2020 Draft Talk

swede700

If they trade for Williams;

A.) Cut Riley Reiff, draft AJ Terrell (or insert your CB of choice) at 22, and draft Austin Jackson at 25 to play guard. 

B.) Trade or rescind tag for Harris, draft AJ Terrell (or insert your CB of choice) at 22, and draft Antoine Winfield Jr. at 25. 

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

for 1 year. Williams isn't going to want to take a 1 year deal.

Do you think the cap is going to go down? 

The Vikings have over $40M currently projected for 2021. Could easily gain an additional $12M by letting go of Reiff. 

Adding Williams would likely require an immediate decision on Harris or Reiff, but there’s no issues beyond this year with the cap. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Do you think the cap is going to go down? 

The Vikings have over $40M currently projected for 2021. Could easily gain an additional $12M by letting go of Reiff. 

Adding Williams would likely require an immediate decision on Harris or Reiff, but there’s no issues beyond this year with the cap. 

No. I don't think the cap is going to go down. Was that a question that you felt needed to be asked?

I don't know that a long term extension for the cap's sake is a great idea for a tackle with an extensive injury history that basically hasn't played for 2 years. I just don't think it's a good move.

They already have $12M+ in cap space. 

• release Reiff (designate post-June 1st, saves $11M on the cap this year and next)
  • draft a LG on day 2 (I want Jonah Jackson)
  • extend Harris, lowering his $11M cap figure slightly
  • pay Williams (premium 4 year deal that they can get out of after 2 years if he doesn't live up to it)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Williams for a day three pick would be great, I just hope that Harris being moved to make room for William's contract isn't involved in the overall scheme of things. However, if he is traded for a 2nd round pick, i get it.

Trent Williams coming in for [4th round pick] (which was the compensation I was thinking he was worth), would mean that Reiff should be cut, and then LG is addressed with a day 2 pick. That would be a preferred approach.

12 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

No. I don't think the cap is going to go down. Was that a question that you felt needed to be asked?

It wasn’t intended to be snarky. With the possibility of a shortened season, or no season, and a loss of revenue there might be an affect on the cap. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to spend all day arguing about it, but unless it was some crazy bargain, I'd be against acquiring him.

I'm not in favor of losing Harris to get him.
I don't think he can be counted on to stay healthy (2 full 16 game seasons in a 10 year career, none over the past 5)
He's not going to agree to some team friendly deal just because
He's not the same player that he was in his prime.

Edited by JDBrocks