Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Janela is a jobber. His record is 5-11 in singles with AEW. He was taking on a guy that came in built as a monster. And has been made to look midcard ever since he faced Cody. 20 mins? Even if Janela wasnt a jobber. That match shouldnt have lasted beyond 6-7 mins because Lance needed to come away looking strong as possible.

Janela is the biggest jobber on the roster? With Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon literally fighting out who the worst is? 

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

AEW started their show with 785k viewers. Before a half hour was even up. That showcased Private Party and Joey Janela. The viewership dropped 90k to 695k.

:D

Is there a place you can find that stuff? I’d love to see. 

I thought Janella did a good job, the match was way too long. But AEW needs to drop the incredibly Indy acts. 

* Sonny Kiss has a bit of potential. Once he learns to sell a bit better, I think he’s got a lot of great stories to tell.

* they’re doing real good telling the Cody story. I originally didn’t like him turning, but better sooner than later before he becomes just a panderer . 

* FTR vs Lucha Bros was just fine. 

* The Jericho segment was GREAT. The Demo-god.... hell yes . Jericho is the best professional wrestler of all time imo , and him coming up with hit after hit is a big reason. Cassidy is showing to be a superstar , not just a star. 

* I originally was going to complain about Kenny looking like a geek vs FTR and then wrestling with Marco Stunt, but my god, he finally showed some personality at the end. He needs to be The Cleaner. A guy who can interchange between face and heel and is actually cool.

* That’s the Mox match I wanted to see. Well done. This was a perfect match to show off his grappling skills . I’d like to see that more than just the hardcore guy. They told a great story with Cage’s arm and he being Tax’s meal ticket. Doesn’t hurt Cage a bit. 

* Cage vs Darby is going to be phenomenal. The athleticism , Darby selling for Cage, it’s going to steal whatever show it’s on. 

Just a phenomenal show. AEW is far from perfect, but there’s good parts of every show, there’s something for everyone and it’s actually a joy to watch. Never do I feel like it’s a waste of time. It is light years ahead of RAW and SD. I haven’t watched NXT weekly and I’m sure it’s a great show too , but there’s no way you can enjoy RAW or SD and not enjoy AEW.

52 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you were AEW, what would you do to grow ?

First thing. "Youre only as good as your badguys".. Remember Piper facing NWO Hogan that first time, "If I didnt knock out Mr T, Take on the NYPD, chase D.Clark back, had my way with Liberace. If they didnt hate me so much, do you think they would have been cheering you so much?" Halloween Havoc 96, my favorite segment in wrestling history.

Id have the Inner Circle look unstoppable. Not weekly comedic jokes that flutters anytime a couple goodguys come at them. Id still be building up Lance as a monster with an undefeated streak going. Cage wouldnt take an L his 2nd-3rd match, especially when before he got to AEW, People remember Tessa beat him clean.

Then Casuals, or majority of fans/could be fans. Want fights to look like fights. Id create a Cruiser style division for the Indy fans. And like ratings show for the boost Mox-Cage brought. Let my heavy division tend to the casuals. So there is something where all type fans are catered too in some way.

Those are probably the 2 biggest adjustments Id make. Rest would be little tweaks like those dives into waiting crowds and selling injuries. Kiss popping up after Cody hit major moves as nothing had happened just so something athletic could spring from it. Id cut that crap out, moves will be sold, injuries will be sold.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

First thing. "Youre only as good as your badguys".. Remember Piper facing NWO Hogan that first time, "If I didnt knock out Mr T, Take on the NYPD, chase D.Clark back, had my way with Liberace. If they didnt hate me so much, do you think they would have been cheering you so much?" Halloween Havoc 96, my favorite segment in wrestling history.

Id have the Inner Circle look unstoppable. Not weekly comedic jokes that flutters anytime a couple goodguys come at them. Id still be building up Lance as a monster with an undefeated streak going. Cage wouldnt take an L his 2nd-3rd match, especially when before he got to AEW, People remember Tessa beat him clean.

Then Casuals, or majority of fans/could be fans. Want fights to look like fights. Id create a Cruiser style division for the Indy fans. And like ratings show for the boost Mox-Cage brought. Let my heavy division tend to the casuals. So there is something where all type fans are catered too in some way.

Those are probably the 2 biggest adjustments Id make. Rest would be little tweaks like those dives into waiting crowds and selling injuries. Kiss popping up after Cody hit major moves as nothing had happened just so something athletic could spring from it. Id cut that crap out, moves will be sold, injuries will be sold.

I think I agree with what you’re essentially saying . This business runs on mega stars. WWE had Cena, but he really never had an equal or anything close, which is why I believe is one of the reasons why ratings were declining . Tbh I don’t blame Cena at all. 

I think the next big place where they can gain viewers is making their feuds seem like the guys dislike each other. Make the feuds more serious and mature. If there were more of a mix between the serious heel vs face feuds and the more silly , cheer for who you want feuds people would be happy. A lot of Cornette’s followers want just that. The cat is out of the bag, we know. But there should be stories where you get emotionally into it and can suspend disbelief 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is basically their tag division 

True. But they just added a technician style group in FTW. If they could add 2 big teams. Maybe one power team and one a monster. I think it would help balance everything out there pretty evenly with the variety. Cause youre right. Near every tag match looks identical. Even though they have some tremendous ones like SCU. The bell rings and everyone looks the same, nothing really stands out because everyone can do the moves.