> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

i mean half the room did say no that guys sucks I want to know who that half was

It’s retroactively made me madder like there will be guys going in the 5th this year with a better skillset than him...and it’s not like he had the production..

Even if we stayed on they board and hated DK...Woulda been nice to get one of the safeties.

6VtyZbt.jpg

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I brought up the safeties earlier in this thread maybe. Like yeah any 1 of the 3 would have been better picks.

Would’ve made this draft easier too

like if you have one of them and Malcolm, we can maybe get by if we don’t draft one.

Now we have to get at least one in the draft...on top of 2 WRs, a DT, at least one LB, CB. With it being smart to add young OLinemen too. 

We just can’t be that level of stupid this year 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Would’ve made this draft easier too

like if you have one of them and Malcolm, we can maybe get by if we don’t draft one.

Now we have to get at least one in the draft...on top of 2 WRs, a DT, at least one LB, CB. With it being smart to add young OLinemen too. 

We just can’t be that level of stupid this year 

I didnt want any offense in the first 3 picks last year. yet we didnt take any defense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I didnt want any offense in the first 3 picks last year. yet we didnt take any defense. 

Yeah. When it happened

First two I got, Didn’t love giving up picks to get Andre...but if he lands it’s worth it. Miles in the second I wasn’t 100% on board with, but I got the need and he at least earned it this year. But yeah when they took JJ and didn’t take a defender or move back for more picks...I just don’t get it.

I’m with you though, would love to know who pounded the table for him. What personnel guy stayed up late watching him Moss crappy corners from the PAC12 and said we had to have him?

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah. When it happened

First two I got, Didn’t love giving up picks to get Andre...but if he lands it’s worth it. Miles in the second I wasn’t 100% on board with, but I got the need and he at least earned it this year. But yeah when they took JJ and didn’t take a defender or move back for more picks...I just don’t get it.

I’m with you though, would love to know who pounded the table for him. What personnel guy stayed up late watching him Moss crappy corners from the PAC12 and said we had to have him?

I wanted a safety, de and dt last draft now we enter this one and could probably still use all 3 of those things and also a wide receiver again too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah. When it happened

He has the yac skills of Jason Avant as well. He's basically Jason Avant, but 2" taller, 15 lbs heavier, and without the clutch 3rd down grabs.

We coulda had McLaurin damnit! Or at least Germaine Pratt, rather than pretending Gerry or Grugier-Hill were worth spit.

I think most of us wanted either Adderly/DK/McLaurin/Campbell/Hakeem Butler/Amani Hooker

Some of you wanted Adderley in the 1st

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He has the yac skills of Jason Avant as well. He's basically Jason Avant, but 2" taller, 15 lbs heavier, and without the clutch 3rd down grabs.

We coulda had McLaurin damnit! Or at least Germaine Pratt, rather than pretending Gerry or Grugier-Hill were worth spit.

jason avant is a good comparison dominated in jump balls in the endzone then didnt score touchdowns as a pro.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think most of us wanted either Adderly/DK/McLaurin/Campbell/Hakeem Butler/Amani Hooker

Some of you wanted Adderley in the 1st

I wanted Thornhill more than all of those guys

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Passing on DK Metcalf in the 2nd round is a fail of epic proportions. He's insane value there but apparently we value collegiate production way too much....

In the draft we seem to have the strategy of swinging for singles instead of home runs (other than the trade-up for Wentz) .... hopefully that strategy will change

• Like 1

Just draft freaks. Get me guys superior athletically and I’ll fill in the holes. Tired of dudes that are just dudes. It’s nitpicking but wth is Shareef Miller. Does he jump off the tape for anyone? JJ is big but did anyone say “wow” other than a couple jump balls while watching him? Gimme fast, quick twitch, freak strong guys and I’ll make a roster. 

• Like 1

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <