2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Comes with the territory, man. It's not entirely fair, but this is how superstars are judged. If he was out there putting up huge numbers and still losing then it'd be different (like LeBron in the Magic series), but he's also not playing up to his standard.

And this is why the NBA, and it's fans, are the dumbest thing in sports. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi most definitely was a huge factor. And of the 7 threes FVV hit, how many came off Leonard's assists or off him getting to the lane and making the play? Kawhi is also the one that got the Raptors the lead in the 4th quarter and drove and kicked to FVV for the game leading three after Lopez had tied it. Then he proceeded to get fouled the next trip down and hit two FTs after Giannis got that ally oop dunk....Oh yeah, the following possession, he took it to the rack and got fouled by Brogdan and hit a FT to make it a four point lead. So yeah, I'd say he was a factor down the stretch, and especially in the 4th quarter where he had 15 big points. 

When we were threatening to blow them out, it was FVV that hit the shots which gave Kawhi that opportunity to make those 4th quarter plays. But yeah, it's all Kawhi. All hail Kawhi!

Just now, beekay414 said:

Dude, you're not watching the same game, that much is certain. The big moments have come down to effort plays and the Bucks aren't making them. What is so hard to grasp about that?

Look at the play Kawhi got his own rebound on the missed three. Giannis is straight up battling Gasol while Brogdon and, I think Midds, are ******* standing their watching allowing Kawhi to get the board. 

But yeah, keep blaming Giannis. If his teammates hit the shots they have all year, everything is different. The lane opens more and he puts up better lines. Asking him to do things he doesn't do just because you think he should is like asking Steph and Klay to post up instead of shooting. 

Okay cool, Leonard shouldn't have been able to get his own rebound. Fair. But the Bucks have completed plenty hard. You're acting like the Raptors are just killing it offensively. Early in the series they were missing a lot of shots themselves, especially guys like FVV and Green....Well, the latter is still missing shots but FVV got going the last five quarters or so. 

You are also ignoring the big plays Leonard has made in the last game and in game 3. In the 2nd OT of game 3, it was Leonard with the big steal and the bucket and then another game clinching bucket when Brogdan was guarding him. I'm not saying Giannis teammates have been great, but you're implying the Raptors supporting cast has been great when that is far from the truth. You kill Middleton when Raptors fans can easily kill Siakam for his woes offensively. Siakam, like Middleton will struggle offensively when they are using so much energy on the defensive end. 

You're saying asking him to do things he can't do? Well, I'm just asking for him to play a bit better and to his regular season form...That's it. No one is asking this guy to go LeBron mode to carry the Bucks because that isn't necessary. You are basically admitting his flaws offensively limit his impact in these tight games. That was a point that was made yesterday by me. And it isn't only Giannis, same thing I told @champ11 all year about Jokic and the Nuggets ultimate fate will be in the hands of Murray. Since Giannis isn't going to be able to make these plays, often times the ball ends up in the hands of Middleton. And he certainly came through in spots of game 3, but still you would prefer Giannis being in that position. 

And for the last time, I've mentioned plenty of times that the Bucks are far from dead. Giannis is fully capable of changing the outcome of this series and getting the Bucks to the finals. And he won't even need a monster 45/15/6 type of performance to do so. If he gives what he did in game 2? That should be enough. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

When we were threatening to blow them out, it was FVV that hit the shots which gave Kawhi that opportunity to make those 4th quarter plays. But yeah, it's all Kawhi. All hail Kawhi!

FVV hit some big shots no doubt! Give him props, played a hell of a game. 

Yet, that doesn't make any of my post less true. Are you trying to say Kawhi wasn't the biggest factor in the 4th quarter last night? Why are we even doing this? He's out played Giannis this series and that is a big reason Raptors are up 3-2. Bucks still got 38 points from their back court, still got good production from Lopez who made some big plays in the last three minutes or so of the game. The supporting cast played damn near even yesterday for both teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay cool, Leonard shouldn't have been able to get his own rebound. Fair. But the Bucks have completed plenty hard. You're acting like the Raptors are just killing it offensively. Early in the series they were missing a lot of shots themselves, especially guys like FVV and Green....Well, the latter is still missing shots but FVV got going the last five quarters or so. 

