rank the roster: 2019 edition (#15) (complete)

FinneasGage

who's the 15th best player on the packers?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. who's the 15th best player on the packers?

• Darnell Savage
    • Rashan Gary
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Kyler Fackrell
    • Dean Lowry
    • Elgton Jenkins
    • Jace Sternberger
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    • Equanimeous St. Brown
    • Tramon Williams
    • Tony Brown
    • Josh Jackson
    • Lane Taylor
    • Billy Turner
    • Josh Jones
    • Other

1: Aaron Rodgers | QB
2: David Bakhtiari | OT
3: Davante Adams | WR
4: Kenny Clark | DL
5: Jaire Alexander | CB
6: Bryan Bulaga | OT
7: Za'Darius Smith | EDGE/DL
8: Adrian Amos | SAF 
9: Corey Linsley | C
10: Blake Martinez | LB
11: Aaron Jones | RB
12: 
Preston Smith | EDGE
13: Mike Daniels | DL
14: Kevin King | CB
15: 

Edited by FinneasGage

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on guys, I know we're down on Graham, but picking a rookie safety over him is a little absurd.

I'd be willing to bet if you polled the scouts of this team that Graham probably sneaks into the top 10.

I'm thinking it is Graham, Allison, MVS, or Taylor.  Can't decide.

Can you believe Richard Rodgers has the second most receptions by a Packer TE in a season with 58.

Jimmy Graham still has it in him to be better than **** rod. He was dinged up,  but I think he has one good year left in him. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on guys, I know we're down on Graham, but picking a rookie safety over him is a little absurd.

I'd be willing to bet if you polled the scouts of this team that Graham probably sneaks into the top 10.

I hope not. That's a sign your overall roster is pretty damn weak -- although that's been a consensus about GB for a few years now.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just look at the talent levels on that list. Graham is the standout.

By name alone.  Kyler Fackrell was a better football player than Jimmy Graham last year.  Graham did not look like a starting caliber NFL TE down the stretch. 

Edited by SSG

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

By name alone.  Kyler Fackrell was a better football player than Jimmy Graham last year.  Graham did not look like a starting caliber NFL TE down the stretch. 

I wonder if there was some kind of injury that might have affected his performance? Maybe, I don't know, a broken thumb?

Fackrell is fine. But that's all he is. He had the luckiest year in recorded history (literally, the highest sack/pressure ratio since pressure stats have been tracked semi reliably).

Graham is still a better athlete than anyone on that list that isn't MVS and he comes with a whole host of young guy problems.

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If Jimmy Graham is our second most important receiving threat, the offense is going to stink. 

Why? If you have three or four good targets after Adams, you can afford to lose one without much drop off. If all you have is a rookie behind Graham, you're going to struggle if you lose Graham.

55 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I wonder if there was some kind of injury that might have affected his performance? Maybe, I don't know, a broken thumb?

Fackrell is fine. But that's all he is. He had the luckiest year in recorded history (literally, the highest sack/pressure ratio since pressure stats have been tracked semi reliably).

Graham is still a better athlete than anyone on that list that isn't MVS and he comes with a whole host of young guy problems.

I've already went round and round about Graham.  I've been argueing against him for better part of the last 18 months.  IMO, his piss poor production in the second half of last year had nothing to do with his hand (he had 2 catches and 27 yards in the 2 combined games before his hand injury).   It's not like he was dropping a bunch of passes.  He's the same guy Seattle had the year prior.  If he's not catching jump balls in the endzone, he's almost useless without a blown coverage.  His inability to get seperation causes damn near every pass to be contested.  

I'm no Fackrell fan boy.  I've got no idea how he got his production last year but he's younger and was more productive than Graham last year.