2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's getting triple and quadruple teamed. Nobody is putting up high efficiency when facing that type of defense. How is this so friggin hard for you guys. 

I heard he's the first superstar to deal with multiple defenders. Must be tough to be the first player to ever have to deal with that.

Quit being so god damn hostile, man. Giannis is not playing to the level we expect. Other superstars get their **** criticized and Giannis isn't above that or immune from it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I heard he's the first superstar to deal with multiple defenders. Must be tough to be the first player to ever have to deal with that.

Quit being so god damn hostile, man. Giannis is not playing to the level we expect. Other superstars get their **** criticized and Giannis isn't above that or immune from it.

He'll get better.. I'm still haunted by PG getting doubled by the Mia/Clev defense.. Immeadiately after crossing half court.. Just gotta crawl before you run..

Tor's defense has been phenomenal.. While Gasol is old and half the defender he use to be.. He's been a decent paint defender. And tprs perimeter defense has contested every jump shot.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Where did I say they've been so much better? Now who's being ridiculous? They've simply been better by virtue of hitting their shots and we haven't. It's literally that simple. You also said I can't blame Middleton because Giannis isn't "doing enough" yet Lowry is completely out playing him. Mmkay. 

Dude, he's getting triple and quadruple teamed. How is this so hard to get? What more can he do? You want him to completely change who he is because you think he can do more. It's a damn joke. 

This is what I mean, you keep cherry picking certain things. Siakam is the Raptors 2nd best player not Lowry. Go compare Siakam to Middleton which is a much better comparison, since you know, both are the primary defenders on the opposing teams best player. But anyways, you can see the supporting casts have been putting up similar type of stats. This is a EXTREMELY tight and competitive series. There have been three games that have come down to the last few minutes of the game. Raptors have taken two of them and the Bucks have taken one of them. I just don't get why you keep acting like one supporting cast has been better than the other. As for hitting more shots? We literally talked about this last week during the potential finals match up vs GS that Milwaukee's main strategy defensively is to protect the rim and they give up quite a bit of open 3s. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were in the top 10ish in the league in allowing open three point looks. But the Bucks defense overall has still been good with a rating of 106.8 which would rank in the top 5 in the league. 

If you think this is all Giannis can do, then we need to accept he's not close to being the best player in the league..Which he is in the conversation for. We need to completely scratch that since his flawed perimeter shot limits his impact in these tight games. There isn't much separating either team this series. One team has a superstar you can put the ball in their hands and could close the deal, while the other doesn't. Would you at least agree with that then? That while Giannis is doing everything he could, he just doesn't have it in his arsenal to close out these games? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Just like I was saying Giannis should take it upon himself to defend Kawhi, here are the numbers when Kawhi defends Giannis.

If I'm Nicholas Nurse, I'm putting Kawhi Leonard on Giannis and telling him to lock up one more time.

master-lock-padlocks-875dlfhc-64_1000.jp

Injured Kawhi too.. Which makes it that much more insane to think about it. Dude's out here ishhing on the MVP while limping. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Injured Kawhi too.. Which makes it that much more insane to think about it. Dude's out here ishhing on the MVP while limping. 

I get that there's a good chance Giannis is going to win DPotY, but he's not the best defender in the league.  It's like when Draymond talks about how great he is, but he's really not.  My thing is, if you're really the best defender in the league then you need to defend the other teams best player.  If you don't do that, then you're not the best defender in the league.  Kawhi is doing that this series and he's doing a damn good job.  I read that Giannis has defended Kawhi for like 30 possessions the entire series.  That doesn't spell best defender in the game to me.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Whatever you say. I said Giannis isn't immune. This bull**** that he's not doing enough is what bothers me. Dude has been a monster on defense yet you want him to be LeBron or Harden on offense. He can't do everything. 

Kawhi also gets away with a ton of **** on defense due to his rep. Same thing as Draymond. He's allowed to be physical with Giannis but Bucks defenders aren't allowed to be physical with him. It's crap. 

Is what it is. I hope Giannis just merks the Raps tomorrow to shut you clowns up. 

4 hours ago, 49er pride said:

Giannis is doing enough given how Toronto is playing him and daring the supporting cast to beat them, which is excellent, but man, does that Kid need a capable jumper. That would open up the half court offense so much more. 

Exactly. It’s not about Giannis not doing enough. He’s a limited scorer despite how effective he can be as scorer. That’s the issue. 

• Like 2

I said this at the start of the 6ers series. The Raps match up better against the Bucks than the 6ers because our play is built around the perimeter where the Bucks defensive weakness is. 6ers had better perimeter defenders which I thought were gonna be a nightmare for us

"supporting cast" was our team strength the entire season.. In fact the last few seasons, the bench got ice cold to finish the season and it carried pretty much right up til game 3 of this series. Eventually FVV, Powell, Ibaka etc were gonna start rolling and it's showing up the last few games.

I think this series ends tomorrow night and im hoping Danny Green and Marc Gasol get it going for the Warriors series

As far Giannis, Raps fans arent really worried about him. It's Brook Lopez who is scaring the piss out of us

Giannis gonna do what he's gonna do. I think the stage is a little to big for him right now tbh, but Lopez is the guy with the daggers every time Bucks go on a run

Edited by BillsGuy82

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I get that there's a good chance Giannis is going to win DPotY, but he's not the best defender in the league.  It's like when Draymond talks about how great he is, but he's really not.  My thing is, if you're really the best defender in the league then you need to defend the other teams best player.  If you don't do that, then you're not the best defender in the league.  Kawhi is doing that this series and he's doing a damn good job.  I read that Giannis has defended Kawhi for like 30 possessions the entire series.  That doesn't spell best defender in the game to me.

Bruh, what? Draymond is the best all-around defender in the NBA when he's locked in. You can count on one hand the number of guys who can legitimately guard any position on the floor. And Draymond doesn't just legitimately guard them, he is able to shut guys down. This is a guy who can effectively guard Chris Paul or James Harden (so effectively that they try to avoid having Draymond switched onto them) while also defending gifted post-scoring Centers. On top of his 1-on-1 defensive ability, he's an outstanding help defender, a good rim protector, and the guy who is trusted to get the Warriors' defense set.

Putting Draymond as the primary defender on a guy like Harden is a waste. You have two other stellar defenders in Klay and Iggy. You need Draymond's help defense and intelligence much more than you need him as a primary defender. But if you watch the Warriors, they never have any fear late in games of having Draymond step up as the primary defender on a gifted scorer when they need a stop.