2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I personally think he is and will go down as a top 5/10ish Safety ever if he stays healthy. 

Same, his desire to be great is undeniable. Talent is obviously there, but his mindset and approach to the game will make him a generational player. 

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I personally think he is and will go down as a top 5/10ish Safety ever if he stays healthy. 

For me its WAY too early to tell and to say top 5-10 is pretty high regards. Doesn't mean he cant be great. Just maybe not one of the greatest. For me what he needs is pass rush on the line and at LB to make him roam free and be a playmaker. Whether that playing inside the box and being that extra blitzer, jumping routes reading plays, etc.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For me its WAY too early to tell and to say top 5-10 is pretty high regards. Doesn't mean he cant be great. Just maybe not one of the greatest. For me what he needs is pass rush on the line and at LB to make him roam free and be a playmaker. Whether that playing inside the box and being that extra blitzer, jumping routes reading plays, etc.

Is it just me or did Bowles let him roam free more often? I agree though, he's at his best when allowed to just be a playmaker. I think part of that can be attributed to his preparation and knowledge of the opposing offense, which is one of the reasons I have so much respect for him as a player. He's a student of the game, and just genuinely seems to love football. 

Edited by NJC33

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Is it just me or did Bowles let him roam free more often? I agree though, he's at his best when allowed to just be a playmaker. I think part of that can be attributed to his preparation and knowledge of the opposing offense, which is one of the reasons I have so much respect for him as a player. He's a student of the game, and just genuinely seems to love football. 

Bowles definitely let him play with more freedom and GW has been using him more in coverage for obvious reasons. Adams is a natural “Robber” and GW utilizes that role heavy but right now we can’t.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, xrade said:

Ask yourself what the FEWEST positional groups are allowed to walk in FA.  I think you will find QB, Edge, LT.  Right behind that are the rest of the OL.  If we want a good OL, we will need to draft at least a LT, C or OG early.  WR is always available in FA as is CB.  We need to go into the first 2 rounds thinking Rd. 1 LT and Rd. 2 C/OG.  It does little good to have good/great WR when the QB has no time to throw or go through his progressions.  Robby would have 300 yds. by now if we had a competent OL.

Of course, if the talent is there when we pick. If you end up with a Greg Robinson and miss out on a Mike Evans/Khalil Mack like the rams did, everyone will try to fight JD. That's why I'm going into this with an opened mind. Andrew Thomas is my #1 player period, Alaric Jackson isn't far behind. but I'm not locking in at OT if we find a solution in FA or trade and come away with Megatron type player in the draft. 

Here’s how I rank positions. 

Tier 1: Quarterback, EDGE, Offensive Line

Tier 2: Wide Receiver, Cornerback, Defensive Tackle

Tier 3: Safety, Linebacker, Running Back, Tight End, Kicker, Punter

Tier 4: Fullback, Long Snapper

I punt entire OL because one weak link can hurt the entire Line. 

Dropped Corner from 1 to 2 because of the rules now. 

DT is low because most DT aren’t pass rushing threats and they’re easier to double team and make non existent 

LB and Safety are Tier 3 because the depth of players there and also they’re really dependent on what goes on in front of them and on the outside. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, rickyt31 said:

Still a high chance of that happening because of Tru & our #2 CB situation. I think it's going to be between CB and OT by the end of the season. I'm hoping Macc gets lucky at center, but that's going to be a position to watch as well. 

I only study DLineman now. Bc I figure it’s a waste of my time to study any other 1st Round players outside of that position for us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I only study DLineman now. Bc I figure it’s a waste of my time to study any other 1st Round players outside of that position for us.

Since 07

2 QB

2 S

3 CB

1 LB

5 DL

I think we only have 2 OL in the first 3 rounds in that span(Ducasse and Winters)

Edited by KingOfTheDot

On 9/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, rickyt31 said:

Man, if the season ended right now, we would have the #2 pick in the draft. The Dolphins would have #3 & #4. 

Another guy I'm adding is Tristan Wirfs. I love him and Jackson. 

I brought him up the other day too.  I absolutely love him as a prospect and since I think we likely are out of reach for Thomas (top 5 pick) when the draft rolls around he may end up being my #1 target in the 6-10 range.  

Dude has franchise LT written all over him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I brought him up the other day too.  I absolutely love him as a prospect and since I think we likely are out of reach for Thomas (top 5 pick) when the draft rolls around he may end up being my #1 target in the 6-10 range.  

Dude has franchise LT written all over him.

I'd be all for him

• Like 1

Mike RennerVerified account @PFF_Mike
FollowFollow @PFF_Mike
More

There's a legitimate case to be made that 6 WRs in the 2020 draft class are better than any WR in the 2019 class. They are: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma Jalen Reagor, TCU Laviska Shenault, Colorado Henry Ruggs, Alabama Tee Higgins, Clemson

Think we really need to secure one of these guys at the top of round 2 or a big trade down in round 1.  Adding one of them to Bell, Anderson, Herndon, and Crowder would be ideal for Sam.  I was all about OL but this talent might be too much to pass up in the early rounds.  All of those names look like game changers even though I'm not as high on Shenault as most.  Those other names are game changers.

• Like 1