Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

The Benoit doc inspired me to go find the Super JCup match from 95 between Jericho and Benoit and while I have largely tried to erase Benoit from my memory, it is undeniable that he may be the best in ring worker of all time. There may be those that are as good, but I'm confident no one has ever been better. It's obviously very truly a shame. 

If you haven't seen that match and have time to burn, it comes right up on youtube and for my money, it's a perfect match. The simple transitions and believable intensity from Benoit is generally lacking today. Everything is hard hitting and the simple gestures with his hands makes holds more believable. I was actually taken aback by how good this match was in that I have not given Benoit much of any thought in such a very long time. But give it a go if you haven't seen it and you're looking for a rabbit hole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

this was the general reaction everyone had when it first started in tna. idk how or why but it really grows on you after a bit 

Truth, when that ish first went viral I was thinking, its this BS that makes people rag on wrestling fans. Then after some time it became, yea, this is wrestling LOL

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Roman Reigns backed out of “wrestkmania”

backed out is a harsh way to put it. Dude just had his second bout of leukemia. He is therefore extremely immunocompromised. It would be beyond reckless for him to do anything except stay at home given the state of things. COVID-19 can easily become deadly to a man like him. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

backed out is a harsh way to put it. Dude just had his second bout of leukemia. He is therefore extremely immunocompromised. It would be beyond reckless for him to do anything except stay at home given the state of things. COVID-19 can easily become deadly to a man like him. 

which is why it's mostly ridiculous as hell they're still trying to do wrestlemania. i wish others would have backed out as well. wrestlemania doesn't need to deserve to be made a mockery though it's largely become a disappointment. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I 100% support him. I don’t even think the event should be happening. It’s selfish.

30 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

WWE still promoting Roman in tweets tonight is weird

Maybe they have something filmed already that leads to his absence.

Or as terrible as the Raw ratings have been. Might spend the weekend hyping a big announcement on there in hopes of gaining a few viewers. Then be able to hype a no.1 contenders match for SD.