> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah He shouldn’t be there...but with at least 4 QBs going and all these OTs probably going as well....it’s a possibility he drops. 

He should go 5-12 but probably will go later teens. Think Oakland, Jags and Dallas would like to get him. 

I'm not seeing the OTs you are. I think Wills is purely a RT.  

I'm surprised Becton is highly considered I thought he looked avg. At 370 IDK I can't see him playing that weight at OT. 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

I'm surprised Becton is highly considered I thought he looked avg. At 370 IDK I can't see him playing that weight at OT. 

OT's in recent years have had surges close to the draft and get overdrafted much like QBs have for quite a while. 2 months ago you saw maybe 2 OTs in the first round. Now I've seen some mocks with 6.

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

There are three tiers or WR's at the top.

Jerry Jeudy
Laviska Shenault
CeeDee Lamb

Tee Higgins
Justin Jefferson
Jalen Reagor
Michael Pittman

Bryan Edwards
Brandon Aiyuk
Henry Ruggs
Tyler Johnson 
KJ Hamler 

Really, you could make either Aiyuk or Ruggs number eight in my book.
Or you could drop them a spot or two.
It doesn't matter.  They're just not in the top groups.
This should come as no surprise as I declared Reagor better than Aiyuk a month ago when I touted Aiyuk as a second-rounder.
Also no mystery is my love for Shenault.
I think Jeudy is 1 and Shenault is 1A.
I've seen a lot of Aiyuk, Shenault and Pittman.

I think you are the first person I've seen that has Ruggs pretty far down, any particular reason? 

I'm personally not high on Shenault, but I understand why others are. 

Edited by nlesthought

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I think the league is just hurting for Olinemen, why Vaitai is gonna get paid this offseason.

Combine that with the raised valuation of guards, I think it makes more guys appealing.

Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton & Jones are the names that get tossed around that early.

A lot of draft people have gotten real high on Becton's potential the last couple weeks.

But even if we go conservative and say, 4 OTs & 4 QBs, that still pushes a ton of guys down the board to us. (and there are RBs and a couple interior Olinemen who might go too)

Chase Young, Jeffrey Okuda, Derrick Brown, Isaiah Simmons, Jerry Jeudy, A.J. Epenesa, CeeDee Lamb, Kristian Fulton, Henry Ruggs, Javon Kinlaw,
Grant Delpit, K'Lavon Chaisson, Xavier McKinney, Laviska Shenault, C.J. Henderson, Yetur Gross-Matos, Jalen Reagor, Neville Gallimore,
Justin Jefferson, Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Trevon Diggs

^ Just took damns off of a big board, I personally dont love all those guys, or think we would take them. But that's 23 players without the QBs & OTs, or the 2 RBs or 2 OG/C who are in a  lot of people's top 35 players.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I think you are the first person I've seen that has Ruggs pretty far down, any particular reason? 

I'm personally not high on Shenault, but I understand why others are. 

I don't like the way he gets into position to catch the ball.
I feel like he's always poised to run instead.
I suspect there will be a ton of issues with his hands because of it.
Also, he's gotten by almost exclusively on physical ability, which has often put him in the position of being wide open.
It will be different when the catches are contested.

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think the league is just hurting for Olinemen, why Vaitai is gonna get paid this offseason.

Combine that with the raised valuation of guards, I think it makes more guys appealing.

Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton & Jones are the names that get tossed around that early.

A lot of draft people have gotten real high on Becton's potential the last couple weeks.

But even if we go conservative and say, 4 OTs & 4 QBs, that still pushes a ton of guys down the board to us. (and there are RBs and a couple interior Olinemen who might go too)

Chase Young, Jeffrey Okuda, Derrick Brown, Isaiah Simmons, Jerry Jeudy, A.J. Epenesa, CeeDee Lamb, Kristian Fulton, Henry Ruggs, Javon Kinlaw,
Grant Delpit, K'Lavon Chaisson, Xavier McKinney, Laviska Shenault, C.J. Henderson, Yetur Gross-Matos, Jalen Reagor, Neville Gallimore,
Justin Jefferson, Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Trevon Diggs

^ Just took damns off of a big board, I personally dont love all those guys, or think we would take them. But that's 23 players without the QBs & OTs, or the 2 RBs or 2 OG/C who are in a  lot of people's top 35 players.

