> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like 21 is a good spot. Someone who we need and want will fall to us I believe. Lots of good WR's and Secondary players in that range it looks like. But you never really know.

The 2nd round you might be right. Getting an impact 2nd round pick might take a trade up. For example if we go Diggs or McKinney or something in the 1st, we'd have to trade up to get that quality WR like Hamler, Aiuyk or Reagor in Round 2. 

Yup I agree, I can deff see that happening in round 2. It's nice having projected 2 thirds and 3 fourths. That's major ammo for a trade up. I'd be shocked if we spent all those picks. I can see us spending 9/10 picks but no way we spend all 10/10. A trade up within the first 3 rounds is imminent imo. If we miss on Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy in the first, I'd kill to land one of Reagor, Hamler or Aiuyk in the 2nd. I really don't want Shenault and I kinda don't want Higgins.

43 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I agree, I can deff see that happening in round 2. It's nice having projected 2 thirds and 3 fourths. That's major ammo for a trade up. I'd be shocked if we spent all those picks. I can see us spending 9/10 picks but no way we spend all 10/10. A trade up within the first 3 rounds is imminent imo. If we miss on Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy in the first, I'd kill to land one of Reagor, Hamler or Aiuyk in the 2nd. I really don't want Shenault and I kinda don't want Higgins.

I love Shenault. What is the reasoning why you wouldn't want him?

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Nathan Gerry via BR 2017

A three-year starter with a linebacker mindset in a strong safety's body, Nathan Gerry has top-notch pre-snap IQ and incredible effort post snap, giving every ounce of energy to get to the ball A three-year starter with a linebacker mindset in a strong safety's body, Nathan Gerry has top-notch pre-snap IQ and incredible effort post snap, giving every ounce of energy to get to the ball

Gerry is a limited athlete who lives on recognition and anticipation over speed and quickness. 

David Woodward via TDN

He’s tough and physical against the run. He is a downhill LB that has good tackling efficiency in the box. He plays with good pop and can uncoil his hips at the point of attack. Not a great athlete in space but can drop sufficiently and defend the pass. Plays with good instincts with regards to his run fits. “Try hard”, high effort player with limited athletic ability but displays very good competitiveness. Projects with good upside as a core special teamer.

I'm not the only one who see similar aspects to their game...Yes you can find other reports that may slightly differ hell our staff says Gerry has range all over the field. I don't see the FO using a draft pick on a WLB. We have Gerry, Duke Riley and Alex Singleton for at least another year. I can see a Mike LB being brought in via FA or draft not so sure the staff seems to really like Nate. 

He seems like a decent athlete to me. I think he'll run a 4.6 with a solid 3 cone.

If you just watch him play, he doesn't look anything like Gerry on the field. 

52 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I love Shenault. What is the reasoning why you wouldn't want him?

Seems too gadgety and not enough WR to him. I want a straight WR who's taken reps there and only there. I don't trust this staff to use him properly is the brunt of my concern. We need 100% pure receivers.

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He seems like a decent athlete to me. I think he'll run a 4.6 with a solid 3 cone.

If you just watch him play, he doesn't look anything like Gerry on the field. 

I watched him vs WF and I'm seeing double vision. effort/hustle. Missed tackles in space. Gives too much ground vs TEs in coverage, runs around blocks -- 24 tackles he's flying around no doubt.  

Only difference is he seems to carry the 230 a bit better than what I've seen from Gerry. Gerry came in at 215 (+/- a few). 

I'll watch some more but he's a little more polished LB than Gerry as far as keys and angles. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Seems too gadgety and not enough WR to him. I want a straight WR who's taken reps there and only there. I don't trust this staff to use him properly is the brunt of my concern. We need 100% pure receivers.

Same...he's Cordelle (sp?) Patterson... young Sammy Watkins. 

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

8 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Same...he's Cordelle (sp?) Patterson... young Sammy Watkins. 

I think he's got great versatility as a weapon. I don't see that as a negative. He looks to have made some serious WR plays on film and in addition is somebody who you could scheme up to get some gadget plays on the side.

I don't see the Patterson comp at all. Patterson was super raw at WR coming out. Young Sammy Watkins was a GD beast his first couple years in the league before all his injuries and he started believing he was a lizard person

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think he's got great versatility as a weapon. I don't see that as a negative. He looks to have made some serious WR plays on film and in addition is somebody who you could scheme up to get some gadget plays on the side.

I don't see the Patterson comp at all. Patterson was super raw at WR coming out. Young Sammy Watkins was a GD beast his first couple years in the league before all his injuries and he started believing he was a lizard person

He was playing H-back/Wildcat QB & RB as well as WR in 2018 and some of '19. How is that not raw? Jet run plays, reverses. Just get him the ball and let him run...6'2 220 same size as Patterson. limited route tree. Stop Pete...

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Shenault is terrible value at 21. I'd say he's probably the 7th best WR in this class and that's close. 

More guys I've watched, further he's fallen. Kinda went off what people were saying as this big playmaker, but I don't really see it. 
He could do some of that in the right scheme, but we have yet to show that here at all.

think I have him around 10th. In that group with Tee Higgins, Pittman, DPJ.
and the beginning of the guys where I'm not feeling like we nailed it...but there are at least some skill there to maybe develop.
but I have to watch a lot of those guys to see exactly where I'd put them. 

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

More guys I've watched, further he's fallen. Kinda went of what people were saying as this big playmaker. 
He could do some of that in the right scheme, but we have yet to show that here at all.

think I have him, Higgins as 9th & 10th...and the beginning of the guys where I'm not feeling like we nailed it...but there are at least some skill there to maybe develop.

I have them ranked as such right now

1.    Jeduy
2.    Lamb
3.    Ruggs
4.    Higgins
5.    Jefferson
6.    Aiyuk
7.    Reagor
8.    Shenault  

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <