2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

7 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay, but he needs to do it.  Kawhi is doing, Giannis needs to do it too.

That's dumb, Showtime. It's not a peeing contest. Giannis, like Draymond, adds more to the team as a help defender. They already have a stellar primary defender in Khris Middleton.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

That's dumb, Showtime. It's not a peeing contest. Giannis, like Draymond, adds more to the team as a help defender. They already have a stellar primary defender in Khris Middleton.

It's not dumb.  The evidence shows that Kawhi Leonard is shooting 0-4 when Giannis has defended him for 30 possessions this series.  That means he almost always passes the ball and when he does shoot he's literally made NO shots against him.  Against a team like the Raptors, Kawhi is looking to come out aggressive and shoot the ball.  You'd MUCH rather anyone else shoot the basketball.

It's not about a peeing contest.  It's about helping your team win.  FACTS show that when Kawhi Leonard defends Giannis that Giannis shoots MUCH worse from the field.  So Leonard defends Giannis in these games. 

The only dumb thing about this is that Giannis isn't defending Kawhi and he needs to start doing it.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's not dumb.  The evidence shows that Kawhi Leonard is shooting 0-4 when Giannis has defended him for 30 possessions this series.  That means he almost always passes the ball and when he does shoot he's literally made NO shots against him.  Against a team like the Raptors, Kawhi is looking to come out aggressive and shoot the ball.  You'd MUCH rather anyone else shoot the basketball.

It's not about a peeing contest.  It's about helping your team win.  FACTS show that when Kawhi Leonard defends Giannis that Giannis shoots MUCH worse from the field.  So Leonard defends Giannis in these games. 

The only dumb thing about this is that Giannis isn't defending Kawhi and he needs to start doing it.

Kawhi guards Giannis because Kawhi isn't a special rim protector or help defender. Where he is truly special is his on-the-ball defense. Giannis adds more to the Bucks defense in a different role. Budenholzer is no fool.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Kawhi guards Giannis because Kawhi isn't a special rim protector or help defender. Where he is truly special is his on-the-ball defense. Giannis adds more to the Bucks defense in a different role. Budenholzer is no fool.

Protecting the rim from who?  Kawhi out there shooting jumpers in the 4th quarter.  Fine, Giannis doesn't have to guard him.  He went for 15 in the 4th quarter. 

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Protecting the rim from who?  Kawhi out there shooting jumpers in the 4th quarter.  Fine, Giannis doesn't have to guard him.  He went for 15 in the 4th quarter. 

The five players on the court for Toronto. Let's say they put Giannis on Kawhi. What's going to stop Toronto from using screens to force switches? And in that scenario, Giannis is out on the perimeter and not in as good of a position to operate as a help defender on Kawhi or the roller attacking the basket.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

The evidence shows that Kawhi Leonard is shooting 0-4 when Giannis has defended him for 30 possessions this series.  That means he almost always passes the ball and when he does shoot he's literally made NO shots against him.

Thats a fairly significant stat and looks to be MKE's road to success.

26 out 30 times Leonard didnt shoot the ball - seriously? Thats a huge win right there.
Of the measly 4 shots he took he missed them all?

Giannis might empty his tank guarding Leonard and be worth squat on the offensive end - but with that level of success, how can you not put him guarding Leonard?

Somebody else on MKE needs to step up.

From what I've seen Giannis doesnt have much of an outside game and he's needing a machete to cut threw all the arms/bodies on his way to the rim. He's getting worn down just trying to get through all the bodies.

On a completely separate note - I hate what the NBA did to the traveling rule. Instead of one step and take it up - they added a second step - so the big guys (like Giannis and LeBron....) are starting their "layup" from outside the foul line - jumping to the middle of the key - and just for good measure taking another step before they finally lift off and dunk it / lay it in. Ridiculous rule change IMO.

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever you say. I said Giannis isn't immune. This bull**** that he's not doing enough is what bothers me. Dude has been a monster on defense yet you want him to be LeBron or Harden on offense. He can't do everything. 

Kawhi also gets away with a ton of **** on defense due to his rep. Same thing as Draymond. He's allowed to be physical with Giannis but Bucks defenders aren't allowed to be physical with him. It's crap. 

Is what it is. I hope Giannis just merks the Raps tomorrow to shut you clowns up. 

But I don't get this. If he has a huge game against the Raptors, isn't that what everyone wants from him? It is you that doesn't seem to think he can do a whole a lot more. The rest of us do think he can do more and want a big game from him. He is certainly capable of a monster performance. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But I don't get this. If he has a huge game against the Raptors, isn't that what everyone wants from him? It is you that doesn't seem to think he can do a whole a lot more. The rest of us do think he can do more and want a big game from him. He is certainly capable of a monster performance. 

No, you said he wasn't doing enough and I called that horse crap. That's all this is. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What my gripe is that people think that he should score more, not necessarily assist more or make better decisions but score more. Should Giannis be a better decision maker? Yeah because he’s been a bit careless with the ball. But given his skill set as far as scoring there isn’t really anything he can do given the defensive attention he’s getting aside from make his free throws. The Raptors are doing a great job of limiting him. Give them a lot of credit 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The five players on the court for Toronto. Let's say they put Giannis on Kawhi. What's going to stop Toronto from using screens to force switches? And in that scenario, Giannis is out on the perimeter and not in as good of a position to operate as a help defender on Kawhi or the roller attacking the basket.

It doesn't matter.  Kawhi Leonard is by far their best player and the dude who is LITERALLY carrying them in the postseason.  Let Ibaka, Gasol, Lowry shoot the ball.  Middleton, Bledsoe, etc can just defend whoever and switch it up, but limit Kawhi as much as you can.

It's so stupid to put subpar defenders on Kawhi when FACTS show that Giannis is going a hell of a job on him. I don't care how good Middleton is, he's not the defender than Giannis is in this situation.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, you said he wasn't doing enough and I called that horse crap. That's all this is. 

No, I said he needs to play better…. Which he is capable of doing.

But anyways, no one ever said he can't have a big game… in fact it is the opposite. You were also saying the team is done just because they are down 3-2. All the Bucks need to do is get a win on the road and bring it back to Milwaukee. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats a fairly significant stat and looks to be MKE's road to success.

26 out 30 times Leonard didnt shoot the ball - seriously? Thats a huge win right there.
Of the measly 4 shots he took he missed them all?

Giannis might empty his tank guarding Leonard and be worth squat on the offensive end - but with that level of success, how can you not put him guarding Leonard?

Somebody else on MKE needs to step up.

From what I've seen Giannis doesnt have much of an outside game and he's needing a machete to cut threw all the arms/bodies on his way to the rim. He's getting worn down just trying to get through all the bodies.

Emptying his tank?  Their season is literally over if they don't win today.  He'll have plenty of time to rest while he watches the NBA Finals from home.

Leonard is carrying offensively AND defending Giannis.  All this talk about conserving energy is out the window.

36 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What my gripe is that people think that he should score more, not necessarily assist more or make better decisions but score more. Should Giannis be a better decision maker? Yeah because he’s been a bit careless with the ball. But given his skill set as far as scoring there isn’t really anything he can do given the defensive attention he’s getting aside from make his free throws. The Raptors are doing a great job of limiting him. Give them a lot of credit 

He just needs to be more impactful and can't really disappear how he has done on the offensive end down the stretch. Happened in game 3 as well. Personally, I think him struggling from the FT line is in his head. Yes, he's had some turnovers trying to get past the wall the Raptors are creating but he needs to adjust and be the one setting the screen. That allows Brogdon and the guards to get a fairly easy floater or Giannis gets an easy lay up/dunk. 

I can't wait for today's game. Going to be super intense and another one that comes down to the 4th quarter.