Idk I see the league hurting on OL because of all the talent at DL. And of course protection is an important thing in today’s game. 

Teams are putting their best athletes at DL. 

I don’t think there will be 4 QBs and OTs before 21. The unanimous MVP was selected 32nd good QBs can be drafted anywhere in the draft. I’m going to say 3 QBs in the top 20 maybe 3 OTs. 

26 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Idk I see the league hurting on OL because of all the talent at DL. And of course protection is an important thing in today’s game. 

Teams are putting their best athletes at DL. 

I don’t think there will be 4 QBs and OTs before 21. The unanimous MVP was selected 32nd good QBs can be drafted anywhere in the draft. I’m going to say 3 QBs in the top 20 maybe 3 OTs. 

It’s both, OL play is awful league wide. 

We've been so lucky here.

Scouts were mixed on Lamar because he was a different kind of QB. He shouldn’t have lasted til 32. All these guys are way more natural projections.

I think in this draft we’ll have Burrow and Tua go top 3. Herbert will go 5-7. And Jordan Love will go 12-14 (or one of those teams moves a little higher to secure him. And then Eason has a chance to be reached on too somewhere in the 1st.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s both, OL play is awful league wide. 

We've been so lucky here.

Scouts were mixed on Lamar because he was a different kind of QB. He shouldn’t have lasted til 32. All these guys are way more natural projections.

I think in this draft we’ll have Burrow and Tua go top 3. Herbert will go 5-7. And Jordan Love will go 12-14 (or one of those teams moves a little higher to secure him. And then Eason has a chance to be reached on too somewhere in the 1st.

I personally take Eason over Love. That said, Love does remind me of Colin Kaepernick. (Football wise)

Eason has the highest ceiling IMO. Who do you think is trading up with Detroit for Tua?

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

I personally take Eason over Love. That said, Love does remind me of Colin Kaepernick. (Football wise)

Eason has the highest ceiling IMO. Who do you think is trading up with Detroit for Tua?

I think Miami might just make sure they get him, but think the Panthers will push to move up. Chargers Don’t tend to make those moves and would be pretty rich for the Colts to do it.

If nobody moves up he’ll just go #5, cause the Skins aren’t giving up Young and Gettleman is an idiot.

Watched all the Tee Higgins film I could earlier before passing out. I'm starting to like him a bit more. More juice and separation ability than I initially thought. Great at back shoulder routes and catches. Though speaking of catches, he does drop more balls than I like. I've become okay with him at 21.

14 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Watched all the Tee Higgins film I could earlier before passing out. I'm starting to like him a bit more. More juice and separation ability than I initially thought. Great at back shoulder routes and catches. Though speaking of catches, he does drop more balls than I like. I've become okay with him at 21.

Best pro comp I have for him would be DeVante Parker. If he were like Parker was this year, then I'm all for it.

42 minutes ago, Danger said:

Best pro comp I have for him would be DeVante Parker. If he were like Parker was this year, then I'm all for it.

Yeah it fits, I think we’d have a similar wait for him to be good too. Best thing for Tee, as bad as we might be sometimes....we aren’t as bad as Adam Gase at making an offense. So maybe it isn’t such a long wait.

27 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Reagor + Gandy-Golden combo ftw.

D Jax
Reagor
Gandy-Golden
Arthega
Ward
Alshon (When he comes back/Until he's cut or traded)

That's a nice WR group, besides Arthega.

I regularly end up with those 2 in my TDN mocks. Reagor in the 1st or 2nd and GG in the 4th or even sometimes 5th. I'm really holding out hope for JJ. Like there's gotta be something to work with there right?