> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

35 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Coming around to it slightly, but with Mims & Aiyuk sitting there into round two... would probably rather get another position at #21 if Ceedee/Ruggs/Jeudy are gone.

Or just punt down the board. Can you imagine dropping down like 8 picks and getting a 2nd back. Walking away with like McKinney/Delpit, Mims, Gladney/Terrell or Hamler.

The problem with this is there are a ton of teams that could go WR between the end of round 1 and the start of round 2 that o could see the well being dry by 53

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd rather trade back if we take him, but who knows if that's possible. He's probably going somewhere between 21 and early 2nd round.

TBH I don't think he makes it past Green Bay at 30. I expect him to light up the combine.

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m starting to feel like I’d be happier with the secondary options than the WR options at 53. 

Opposite...

I don't think there is depth in secondary in this draft besides at safety. For me it comes down to what is Howie does in FA. If he goes in at CB I don't expect a young CB to be drafted early. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

Opposite...

I don't think there is depth in secondary in this draft besides at safety. For me it comes down to what is Howie does in FA. If he goes in at CB I don't expect a young CB to be drafted early. 

IMO there are plenty of Corners in the first three rounds, Safeties you're gonna have to nab one in the first two rounds. But at 53 there should be some good secondary player to scoop up. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m starting to feel like I’d be happier with the secondary options than the WR options at 53. 

Like a month ago I thought no matter what, 1st or 2nd round...you're golden if you take a wideout. But yeah they’ve all shifted up to like the top 45. Might get a straggler to be there in round two...but you know someone will try to trade in front of us. A lot of the other playoff teams need wideouts too. 

I think if we trade down it’ll be for a team to move up a couple and get one of the OTs, or maybe one of the edges. We get a 3rd out of that then we can use one of those to leap up in the 2nd to get a secondary player or WR...depending what we took in the first.

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

That will play over Maddox and a FA?? Throw Mills in the mix. 

Expecting much from a Rookie CB even in early rounds isn't very wise, especially given out system. The only way we have a Rookie starter at CB is if we trade up for Fulton, or MAYBE if we take CJ Henderson, and even then I wouldn't be sure he'll start right away.

There are several teams with the depth of WR and the top heavy nature of the Tackle class that will elect to go for the tackle at the top of round 1 and the pick up those WR's at the top of Round 2. Teams like the Cards, Jets, maybe even the Broncos or even the Colts if they go like Kinlaw or a QB in round 1. Also if that doesn't happen are you telling me you'd be mad if they spent their 1st AND 2nd on WR? I know I wouldn't.

A lot of this depends on FA. I hope they use their FA resources on CB and LB and attack WR and S more in the draft.

• Like 1

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <