... he'll get better training in the NFL... I don't think he's fast that's why he seems to be 1/2 a step behind... he makes up for it cause he has amazing instincts... if he can tone his body up I see him as a cross between Kuechly (ret.)and Milano (Bills)... LOVE his INSTINCTS👍👍👍🤙🤙🤙

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <