Should Haskins sit his Rookie Year?

2 hours ago, Woz said:

If they're in it going into the bye and Haskins hasn't started, he isn't starting after the bye barring an injury (they're not going to risk missing the playoffs).

If they aren't in it going into the bye and Haskins hasn't started, unless the tables just turned, someone ought to be fired because what are they saving him for?

Because he's a rookie and McCoy is the next guy in line with the most experience plus Jays guy. Your saving him for the 2020 season and giving him a full season to adapt to the NFL. Why start him and possible wins taking us from top 10 in the draft to 15. Like last year, had they just kept Sanchez as the starter they would've been drafting at 8 instead of 15. 

• Like 1

Haskins will start most likely. The only way he wouldn't is if he shows he is nowhere near ready. Don't see that happening though, we will most likely run a simpler scheme until he shows he is ready for more 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So Mahomes wasn't that much better than Smith in KC? Not from what Smith was doing here and what Mahomes did in his 1st season as the starting QB after sitting a year. Even if Haskins is better than Mcoy and Keenum I still want him to sit a year. 

Can't follow this logic. The object is to win games . Your best players help you do that. So if he's the best player - ( not saying I think he will be - BUT if he is ) why sit him-to what purpose. ?

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't follow this logic. The object is to win games . Your best players help you do that. So if he's the best player - ( not saying I think he will be - BUT if he is ) why sit him-to what purpose. ?

While you won't follow the logic of a coach ranked 7th in Wins in NFL history, I would. Your sitting him on purpose to allow him to grow and learn the NFL game. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

While you won't follow the logic of a coach ranked 7th in Wins in NFL history, I would. Your sitting him on purpose to allow him to grow and learn the NFL game. 

Wouldn't the assumption be - if he's "the best" -he has grown and learned? Albeit - quickly !