• Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TO7 not Texlaw. Just a heads up.

Lane and Smith should be the bookends if we are filling out a depth chart. If we are going strictly who is the best it becomes tougher. Smith is very slightly better, but has injury concerns. Lane is right there with him in terms of skill and production, but has steroid concerns. 

Man that's crap and you know it.  Trent Williams is a super player compared to Lane.  There's a legitimate debate between Tyron and Trent.  Lane is not in the discussion.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I'm not gonna say they are firmly behind Lane, but Lane would win by a quarter panel if this were Street Outlaws. It's close, but the winner is clear if you put RT bias aside.

There is no RT bias.  Trent Williams and Tyron Smith are just better than Lane.  

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Man that's crap and you know it.  Trent Williams is a super player compared to Lane.  There's a legitimate debate between Tyron and Trent.  Lane is not in the discussion.  

I'm not BSing here at all. Your bias for the old mindset of LT above all. Lane Johnson routinely shuts down the best pass rushers in the league. He is undeniably the best RT in the entire NFL.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I went with Lane because he is a RT and Trent is not. Trent is an incredible LT. So thats not a knock on him. Much like Smith though, he cant stay healthy. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I went with Lane because he is a RT and Trent is not. Trent is an incredible LT. So thats not a knock on him. Much like Smith though, he cant stay healthy. 

Lane and Tyron Smith are just better. Trent may very well be the best Tackle in other divisions but the NFC East (aside from the Giants) just has been so stacked for so many years.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'm not BSing here at all. Your bias for the old mindset of LT above all. Lane Johnson routinely shuts down the best pass rushers in the league. He is undeniably the best RT in the entire NFL.

There is no bias!  Trent Williams shuts down elite pass rushers all the time!  And he's a better run blocker than lane.  I don't care if he's the best RT in the league, the question is OT and you have to consider LTs in the discussion.  

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Lane and Tyron Smith are just better. Trent may very well be the best Tackle in other divisions but the NFC East (aside from the Giants) just has been so stacked for so many years.

I disagree with this 100%.

Honestly I'm looking at it like this. The fairest way to go about this would be having:

Eagles fans vote between Tyron Smith and Trent Williams
Redskins fans vote between Tyron Smith and Lane Johnson
Cowboys fans vote between Lane Johnson and Trent Williams

All 3 are weighted by percentage and then tallied. 

Giants fans can do whatever they want.

If he can stay healthy in 2019, hard to argue against Tyron. 

Since this is all based on conjecture, he's got my vote. Though the division definitely has some darn good All-Pro tackles. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

PFF is crap, and your eyeball test is bias.  

I'm the most pessimistic Eagle fan on these boards. I'm just way better at scouting than you.

Also, Cowboys and Eagles consistently play teams with better pass rushers because the Redskins usually suck and play the 3rd or 4th place teams in non-division games where as the Eagles and Cowboys usually play the 1st or 2nd place teams. Trent Williams had 1 tough non-NFCE pass rusher to go against in 2018 (Texans), and conveniently missed the game with injury. He hasn't shut down anyone of note in over a year.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2