2020 Draft Talk

swede700

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Most recent mock 4 rounder I did I had the Vikings get these guys.  Little stretch with Stenberg that high but he is so good in the run game, and Throckmorton is a good value 4th round and a potential OT backup or OG.  And clearly love James Lynch for the Vikings and hope they get him!

25. Minnesota  - James Lynch Baylor JR DE/DT

57. Minnesota - Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS SR OG  

89. Minnesota - Essang Bassey Wake Forest SR CB

121. Minnesota- Calvin Throckmorton Oregon SR OG/OT

No Burrow, Jeudy, or Winfield

0/10 would no draft.

(I wouldn't mind that haul too much)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

No. Not if you think he's a legit franchise QB.

But are there others? Burrow May be seen as the top QB but do you also view Tua and/or Herbert a legit QB? What kind of team could you build around those other QBs? 

QB is important, no doubt, but even the best QB prospects aren’t enough to catapult a bad team into relevance. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But are there others? Burrow May be seen as the top QB but do you also view Tua and/or Herbert a legit QB? What kind of team could you build around those other QBs? 

QB is important, no doubt, but even the best QB prospects aren’t enough to catapult a bad team into relevance. 

Herbert? He's not close to ready this year. Tua? Can he stay healthy? If you think Burrow is Rogers or Brees or choose your name, you take him and you trust you can build around him. If you don't LOVE Burrow, or are in love with at least two others, sure, do the deal. But I'm not.......

It is a team sport, but QB is still the most important position.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, swede700 said:

Dang.  That would be a tough decision.  The thing is, Burrow is likely to have the Panthers in contention, so the picks will be low.  If you're confident Tua is going to be healthy, and that you can get him at #7 (or trade up to get him) it would be quicker and easier to rebuild your franchise.  

If I'm the Panthers, I wouldn't do it. Maybe for Lawrence next year. Love Burrow but there's only a 4-5 month sample size of QB play from him on an absolutely loaded offense. If his 2018 was better, I'd be more inclined to say he's a sure thing but just one year worries me a bit.

Panthers have a good outline of an offense with the best RB in the league, a young/upcoming WR in Moore but their defense is a mess so even if they do trade all those picks for Burrow, that defense is dreadful and it gets harder to rebuild said defense with no firsts for the next 3 years.

They should absolutely trade Cam, get a pick or two back for him, and possibly trade up for a QB or just roll with Grier and/or Kyle Allen and see if they can get a low enough pick for a QB next year.

If I'm the Bengals, I'd do that. They'd be a front runner of Lawrence in 2020 if they roll with Finley and they'd have a lot of ammo to make some splashes the next 3 years. They could rebuild that pretty damn fast with two firsts for the next 3 years.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Maybe if he last until the 3rd and we moved on from Kyle. We have way bigger holes to fix assuming we stick with the trinity (rick,zim,kirk)

That'd still be pushing it for me although a Smith/Moss tight end duo would be very fun, we just have too much else to fill and our offense didn't really take advantage of having Rudy/Smith on the field at the same time as it is and I don't think we throw the ball enough to need two pass catching TE's.

If you promised me that we'd use the TE's a crap ton and it'd be a vocal point of the offense, I'd be more inclined but still iffy.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228