2019 Packer Forum Dynasty League (Keepers/Discussion)

Cadmus

Welcome back to YEAR 7 of the PACKER FORUM DYNASTY LEAGUE.

2013 Champion: JBurge

2014 Champion: Kal-El

2015 Champion: Kal-El

2016 Champion: JBurge 

2017 Champion: Charisma

2018 Champion: JBurge 

Just going to start with a basic roll call. Please let me know your intentions as soon as possible. 

You guys did an awesome job as a league last year. I had very few issues with weekly lineups, and it was one of the easiest leagues I've ever managed-- So (as a thank you) I'm putting up a $20 Amazon GC for whoever can beat @JBURGE this season (just kidding @JBURGE I'll give you the GC if you somehow beat the odds and win a fourth time). 

@JBURGE @ChaRisMa @CWood21 @CombOver @Lieker @Bieker1 @PandaSquadAlpha @Dwade1001 @chucknorris101 @ajdodge09 @DannyB @squire12

Two potential league changes I know there has been interest in are the use of FAAB and a live draft for the rookies/non-keepers (instead of the month-long ordeal). Both will need to be agreed upon by the majority of the league. If you have any other league changes others may be interested in, feel free to list them below. 

Kal just posted tonight that he had to back out of the league due to other commitments. If anyone has other FF members they think may be interested in the league, please let me know. FF Members will get priority, but if we can't find someone willing to manage each team we can explore other owners. I will write a post looking for new owner(s) in the Packers Forum after I've heard responses from everyone (Please give me at least a week before we starting courting new owners). 

**NOTE** Due to the history of the league, I WILL NOT accept any new owners that have previously owned a team in the league. I'll rely on @squire12 and @JBURGE -- among others to help me  out there. 

• Like 1

Alright, 

I've got 8 owners that are in for next season already (including myself). 

I still need a yes or no from @ChaRisMa @CWood21 @chucknorris101 @DannyB @CombOver

FAAB seems to be a near-lock based on general feedback, but let's get these owners sorted out before we begin to make final decisions on rules.

Edited by Cadmus

On 5/1/2019 at 6:51 AM, JBURGE said:

Someone explain what faab is again... yes to live draft for me, or at least a faster one than we've done 

16 hours ago, PandaSquadAlpha said:

I’m in for another season!

Not sure what Faab is but I’m down for live drafting and open to other changes.

@JBURGE @PandaSquadAlpha

FAAB is a set up for in season player waiver/FA pick ups.  Each team has a set "budget" (fictional, not real $$).  Lets say it is set for each team at $100.

The process for in season player Waiver/FA claims is based on how much you "bid" on that player.  Player is awarded to the highest bidder, not a waiver order priority based on record.

So once you are out of FAAB budget $$, you are no longer able to bid on players in season.  

1.  players are awarded based on highest FAAB bid

2.  IF 2 or more teams tie for highest bid, then it goes to a secondary process, usually worst to best league standings priority (currently how we do it)

3.  Waiver claims are how this is done, after the player has been on waivers for the set amount of time, then you can add players first come first serve at no cost to your FAAB budget.

Hope that answers some questions.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

@JBURGE @PandaSquadAlpha

FAAB is a set up for in season player waiver/FA pick ups.  Each team has a set "budget" (fictional, not real $$).  Lets say it is set for each team at $100.

The process for in season player Waiver/FA claims is based on how much you "bid" on that player.  Player is awarded to the highest bidder, not a waiver order priority based on record.

So once you are out of FAAB budget $$, you are no longer able to bid on players in season.  

1.  players are awarded based on highest FAAB bid

2.  IF 2 or more teams tie for highest bid, then it goes to a secondary process, usually worst to best league standings priority (currently how we do it)

3.  Waiver claims are how this is done, after the player has been on waivers for the set amount of time, then you can add players first come first serve at no cost to your FAAB budget.

Hope that answers some questions.  

I will vote no for this. I feel that the current way makes it more competitive. 

Edited by JBURGE

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'll rejoin as a replacement if yall don't wanna boot me for constructing the strongest roster again 

This was clarified in the last paragraph of the OP. 

We're not doing any retreads. I don't want to open that can of worms.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Edited by Cadmus