2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I’m all in on wanting protection or a weapon for Sam, but damn is Chase Young a beast. He could be the answer to our pass rusher prayers. Watching highlights, he might be better at getting after the QB than both Bosa bros. 

We need to help our hopefully franchise QB ALOT more than getting a missing piece to our defense.

• Like 2

Agreed, but if we are picking in the top 5 and Thomas and Jeudy are gone, do we reach?  As I have mentioned previously CB and WR can be had in FA.  Rarely do top OT and Edge make it to FA.  I would much prefer a trade down even at a discount, but assuming we don't, Young would fill a need we have had forever.  I also would not mind the top CB.  In an ideal world, trade down and take the top OT or even OG/C.  Just don't reach.

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed, but if we are picking in the top 5 and Thomas and Jeudy are gone, do we reach?  As I have mentioned previously CB and WR can be had in FA.  Rarely do top OT and Edge make it to FA.  I would much prefer a trade down even at a discount, but assuming we don't, Young would fill a need we have had forever.  I also would not mind the top CB.  In an ideal world, trade down and take the top OT or even OG/C.  Just don't reach.

There's other OTs and WRs that aren't reaches there. Those are probably the 2 best positions in this draft class.

59 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don't see any CB that is worthy of top 5 at the moment. Wirfs has to show that he actually has all tools to be LT at the combine and several meetings to be considered as top 5 prospect.  In regard of WR, Jeudy is special and the rest of good WRs will need to blow away at the combine just barely getting included in top 5 conservation. Hence, Chase Young should be right target for Jets for now.   Let's hope qb class sells extremely well so Jets can get good deal in trading down.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:35 AM, Bobby816 said:

There's other OTs and WRs that aren't reaches there. Those are probably the 2 best positions in this draft class.

There's only 1 WR worthy of top 5 and same with OT at the moment all though there could be one in Wirfs if he continues to play well.  OT is talented but the other guys are so injury prone (Smith, Adams).

I'd prefer to trade down unless we go LT (Thomas, Wirfs).  We really really need at least 4 (maybe 5 if Edoga can't cut it) new OL starting with a LT so if we can land one great.  If not I'm all for trading down because we need to revamp the OL bad.   

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

There's only 1 WR worthy of top 5 and same with OT at the moment all though there could be one in Wirfs if he continues to play well.  OT is talented but the other guys are so injury prone (Smith, Adams).

I'd prefer to trade down unless we go LT (Thomas, Wirfs).  We really really need at least 4 (maybe 5 if Edoga can't cut it) new OL starting with a LT so if we can land one great.  If not I'm all for trading down because we need to revamp the OL bad.   

Did Wirfs get moved back to RT for Iowa I was briefly watching that game Saturday and I think I heard the announcer say that. He looked good though.

37 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Did Wirfs get moved back to RT for Iowa I was briefly watching that game Saturday and I think I heard the announcer say that. He looked good though.

Didn't catch the game.  I know Jackson was injured and Wirfs was switching to LT but didn't know how long Jackson was out.  Wirfs is the total package as an OT but Jackson was more experienced so he kept his LT spot.  I expect both IOWA OT's to be called on day 1.  Both are that good. 

48 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yes.  Wirfs took over LT because Alaric Jackson was injured and missed a couple games.  Now, everyone returns to their original spot.

We need to just put everyone on the trading block like DEN is doing.  Blow this thing up and get as many picks as we can so Douglas can rebuild this OL and add another WR.  We are desperate for some roster direction.

I'd trade Bell at this point if someone offered a 2nd.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

We need to just put everyone on the trading block like DEN is doing.  Blow this thing up and get as many picks as we can so Douglas can rebuild this OL and add another WR.  We are desperate for some roster direction.

I'd trade Bell at this point if someone offered a 2nd.  

Since Broncos are struggling to find qb should we trade Darnold as well? lol.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Him, Herndon and Adams are the only ones not on the block so we are open for business.

I agree 100% Its for the best. We need to completely rebuild for once regardless of where we end up in the draft order. At least we have the QB now go build him a line and draft some young weapons. This could be a young athletic team with more speed all over next year if we do the right things. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

I agree 100% Its for the best. We need to completely rebuild for once regardless of where we end up in the draft order. At least we have the QB now go build him a line and draft some young weapons. This could be a young athletic team with more speed all over next year if we do the right things. 

Exactly add speed on defense, OL at every position and as many weapons as possible.  The formula isn't difficult.  I honestly don't think we are that far off.  The defense has been better then expected (even with no support from the offense) and no good pass rushers or CB's.

@Bobby816 probably gonna love this but it's time we built up an offense that is dangerous where we get talked about with teams like KC< ATL, NO, LAR, etc.  The defense without pass rushers and CB this year has shown that it can be good enough to keep us in games and if we had an offense be even better.  Enough of the 1st round non premium players lets smarten up already.