2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Just arguing that the archetype of player he is was perhaps a misguided position to target. Especially for a team full of possession type receivers and two tight ends that operate in that space. Would have made more sense if they were getting rid of Alshon. But they reworked his contract.

I don't really think the Alshon restructure has any bearing on the JJAW pick. Alshon has 2 more years with us after this one. It's generally accepted that WRs take 3 years to develop in the NFL. If the case was truly to replace the exact player the dots are all lining up on this one, hopefully JJAW develops like they expect him to.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Our recent draft success leads all of us to believe all 3 players from this years draft will suck. And there's nothing you can say to disprove that. 

I think it's easier to stick to the "that guy was drafted too early" mantra. It holds true with all the recent busts or players that didn't really pan out like they should (Watkins, Smith, Agholor, Rowe) unfortunately Sanders, JJAW, Shareef Miller, and Thorson all fall into this category.

People who we moved up for or waited and got value to get tend to be the better players (Wentz, Cox, Ertz, Goedert). Fortunately for us, Dillard falls into this category but so does Sidney Jones. I will put an asterisk on Jones that the only reason he was available was due to injury.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't really think the Alshon restructure has any bearing on the JJAW pick. Alshon has 2 more years with us after this one. It's generally accepted that WRs take 3 years to develop in the NFL. If the case was truly to replace the exact player the dots are all lining up on this one, hopefully JJAW develops like they expect him to.

Exactly! Everyone is acting like the Starters at WR weren't already in place AJ, DeSean, Agholor.  Doesnt matter who was drafted , they weren't starting outside of injury. This isn't about 2019 but hedging their bets on 20'/21' JJAW can step into that role.

Try to contribute here and there as a Rookie but from what he said last PC, learning All 3 spots X,Y, Z has potentially effected his overall production and availability in each weeks game plan. I'm not concerned one bit about the pick because IMO the writing is in the wall for Alshon. IMO , hes a faster, younger Clone!

They will most likely address the DeSean position in this years draft "for the future". Not the 2020 season baring injury?

Sanders future at RB, they will draft another

JJAW - Alshon

Goedert- Ertz

?? - Desean

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

We need team speed. Like draft someone fast. 

Sorry, team guys that run 4.7 Are all you get

“Really good guy....loves football, man...hard worker...”

I would love to draft a DB with speed that can keep up with a wideout. Or a WR that can get separation.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

We need team speed. Like draft someone fast. 

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sorry, team guys that run 4.7 Are all you get

“Really good guy....loves football, man...hard worker...”

I would love to draft a DB with speed that can keep up with a wideout. Or a WR that can get separation.

Man you guys are jumping all over this "the eagles can't draft" stuff that's coming out recently.

Maddox and Gibson both drafted two years ago had very good 40s (I want to say 4.3s but I'm too lazy to look it up). There's not one attribute that makes a football player.

33 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Man you guys are jumping all over this "the eagles can't draft" stuff that's coming out recently.

Maddox and Gibson both drafted two years ago had very good 40s (I want to say 4.3s but I'm too lazy to look it up). There's not one attribute that makes a football player.

The simple fact of it right now is we don't have anyone explosive on this team aside from DeSean, and we also suck at drafting since 2014 onward

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Just diggin in on some annoyances for fun Hockey

We are about as good as anyone, but worse than some

I think we take chances on some speed guys later sometimes, but this discrepancy can be exacerbated by a couple factors

• Later round guys having other issues preventing them from developing
  • Coaching staff having a hard time truly developing key positions that require speed.
  • Positions where agility, strength, other intangibles tending to be the ones we value early, or the Archetype we go after not being one that requires as much speed (DE and mostly WR)

So it's like if we aren't drafting speed positions earlier on, and when we do we aren't prioritizing speed type guys.
It can lead to a rather large team speed discrepancy. Especially when you have coaching not being able to develop those later round speed gambles or we are missing on them on draft day.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:11 AM, Hockey5djh said:

I think that really only held true when cb's were still allowed to Ty Law people. Most of the good ones these days blow up in year 2 and usually get around 850 yards as rooks, give or take 150 yards.

Edited by Jeezla

On 10/17/2019 at 7:45 AM, Hockey5djh said:

Gibson ran 4.5's in testing. That's why he went so late.

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

If we're looking at next years draft Ruggs or Reagor are probably the top speed guys. There's a burner down in Miami too but I forget his name at the moment.

You don't necessarily need to go in the 1st round to get a speed guy *COUGH* USC GUY *COUGH*