You are also ignoring the big plays Leonard has made in the last game and in game 3. In the 2nd OT of game 3, it was Leonard with the big steal and the bucket and then another game clinching bucket when Brogdan was guarding him. I'm not saying Giannis teammates have been great, but you're implying the Raptors supporting cast has been great when that is far from the truth. You kill Middleton when Raptors fans can easily kill Siakam for his woes offensively. Siakam, like Middleton will struggle offensively when they are using so much energy on the defensive end. 

You're saying asking him to do things he can't do? Well, I'm just asking for him to play a bit better and to his regular season form...That's it. No one is asking this guy to go LeBron mode to carry the Bucks because that isn't necessary. You are basically admitting his flaws offensively limit his impact in these tight games. That was a point that was made yesterday by me. And it isn't only Giannis, same thing I told @champ11 all year about Jokic and the Nuggets ultimate fate will be in the hands of Murray. Since Giannis isn't going to be able to make these plays, often times the ball ends up in the hands of Middleton. And he certainly came through in spots of game 3, but still you would prefer Giannis being in that position. 

And for the last time, I've mentioned plenty of times that the Bucks are far from dead. Giannis is fully capable of changing the outcome of this series and getting the Bucks to the finals. And he won't even need a monster 45/15/6 type of performance to do so. If he gives what he did in game 2? That should be enough. 

Dude, the last 3 games, that the Raptors have won, Kawhi's guys have showed out. Whether it be FVV, Norman Powell, Kyle Lowry or Marc Gasol, they've showed up. Using Siakam as an example to compare to Middleton is dumb. Middleton is our Lowry, not our ******* Siakam. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

FVV hit some big shots no doubt! Give him props, played a hell of a game. 

Yet, that doesn't make any of my post less true. Are you trying to say Kawhi wasn't the biggest factor in the 4th quarter last night? Why are we even doing this? He's out played Giannis this series and that is a big reason Raptors are up 3-2. Bucks still got 38 points from their back court, still got good production from Lopez who made some big plays in the last three minutes or so of the game. The supporting cast played damn near even yesterday for both teams. 

Bruh, without FVV capping the Bucks run, Kawhi doesn't get that opportunity, that's the point. Kawhi ended the game but FVV saved them. That's the point. 

Can someone tell me why Kawhi Leonard is guarding Giannis, but on the flipside Giannis is really not guarding Kawhi very much at all.  I saw something on Twitter that said that Giannis has only defended Kawhi for like 30 possessions the entire series and he's done a good job on him during those 30 possessions. 

I just don't get it.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@beekay414 I do have to ask though. As a fan, how do you handle a franchise QB that gets criticized for his personality and bashed daily? xD

By having a franchise QB worth a damn lol. Just enjoy watching him on Sundays and embrace being cocky like he is lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, the last 3 games, that the Raptors have won, Kawhi's guys have showed out. Whether it be FVV, Norman Powell, Kyle Lowry or Marc Gasol, they've showed up. Using Siakam as an example to compare to Middleton is dumb. Middleton is our Lowry, not our ******* Siakam. 

And the Bucks guys showed out yesterday as well. Are you not going to mention the 38 points the back court gave and what Lopez gave. I mean if you want to compare, please do tell what Gasol was giving them offensively yesterday? Once again, super odd how you keep making it seem like Kawhi got so much more help than Giannis yesterday. That simply wasn't the case regardless of how much you say it.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bruh, without FVV capping the Bucks run, Kawhi doesn't get that opportunity, that's the point. Kawhi ended the game but FVV saved them. That's the point. 

Right, FVV played big. Who is denying that? Kawhi ended the game where the Bucks despite FVV doing what he did in the 3rd quarter were still leading heading into the 4th quarter! That was a tight game throughout. No one is saying Kawhi didn't get any help, but he was the biggest reason the Raptors pulled it off with his big 4th quarter. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Can someone tell me why Kawhi Leonard is guarding Giannis, but on the flipside Giannis is really not guarding Kawhi very much at all.  I saw something on Twitter that said that Giannis has only defended Kawhi for like 30 possessions the entire series and he's done a good job on him during those 30 possessions. 

I just don't get it.

Giannis has done a good job on Leonard, but he's also been good defending the rim. Giannis hardly ever guards the opposing teams best player, that is usually Middleton. And I don't think Middleton nor Brogdan have really done a bad job defending Leonard. He's a supreme offensive player and will get his regardless of the defense. He got off yesterday in the 4th quarter in part due to the Bucks switching everything and him pulling up over Lopez.