2020 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Expect to see his name a lot in mock drafts for the Vikings.  For me, it'd be a no-brainer if he's there.

I think you’re only going to see him mocked to the Vikings for another week. After this week he’ll be long gone before the Vikings pick at 25. 

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Expect to see his name a lot in mock drafts for the Vikings.  For me, it'd be a no-brainer if he's there.

I saw that today, clearly it is BS though.  Kinlaw should easily be gone by Atlanta or Dallas, even Indy could take him not to mention Miami, Oakland, Jacksonville or New England.  He is the 2nd best DT in the draft so no way he lasts that long.

That mock is BS though, Becton picked over Wirfs and Andrew Thomas make zero sense.  Patrick Queen being a high 1st round pick when really he has had only one great year of production.  Ross Blacklock as a 1st rounder?  He is good but not sure he is that good.  Kenneth Murray makes no sense for Baltimore, he is not a 3/4 ILB or OLB and Zach Baun a 1st round pick?  Why, again a one year production guy when previously he has done little to nothing.   So that guy's mock drafts are kind of out there, wish Kinlaw was a reality for Minnesota, I thought it was early in the season and brought that up more than once but honestly now there is little to no chance to get him.

7 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think they've flashed competence...but I also think I will take a wait and see approach as to whether they are actually good.  I also realize, as there are plenty of unknowns about Boyd and Hill as players, they will likely see lots of time on the field as I and others anticipate that there will be two new starting CB's next season.

I don't think either has really played enough for us to know what we have in either.  Same with Hughes really.  Wouldn't go as far as calling any of them "good" just yet.  And we need look no further than Waynes to dispel the myth that any CB is a lock to improve over the years as well.  We just don't know what we've got at CB right now.  I'm betting we'll draft one in the first two rounds this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hyperborean said:

I don't think either has really played enough for us to know what we have in either.  Same with Hughes really.  Wouldn't go as far as calling any of them "good" just yet.  And we need look no further than Waynes to dispel the myth that any CB is a lock to improve over the years as well.  We just don't know what we've got at CB right now.  I'm betting we'll draft one in the first two rounds this year.

You don’t think Waynes has gotten better over the years?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I saw that today, clearly it is BS though.  Kinlaw should easily be gone by Atlanta or Dallas, even Indy could take him not to mention Miami, Oakland, Jacksonville or New England.  He is the 2nd best DT in the draft so no way he lasts that long.

That mock is BS though, Becton picked over Wirfs and Andrew Thomas make zero sense.  Patrick Queen being a high 1st round pick when really he has had only one great year of production.  Ross Blacklock as a 1st rounder?  He is good but not sure he is that good.  Kenneth Murray makes no sense for Baltimore, he is not a 3/4 ILB or OLB and Zach Baun a 1st round pick?  Why, again a one year production guy when previously he has done little to nothing.   So that guy's mock drafts are kind of out there, wish Kinlaw was a reality for Minnesota, I thought it was early in the season and brought that up more than once but honestly now there is little to no chance to get him.

I don't really think college production matters as much as it used to. Teams draft projections and trust they can get the most out of guys which is why an elite athlete like Queen seems exactly like a guy who will wind up in the first.

12 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I don't really think college production matters as much as it used to. Teams draft projections and trust they can get the most out of guys which is why an elite athlete like Queen seems exactly like a guy who will wind up in the first.

Maybe if he runs some boarderline 4.4 40 or something.  But why was that defense so suspect most of the year with poor games against Texas and Alabama and pretty shocking points given up to poor teams in Vandy, Ole Miss and Arkansas?  If he is indeed that great, and over the past few years Phillips and or Divinity have out played him many times.  That Ole Miss game specifically this year, they gave up 400 yards on the ground alone?  Maybe the D just quit because the score was so one sided early, maybe they gave up and quit competing.  In many of those games Queen did not look like he looked in the title game most recently which was arguably one of his best of the season.  That D struggled big time a majority of the year but sure tightened up later in the season which helped.  If Queen to me is this 1st round guy he would have been at that level all season not just in the end, I have never considered him a 1st round pick at any point this season, same with Blacklock, and Baun as well.  

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe if he runs some boarderline 4.4 40 or something.  But why was that defense so suspect most of the year with poor games against Texas and Alabama and pretty shocking points given up to poor teams in Vandy, Ole Miss and Arkansas?  If he is indeed that great, and over the past few years Phillips and or Divinity have out played him many times.  That Ole Miss game specifically this year, they gave up 400 yards on the ground alone?  Maybe the D just quit because the score was so one sided early, maybe they gave up and quit competing.  In many of those games Queen did not look like he looked in the title game most recently which was arguably one of his best of the season.  That D struggled big time a majority of the year but sure tightened up later in the season which helped.  If Queen to me is this 1st round guy he would have been at that level all season not just in the end, I have never considered him a 1st round pick at any point this season, same with Blacklock, and Baun as well.  

1) Teams can put up points because there are 11 defensive players on the field. It is not the job of 1 LB to keep points off the board.

2) I'm not even talking about Queen specifically. I'm talking about trusting your coaching staff to be able to take someone with special physical attributes and improve them as a football player. If you only want multiple years of college production, you end up with Jarvis Jones instead of Clay Matthews or JPP. College production is great, but if the player doesn't have NFL caliber athleticism it doesn't mean much.

Just now, vikestyle said:

1) Teams can put up points because there are 11 defensive players on the field. It is not the job of 1 LB to keep points off the board.

2) I'm not even talking about Queen specifically. I'm talking about trusting your coaching staff to be able to take someone with special physical attributes and improve them as a football player. If you only want multiple years of college production, you end up with Jarvis Jones instead of Clay Matthews or JPP. College production is great, but if the player doesn't have NFL caliber athleticism it doesn't mean much.

That is one example, there are many others like say Devin White who had two highly productive years as a SOPH and JR in college.  Not just one last few great games to end a season then going out on a high note.  Luke Kuechly is another, he was amazing throughout not just for the final 4-5 games.  Sure if one is damaged goods that is a problem and with Jones that was the problem his health and or knees I think it was.  Anyone saying Dele Harding is a 1st round pick?  Kid had a great season and was crazy productive, and is quite athletic and arguably a stronger player than Queen.  People saying he is a 1st round pick as an athletic linebacker?  Or TJ Brunson who moved to OLB and did great compared to being ILB most of his career, another fine athlete, people say he is a 1st round pick?  No because neither was in the title game and or playoff.  I think a lot of Queen's hype right now is where he played and being shown during a big stage, which is great but I am saying he did not look like that earlier in the season, and yes the linebacker play does have something to do with being able to stop the run against a inferior Ole Miss team.  

Queen gets lost in the wash a lot, does not get off blocks great and at times is not very physical.  But people like his speed sure but a 1st round pick seems a little bit of a stretch but will see how he works out I guess.  

Former Saint John's offensive tackle Ben Bartch was a shock to many in the one-on-one drills. Weighing in at 6-foot-5, 308 pounds with 33-inch arms, Bartch is the only Division III player in attendance for the Senior Bowl, but he shined against Division I competition all day long. He logged strong reps in the one-on-ones against Alabama's Terrell Lewis and Florida edge defender Jabari Zuniga.

Javon Kinlaw had himself a day. The former JUCO product turned South Carolina standout weighed in at 6-foot-5, 315 pounds with 34-inch arms and 10-inch hands — all fantastic numbers for a pass-rushing defensive tackle at the next level. He also dropped some jaws in the interview process and torched Simpson and others in the one-on-one drills.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-senior-bowl-day-1-practice-and-weigh-in-notes