Patriots sign WR Dontrelle Inman

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Yeah, Chicago has an elite receiving corps with Taylor Gabrielle as the number 2 guy.

Boy are you knowledgeable. Anthony Miller my friend, Anthony Miller. Also, are you pretending Inman is in the same ballpark as Gabriel? Not even close statistically. Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Patterson, Emanuel Hall, and then MAYBE Inman at #7

19 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Boy are you knowledgeable. Anthony Miller my friend, Anthony Miller. Also, are you pretending Inman is in the same ballpark as Gabriel? Not even close statistically. Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Patterson, Emanuel Hall, and then MAYBE Inman at #7

And yet that passing game will be mediocre.

3 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Decent signing?! Good God. If this is a “decent” signing IYO, your WR Corp is bottom of the barrel. Guy wouldn’t even be in the top 8 WR’s for the Bears

The Bears moved on from Inman because they have bigger investments in the last two years between Robinson/Miller/Ridley/Gabriel/Patterson/Hall. Depending on what you need and how they fit in with the culture and team atmosphere then you could argue Inman is only inferior to Robinson and Miller right now.

Edited by DoleINGout

4 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Inman and Gabriel have played the same number of seasons. Inman has 36 YPG to Gabriel’s 33, Inman has 11 TDs to Gabriel’s 10, Inman has 8.1 yards per target to Gabriel’s 8.0, Inman has a catch rate of 60.8% to Gabriel’s 63.4%, they both average 2.7 receptions per game, and Inman’s best season is 810 yards to Gabriels 688. 

If you don’t watch the NFL outside your team, it wouldn’t hurt to look up numbers before speaking. To everyone else, Gabriel and Inman are the exact same level of receiver, strong depth players nobody wants as a starter. 

And Gabriel was your teams number two receiver. He had nearly twice the targets and receptions as Miller in only one more game. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Still a bit shocking that Ryan Schrader and Donald Penn are still looking for work. I get Remmers probably has familiarity with the Giants, but Schrader is a better player overall, right?

Penn is older and injury prone. Not sure about Schrader.

16 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Decent signing?! Good God. If this is a “decent” signing IYO, your WR Corp is bottom of the barrel. Guy wouldn’t even be in the top 8 WR’s for the Bears

The Bears are really solid across their entire offense, no doubt. 

If they make the playoffs, I’d put hard cash on them getting more than 15 points in their second go around.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

It is a lower half corps for sure, but it doesn't matter, does it - they're going to be open and they're probably going to receive an accurate pass. So our below average WR corps will out-perform your above average one, and probably win the superbowl :D

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It is a lower half corps for sure, but it doesn't matter, does it - they're going to be open and they're probably going to receive an accurate pass. So our below average WR corps will out-perform your above average one, and probably win the superbowl :D

I don't see it as a lower half at all, specially after Gordon returns. Gordon, Harry, Edelman with Inman, Dorsett and Thomas.  Thomas and Gordon should both be fine by December which is all that counts really.  

3 hours ago, patman said:

I don't see it as a lower half at all, specially after Gordon returns. Gordon, Harry, Edelman with Inman, Dorsett and Thomas.  Thomas and Gordon should both be fine by December which is all that counts really.  

Gordon isn't coming back. Put down the blunt...

5 hours ago, patman said:

I disagree, tbh. I don't think we'll see either one of Gordon or Thomas at any point.

1. Harry, 2. Dorsett, s. Edelman, 4. Inman or some kind of order. I do think Harry is going to be a beast though. Like I said above though, they don't need to be good to be productive. We'll make them productive.

Edited by Hunter2_1

20 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Inman and Gabriel have played the same number of seasons. Inman has 36 YPG to Gabriel’s 33, Inman has 11 TDs to Gabriel’s 10, Inman has 8.1 yards per target to Gabriel’s 8.0, Inman has a catch rate of 60.8% to Gabriel’s 63.4%, they both average 2.7 receptions per game, and Inman’s best season is 810 yards to Gabriels 688. 

If you don’t watch the NFL outside your team, it wouldn’t hurt to look up numbers before speaking. To everyone else, Gabriel and Inman are the exact same level of receiver, strong depth players nobody wants as a starter. 

And Gabriel was your teams number two receiver. He had nearly twice the targets and receptions as Miller in only one more game. 

Tbf, bc Howard is so terrible in the pass game, Gabriel was the primary crackdown option.  Miller had a shoulder injury which he played with for 3/4 of the season and took him out of 2 games, in addition to the 1 he missed.  Even so led the team in TD rec with 7 as a rookie, and probably should have been at least 3 more.  

Inman came in and produced 2 years ago when the Bears WR corps was headlined by Kendall Wright and included Tre McBride and Markus Wheaton.  Inman is more than capable and is a good add for the Pats.

8 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Gordon isn't coming back. Put down the blunt...

Why, Godell said that his case will be reviewed right after he completes his rehab.  Why do you think he won't come back?  The league is already talking about not even testing for pot in two years. My guess is that the most they suspend him is a year and he will be back at thanksgiving.  If the team did not think he was coming back why id they tie up 3 mil in cap room this offseason? 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I disagree, tbh. I don't think we'll see either one of Gordon or Thomas at any point.

1. Harry, 2. Dorsett, s. Edelman, 4. Inman or some kind of order. I do think Harry is going to be a beast though. Like I said above though, they don't need to be good to be productive. We'll make them productive.

Thomas is already running on uu may 1st that is 6 months to go before he can come off PUP,  He is not a OL or DT that places an inordinate amount of strain on the tendon.  He can break the press with his left leg if that is a concern.