Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

15 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

If you have a problem with Mox's selling, you probably aren't meant for modern wrestling. He has to be in the bottom 10% of abusing no sells.

Never once seen 15 punches and kicks to the head cause 0 effect to a guy. While a trashcan hitting his forearm nearly knocks him out.

You can say hes bottom 10% all you want. What Im saying is hes getting worse at it all the time. He use to be a great performer/ring storyteller/seller. Hes going downhill in all of it. In an Albert Haynesworth "I gots me a big contract, now Ill go take a nap" type of noticeable way.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Never once seen 15 punches and kicks to the head cause 0 effect to a guy. While a trashcan hitting his forearm nearly knocks him out.

You can say hes bottom 10% all you want. What Im saying is hes getting worse at it all the time. He use to be a great performer/ring storyteller/seller. Hes going downhill in all of it. In an Albert Haynesworth "I gots me a big contract, now Ill go take a nap" type of noticeable way.

He's had 3? matches in the last 3 months. You're overreacting because of the one no sell spot he uses for big matches (take a big move, hit a big clothesline) and falsely extrapolating it across the rest of his work.

Edited by Bullet Club

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's had 3? matches in the last 3 months. You're overreacting because of the one no sell spot he uses for big matches (take a big move, hit a big clothesline) and falsely extrapolating it across the rest of his work.

I guess that could make sense if I were alone in noticing. But there are thousands upon thousands saying much the same. He just aint what he was.

Like Omega in NJPW compared to his AEW work. Some people do need their hand held, walked through their work, told whats to be done. And not be left to their own devices, because theyre their own worst enemy.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

I guess that could make sense if I were alone in noticing. But there are thousands upon thousands saying much the same. He just aint what he was.

Like Omega in NJPW compared to his AEW work. Some people do need their hand held, walked through their work, told whats to be done. And not be left to their own devices, because theyre their own worst enemy.

I'm not saying Mox doesn't have issues. No selling certainly isn't one of them.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not saying Mox doesn't have issues. No selling certainly isn't one of them.

Its the whole works for me. He was great, then goes to WWE where he was good, then NJPW and he was great again, maybe his best. Now. Few months back I commented on him crawling into position to take a top rope dive. On his back, working his shoulders in rowing motion, pushing with his feet to get into position. Hes a longtime great veteran wrestler. Whats he doing so far out of position for a move?

For me. He just hasnt been what he spent years growing to be. He was so good at selling damage WHILE turning to going on the offensive. That him not selling is more noticeable because it is him.

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its the whole works for me. He was great, then goes to WWE where he was good, then NJPW and he was great again, maybe his best. Now. Few months back I commented on him crawling into position to take a top rope dive. On his back, working his shoulders in rowing motion, pushing with his feet to get into position. Hes a longtime great veteran wrestler. Whats he doing so far out of position for a move?

For me. He just hasnt been what he spent years growing to be. He was so good at selling damage WHILE turning to going on the offensive. That him not selling is more noticeable because it is him.

That's fair

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Loved the Takeover.

No Surrender was mediocre at best IMO

Thought on Taya in NXT?

Figured she would join sooner or later since morrison is here, im guessing she will be a big star in NXT and then just another Natalya on the main roster..

I will say. Mox was far better last night than he was last week. Didnt like the ending when he nosold the roundhouse.  But that could have been a time thing to make sure they had room to fit the last skit. Work in front half of the match was more back like his old self.

Dark Order coming out for Page was cool. Next week should have him rush to bail them out of trouble. Keep this thing between them going.

Really liked this dynamite, i thought Deeb vs riho was excellent and the best match on the show, the title match and the main event was also very good, and the announcing of the exploading barbedwire deathmatch should split the fans like they did with the full gear main event with kenny and mox.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:42 PM, drew39k said:

Did anyone else feel incredibly uncomfortable watching sting take a pretty high angle powerbomb? I guess it means the street fight match will not be cinematic if he is willing to take that bump.

i popped cuz i thought it was cgi or something. p sure the man knows his body, it was the best thing to happen in this program since it started 

On 2/18/2021 at 8:48 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I will say. Mox was far better last night than he was last week. Didnt like the ending when he nosold the roundhouse.  But that could have been a time thing to make sure they had room to fit the last skit. Work in front half of the match was more back like his old self.

Dark Order coming out for Page was cool. Next week should have him rush to bail them out of trouble. Keep this thing between them going.

yes, it was great seeing team taz and dark order finally not look like dweebs