2020 Draft Talk

swede700

11 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Really hope we take a QB before the 3rd round.

I don't know how blind the brass can be ... if they don't strike gold in FA, and even if they release both Rhodes + Wayne + RR  ... while retaining Alexander + Harris ... we should be "ok" with running out Hughes + Hill + Mack + a later round pick as our CBs ... the focus needs to be on adding 2 OL (within the top 3 rounds) ... and hopefully a QB as well.

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I don't know how blind the brass can be ... if they don't strike gold in FA, and even if they release both Rhodes + Wayne + RR  ... while retaining Alexander + Harris ... we should be "ok" with running out Hughes + Hill + Mack + a later round pick as our CBs ... the focus needs to be on adding 2 OL (within the top 3 rounds) ... and hopefully a QB as well.

Absolutely. That would be the perfect scenario imo. Zimmer can get late round CB's to play up to par. A Free Agent 3 Tech or one in the draft would be my next pick.

19 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Really hope we take a QB before the 3rd round.

I think they have to take one in one of the first 3 rounds, but it doesn't have to be in the first 2.  It can be in the 3rd.  They can't just run with Cousins and Browning.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I think they have to take one in one of the first 3 rounds, but it doesn't have to be in the first 2.  It can be in the 3rd.  They can't just run with Cousins and Browning.  

As long as we can get a guy that can be developed I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

As long as we can get a guy that can be developed I'm all for it.

I would hope so...maybe a guy like Riley Neal...I don't know where he'll fall in the rankings, as he didn't have a great year in his move to the SEC for his 5th year, but it was Vanderbilt, after all.  We'll have to see how the evaluations go.  

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

If the team is sticking with zone blocking as their primary scheme I would prefer tackles with somewhat longer arms. That is not to say Jones couldn't get the job done. It is just that I wouldn't call him ideal.

Isn't 33" the "magic" number for OTs/arm length? Or is it 34"? Either way he is close enough IMO.

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

He may be a little short and light, but Arif indicated that this is a guy who might be a prototypical zone-blocking OG.

As long as he can anchor down and hold his own in pass-pro. The Draft Network has him as their highest rated iOL. Biadasz falling there as well...